278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
List of Grossery
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
788 members

List of Grossery

Louise Redden, a poorly dressed lady with a look of defeat on her face, walked into a grocery store. She approached the owner of the store in a most humble manner and asked if he would let her charge a few groceries. She softly explained that her husband was very ill and unable to work, they had seven children and they needed food.

John Longhouse, the grocer, scoffed at her and requested that she leave his store at once.

Visualizing the family needs, she said: “Please, sir! I will bring you the money just as soon as I can.”

John told her he could not give her credit, since she did not have a charge account at his store.

Standing beside the counter was a customer who overheard the conversation between the two. The customer walked forward and told the grocer that he would stand good for whatever she needed for her family. The grocer said in a very reluctant voice, “Do you have a grocery list?”

Louise replied, “Yes sir.” “O.K” he said, “put your grocery list on the scales and whatever your grocery list weighs, I will give you that amount in groceries.”

Louise, hesitated a moment with a bowed head, then she reached into her purse and took out a piece of paper and scribbled something on it. She then laid the piece of paper on the scale carefully with her head still bowed.

The eyes of the grocer and the customer showed amazement when the scales went down and stayed down. The grocer, staring at the scales, turned slowly to the customer and said begrudgingly, “I can’t believe it.”

The customer smiled and the grocer started putting the groceries on the other side of the scales. The scale did not balance so he continued to put more and more groceries on them until the scales would hold no more. The grocer stood there in utter disgust. Finally, he grabbed the piece of paper from the scales and looked at it with greater amazement.

It was not a grocery list, it was a prayer, which said: “Dear Lord, you know my needs and I am leaving this in your hands.”

The grocer gave her the groceries that he had gathered and stood in stunned silence.
Louise thanked him and left the store. The other customer handed a fifty-dollar bill to the grocer and said; “It was worth every penny of it. Only God Knows how much a prayer weighs.”
I don't think god likes that grocer.....i wonder what his next prayer will be---he will have to be careful.  thank you as always dalubaba.........om
Who would have the COMPASSION now a days to face this? Most people have signs and live on the streets. Others beg outside stores but who would have the mercy to go into a store and ask the grocer for something they need?
I know one time, I actually went inside a store,gave a copy of my drivers license, telephone number, address and any other information I could give to the grocer, because I just wanted a box of Mac and Cheese for dinner, enough to get through the day. Maybe a loaf of bread. Something, since I had no food in the house and no money to pay the bills. The grocer 'allowed' me to take one item. Said he could not give me any credit. I found something to get me through the night.
I went back and paid the grocer in about 5 days when I got my check. I hadn't had any other food since that day but too embarrassed to go back. (some friends went to the local food back to get me some food, I did not have a card)
Times are tough and during these times, compassion is something you have to look hard and sincere about.
You can search your heart, but your soul is the deciding point when it comes to compassion. Share it, it may help someone in need.
That was a fabulous story... one worth sharing with my family. Thanks for that MadMan.
I remember my 'lean days'.
With the budget I have now, I add up all my bills, see which ones I can pay and then see if there is any spending money left over for me!
Next month I made an appointment to get new contact lenses that I will have to pay some money out of pocket but got hit with an unexpected bill next month also. I panic when I get paid to see what I can afford for me. Pinch this months money to save up for next month and hope no surprises again but I am always prepared (mentally) for the worse.
If worse comes to worse, I can check myself in at the local hospital in the suicide section, telling them I can't afford to live anymore? JUST KIDDING! Maybe worth a though? JUST A BAD JOKE!
I am in a mean mood today. (I am entitled)...
Gosh, I'm sorry Dalubaba.... I knew it was from you but thanked MadMan.

I better clean my glasses. :(
I can totally relate you your money issues. These past few months have been horrible for me too. I don't have Dental Insurance and was hit with an abscess and 2 bad cavities. It cost me dearly. I then had to come up with out of pocket cost for the Psychologist who needs the first month payment up front. I already see a Psychiatrist but was told that I also needed a Psychologist if I were to continue a medication that I'm currently taking.

I hope by July that this financial hardship will be behind me. I sat at the kitchen table deciding which bills were more urgent...well, they were all important. UUUGGG.
MadMan, I'll check in with you!
So the two Psychs are brothers?
No need to feel sorry. Main thing is sharing. It is enough that you got the story. After  all our efforts are cooperative sharing. Themadman deserves many many thanks for his postings.Thank you for thanking me.
No but they should be...
Wow, you got hit with a surprise? Damned abscess! Sorry to hear it. Just when you think everything is OK!?
A few months ago, I am still recovering, Doctor recommended a spinal cord stimulator. I finally agreed, read up on the procedure, asked questions and figured I needed it. THEN I find out that I need to actually SEE a psychologist for testing in this procedure. I guess I have to be mentally stable or some such nonsense. I go for the testing and fi8nd out that I have to sit for 8 hours of testing. Now that was a lot of pain! I can't sit for more than 2 hours before my back and hip create pain for me. The testing was horrible, I had paperwork to fill out and had to take breaks every so often. The psychologist was nice enough to me and understood.
AFTER I got done with the testing, she tells me that she will bill me over $200.00 that my insurance does not cover! That really created anxiety for me. The psychologist agreed to take payments over the next couple of months.
I return to the doctors office after I passed the psychological evaluation, only to be told by the doctor that she 'doesn't think I am a candidate for this procedure'...??? The doctor went on to say, she 'doesn't think I need this spinal cord stimulator'????
What? First, she recommends it, I have to go for psychological testing, then a month later, she changes her mind and I still have to pay for the testing?
That really created doubt in my mind about the ability of this pain management doctor to treat? This doctor had NO PROBLEMS giving me morphine and refilled what ever I had on file.
That was the last time I saw that doctor and would be willing to report her if it were worth my time but I don't need to go into the anger stage right now.
Over the years, I have learned to borrow from Peter to pay Paul, and borrow from Paul to pay Peter. They have become very good friends of mine.
(I had to borrow money from my caregiver, to get by for the month)
Such is life, and I am not going to sweat it, it doesn't do me any good. The three things that follow us in life and death are taxes, more taxes and prescription payments. Glad I cut down on what medications I take now. I can't afford to have them refilled (My doctor understands and now most of my medications are covered by my insurance)
breezytoo commented on photo
breezytoo commented on photo
breezytoo Giving my resolutions some ... Comment