Living with Ankylosing Spodylitis
I am to the point I can't sleep because I can't find a position to lay without my back hurting worse. Any suggestions?
I can't use painkillers but I do take xanax and Ambien.  A lot of times it isn't enough to get past the pain, but I can get usually a few hrs. before the stabbing in my ribs and back, neck wakes me up.

Just an option-although thse two are very habit-forming.....
  I know this is kind of an old post but I wanted to ask you if you had tried muscle relaxers? My favorite is Soma, because I swear it works better than vicodin on pain for me anyway. These are not long term drugs but just take them when your pain is the worst. Also hot pads, cold packs, and lots and lots of pillows will help. Or maybe sleeping without a pillow! Everyone is different we just have to find what works for us. Good luck to you, I know it isn't easy. May you find something to help soon.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
drifter0213 commented on out of sight
magster123 is ... Comment
Mar 26
dominosarah commented on out of sight
Mar 24