278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Living with Ankylosing Spodylitis
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can read up on the latest information on chronic pain, tell your story, post any information you'd like to relay, or just come to simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post is heard, we always hear and respond...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage to cope with our pain from day to day! Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
746 members

Living with Ankylosing Spodylitis

I am to the point I can't sleep because I can't find a position to lay without my back hurting worse. Any suggestions?
I can't use painkillers but I do take xanax and Ambien.  A lot of times it isn't enough to get past the pain, but I can get usually a few hrs. before the stabbing in my ribs and back, neck wakes me up.

Just an option-although thse two are very habit-forming.....
  I know this is kind of an old post but I wanted to ask you if you had tried muscle relaxers? My favorite is Soma, because I swear it works better than vicodin on pain for me anyway. These are not long term drugs but just take them when your pain is the worst. Also hot pads, cold packs, and lots and lots of pillows will help. Or maybe sleeping without a pillow! Everyone is different we just have to find what works for us. Good luck to you, I know it isn't easy. May you find something to help soon.
TristenAsz commented on Why You Might Have A ...
Emily_MHModerator commented on Why You Might Have A ...
Cathiecats commented on Why You Might Have A ...