278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Insomnia
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
771 members

Insomnia

Your FREE exercise for the week:

Lower abdominal breathing with  mind-directed energy flow:

Begin as usual by sitting comfortably in a chair your feet flat on the floor, back fully supported by the back of your chair.
    Breathe in and out through your nose 6 to 12 times while clearing your mind by concentrating on the breaths.
    You may want to place your hands on your lower abdomen to be certain you are breathing with the correct part of your body.  Breathe in through your nose and visualize the energy moving up your spine, over the top of your head to about the mid-point where the One Hundred Meeting Point is located (see illustration below).
    Breathe out through your nose and visualize the "fountain" of energy flowing back downward to the base of your spine.
    Continue breathing in and out through your nose for at least 6 complete breaths with visualizations.

One Hundred Meeting Point (GV 20):

pressure point B7

Locate the acupressure point labeled GV 20 on the illustration above from Michael Reed Gach's book, Acupressure's Potent Points.
    Press firmly with the fingers of both hands while you breathe in and out slowly through your nose for 6 to 12 breaths.
    While pressing on this point, close your eyes and concentrate on the rhythm of your breaths.

Benefits:  In relation to the problem of occasional or chronic insomnia, this acupressure point helps to calm the spirit and clear the brain.  Whirling, worrisome thoughts are the most common causes of insomnia.  Use this point just before bedtime when you're ready to settle down for the night.
I have not had insomnia but if I ever do will remember now what you suggest to do....

I also heard yesterday on YouTube that there is a mudra that is helpful where you put only your fingertips together but not the palms of your hands...Sitting quietly with your hands at waist level and fingertips like little bridges touching each other, fingers outstretched from each other is said to be for calming yourself down and for deeper concentration..I started doing this yesterday and if I notice it helps I will repost what I find here....

Thank you

M
There are 55 mudras. Few of them(about 6) are for mediation and the others are for therapeutic use.Another mudra for insomnia is gyan mudra with one hand and pran mudra with other hand. There is a cluster mudra. which can be done anywhere. Touching the tip of each finger with the thumb's tip one by one. One can do it by keeping hands in a pant's pocket.Google Hand mudra, or finger hand mudre. even you can specify any disorder and you will get the the mudre for special disorder.It is really an interesting subject. I do not know why it is ignored. one reason can be that the mudra's or so simple, one is tempted to put confidence in the therapy..
I find a great calmness with mudras....and yes, it is very interesting...

I try to sit with the Buddha Hand Mudra most of the time and for stress'
after only a few seconds I find myself at ease but I am also meditating
on the image of the Buddha and the calmness in his face.

My little kitty was very sick in the past 2 weeks and normally I would
have been flapping my hands and running fingers through my hair quite upset, but this round of emergency room visits found me calmer which also helped the kitty during her time of distress...

Thank you I will google~ Hand Mudra ~and see what can be found

M
It is obvious that you are very adoptive. You get results in no time.It is quite rare. Most of the techniques take more time and in this delay on loses the patience and leave the practice.When you read in details you will find it to be very scientific involving acupressure and flow of energy,  If one devotes time one can learn to design mudras  specifically for our mental and physical disorder.
I almost forgot, but early this morning at 3 am, I was awakened to the sound of mice in the attic....skittering creatures in the attic in the dark
is very upsetting especially while not being totally awake, and instead of jumping up and running around the house with flapping arms and shrieking voice I just laid and listened to it, getting used to the pattern of it and waking slowly...as I laid there I could here the mice all over the house roof, above me in every room, skittering, scrambling on little mouse feet and then I heard the thunder and saw the lightening strikes through my window...I started laughing, low at first, still a bit confused and then great big belly laughs as the hail continued falling from the sky onto the roof and skittering off to even the sides of the house before falling to the ground.....I went back to sleep with a smile on  my face and used the hail as a little meditative sound as sleep came quickly.......

M
Have we invented a new method to get a heavy rainfall. It would be cheaper to collect mice and pour then on roof and let the rain come. water problem of the world will be solved.
My daughter in law is afraid of mice. we keep our glass door closed all the time. just a day before, I kept it open for few minutes. I did not it entering my bed room.I heard a big cry of my daughter in law. I understood immidiately that mouse has entered through the open door. Our made servant did the disposal work. we had told our architect that we want mouse free house.He said no one can grantee except mice itself.Of course we shall not say yes,yes, yes.
no no no  HA!  thank you for your humor dalubaba  always appreciated.  om
That is funny when you say that no one can guarantee a mouse free home except the mice themselves.....Ha Ha....Now I will try to talk to any mice about it being adventageous for them to all move out or move on to other houses....

M
It is the statement of my architect.I have heard and understood about rat proof rack but not the house.we stayed in a mulch-storied building for one and half  year when our new house was being built. there we used to get big rates from the gutter.Luckily here we do not get them from the gutter.
hey you guys---gotta check this one out----really worth your time just to take a look!  you have to copy then paste it.

http://www.med.umich.edu/painresearch/patients/Relaxation.pdf  

make a beautiful day
by smiling for no reason
at strangers!
HA!

om
make a beautiful day
by smiling for no reason
at strangers!
Now that is the best advise I have heard all day!
Keep a smile going, it makes others wonder what you are up to!
Yes Yes Yes Madman
like the cat that ate the canary!
Smile a tight and broader smile, aligning corners of lips wit outer corners of eyes-level wise.This is properly mentioned in Relaxation response book(website link given by omhomr)
specialmom, and nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status
1 hr ago
nursegirl6572 Looking forward to the leav... Comment
Dalubaba commented on photo