278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Insomnia
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
774 members

Insomnia

.

Breathing with the Lower Abdomen:

You can practice this exercise while sitting in a comfortable armchair in a quiet location or you may want to sit in bed so that you are already settled for the night.
    Breathe in and out through your nose slowly while clearing your mind for a few breaths.
    Place both hands on your lower abdomen to make sure you are using the right part of your body for the breaths.
    Breathe in through your nose and expand your lower abdomen gently as you visualize your energy moving up the spine to the level of your shoulder blades.
    Breathe out through your nose and tighten your belly muscles slightly to push our the stale breath and energy.
    Breathe in again bringing up fresh energy and breath and then breathe out again as you release the old energy and stale breath.
    Continue breathing in and out while visualizing the movement of energy up your spine to your shoulder blades for several repetitions.

Spirit Gate (H 7):
what do you think dalubaba---going on with our theme of replacing the negative with the positive in our verbiage---our thoughts---what words we use and how we use them-----
     what do you think if we change or get rid of the idea and word "stale". It just doesn't feel right to me----and the breath in and leaving my body is not "stale".
    Am i just being picky here you guys or ?       omhome
I do remember that once you have hinted about the negative aspect of negative energy. I have thought over the subject and searched many websites. In pranic healing, it is strongly advised to comb out your negative energy from aura ant visualize that it is burnt in a hearth or drowned in a saline water.So release of negative body should not have any negative effect on mind and body. when we think of negative, we subconscious do think of negative. Ignoring negativity may put us in a denial stage which is proscribed in a psychology as well. It is something like removing dirt before washing the floor. If you try dirt pace with removing dirt, you will create mud. This is the argument put up by author of Pranic Healing Teacher **** sui. we will further go into this point.In "swaiso" a Chinese therapy and exercise, it is mainly removing the negative energy.If we like we can go in more detail in this subject. It is good that you are taking good interest In finer points of the holistic therapy.
The above exercise is taken from chair Tai Chi website. It has given a acupressure point H7 on hearth meridian.If we do not want to accociate a negate energy we can visualize the circulation of positive energy, spreading throwout the body from shoulder blades.
yes dalubaba------and we can imagine that we are in an exchange with the forests as trees exhale oxygen!  Yes!  and we inhale--we feed--primary nutrient----prana.  And then we exhale  CO2 and the trees inhale and then the trees exhale O2 and etc.  a beautiful primal Exchange with our mother-planet.
This place-space is where we Touch---where the Inner and Outer are in a balance--0-in a union----in Yoga!   Yes Yes Yes

omhome
I rarely have insomnia, but when I am in my most pain, the insomnia rises with little jabs of fear that the pain itself will kill me while I sleep which then leads to more insomnia...a vicious cycle to say the least....

When my sister worked at the nursing home, she was many times frightened by coming across people in the middle of the night, sitting straight up and eyes wide open in full fearsome insomnia.  She said
she determined that 3/4 of the patients suffered fear insomnia that if
they fell asleep they would die, alone, and so they stayed awake till morning light and then slept half of the sunshine day away.  

When insomnia does raise its head, i sit and ask it pointed questions and always get my answer.  I do compassionate question asking and thank the insomnia afterwards for the info it has given me to continue on my path of recovery...

M
nursegirl6572 "Patience is the calm accep... Comment
nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status
Sep 16
chesbeach joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 13