278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Is Ultram/Tramadol a good choice?
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can read up on the latest information on chronic pain, tell your story, post any information you'd like to relay, or just come to simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post is heard, we always hear and respond...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage to cope with our pain from day to day! Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
747 members

Is Ultram/Tramadol a good choice?

Is Ultram a good medication for chronic pain? What kind of pain is it normally used for?

Has anyone used this before? I think I was prescribed it for back pain years ago when I crushed a couple of discs. I'm trying to find a medication that won't fog my brain or make me sleepy.  I know...tall order to fill.  lol
Hello bluebird777,
Yes, Ultram can be a good medication for some people for controlling moderate to severe pain. It is more of a non sedating, narcotic-like pain medication.  With Ultram you experience a lot less side effects usually than with other narcotics such as Loratab, Percocet, or Tylenol 3.  Although, Ultram still can hold the risk of dependency it is not as common because the medication is not as strong.  Ultram personally didn't work to control my pain but I've known a lot of people who was helped by it.  
I recommend you try Ultram to see if it's lower narcotic-like properties could work in helping to control your pain.

I Hope This Helps.  Good Luck and God Bless  Brenda
Thanks Brenda! I'm gonna give it a shot.  It's better than the debilitating pain meds I have now.

Therese
Good Luck Theresa,
I Hope They Help with your Pain.  Keep me posted.  
Merry Christmas and God Bless Brenda
Thank you, Merry Christmas and God Bless to you too!  :) Therese
specialmom forgot about baseball laun... Comment
59 mins ago
breezytoo Always in pain! Comment
nursegirl6572 commented on specialmom's status