278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
I'm Home...
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
801 members

I'm Home...

A shout to all.

I am back and in the very cold weather. BURRR !  The drive was a long one but worth it.

Oh man, our first stop was in New Orleans. We went through the French Quarter which was beautiful. We ate at a restaurant that was beautiful. The waiters were very proper with the way they served you. We also stopped briefly at one of their above ground grave sites. How intimidating that was. Spooky. I couldn't imagine touring it after dark. No way hose'.  It was Mardi Gras season in the South. We did not experience one in the French Quarter but did indeed see a few in Southern Alabama. I have a ton of beads and prizes from the floats. Oh, and the floats were amazing.

We took long walks on the beach and found some pretty interesting shells, even a sand dollar or two. The sand was white crystal and made the beach look like something out of that beautiful deserted island you see in the movies. Honestly, I could live there and be in awe of my surroundings.

Our dog Wendy really loved the beach as well. I haven't seen her run in a happy puppy style for quite a while. She loved the waves. The cats on the other hand were scared as h*ll to be such a long way from home. They stayed under one of the beds for the first week we were there. They eventually came out and became accustom to things until my Son and Granddaughter arrived. That sent them back under the bed. It's funny though, unlike the ride to Alabama where they were very loud at times, on the way back, they didn't make a peep. I swear they knew they were going home. I think the cats could tell direction from north to South and South to North.

My Son and Granddaughter had a blast... especially my Granddaughter. She has never seen the Ocean or Gulf in this case. The look on her face as we pulled up to the beach was priceless. We shell hunted for hours upon hours. I also took them to Fort Morgan which by the way is haunted. My Son was alone in one of the Barracks in the woods where not too many people explore and came running out of there pale as could be. He said something came towards him. At that point, I went in and we set the camera to 1 minute before it actually took the picture. An orb or bright ball of light came screaming right between us. What a moment that was. I actually caught a few orbs in my picture as well. We were definitely not alone in there.

The next day we traveled to Elgin Air Force Base where my Sister-In-Law's boyfriend was stationed in the 90's. He and she were also visiting and stayed with My Mom and Dad-In-Laws. Heck we had a lot of Family down with us. They rented their own place. Alan took us to the Uniform store where Air men and Women get their digs. I was fortunate enough to purchase an Air Force Sweatshirt that is assigned to the Air Force. It is the nicest piece of clothing I own. Very high quality. The jets were practicing their touch and go's on the runway where they touch down briefly and immediately ascend back up again. They flew right over our car... I mean feet away... Oh man was that cool. We saw where the three and four star generals lived, wow, nice houses right on the Gulf.

Our Cottage was a bit on the cheap interior side. We only had one burner on the stove that worked. I complained immediately on that one. Only two small frying pans.. that was a challenge at times. Barely any water pressure in bathroom # 1 and the laundry room which was on the ground floor (the house sits on stilts) flooded one day as it rained for a while. I had maintenance come look at that. I guess the Woman that owns the place lives in New York. They forwarded a picture to her. Other than that, it was comfortable. Because it sat on stilts, my legs really got a workout. I really need some stairs here. I live in a ranch style home here in Wisconsin and don't have all those stairs.

I have to say that both on the way down and back, we missed the snow storms by hours. Kentucky got the worst of it on our way back. We did hit some rain coming back but just missed the snow they got. We traveled on the very highway that was shut down just recently. What a disaster that would have been with us and the animals.

Well, that's about it.

Take care everyone,
Molly
What a beautiful week this has been in Wisconsin. I'm getting my Greenhouse out today and going to Jung's to buy my seeds.

I'm sure that the plants will be ready by May.

My Hubby painted our shed out back, I'm certain now that he is colorblind. I think it looks more orange than redwood. One thing I do know is that it looks different at certain times of the day.

My youngest cat will not stop howling if she can't go outside on the back porch. She did escape and got out in the yard by herself. I had seen her scamper out to the porch but that was it. 2 hours later I found her meowing to get back in the porch. I was astonished that she stayed in the back.

My best,
Molly
There's nothing that helps my neuropathy like walking barefoot on the beach. I'm hoping to get down to Mexico again and give it a try soon.
It's so good to see you had a nice time!  It's certainly a big tempature change here, but it has been pretty nice. :)

Welcome back!
Thanks you two.
breezytoo uploaded new photos
breezytoo Storms causing some cool mu... Comment
specialmom commented on specialmom's status