278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Love is blind
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
770 members

Love is blind

I am sharing a story which would be liked by every member.

There was a blind girl who hated herself just
because she’s blind.

She hated everyone, except her loving boyfriend.
He’s always there for her.

She said that if she could only see the world, she
would marry her boyfriend.

One day, someone donated a pair of eyes to her and
then she can see everything, including her boyfriend.

Her boyfriend asked her, “now that you can see the
world, will you marry me?”
The girl was shocked when she saw that her
boyfriend is blind too, and refused to marry him.

Her boyfriend walked away in tears, and later wrote
a letter to her saying.
“Just take care of my eyes dea
morning here dalubaba----close to bedtime for you i think?  I may write a new ending for the story---it is an interesting moral---and karmic puzzle isn't it? Anybody else online with us right now?
Your message to M on her friend's illness of stroke and dentia is superb. A lot to learn about life. Chonic pain couch is getting a good mentor, it seems. Here it is 7.30 PM. 3 hour's time to surf and some meditation.
I knew a blind women whom I worked with in medical transcription. She was very good at her job and because of that more responsibilities were put upon her and she did not like the role she had to play in her daily work. She also had an assisted dog who she brought to work every day but the dog could only sit there for 8 hours a day. She went through many dogs before learning that the animal needed attention in the 8 hours day (though animals are trained for this, they still need activity).
This lady became very bitter over the years because of her role placed upon her. She broke up her marriage, and over time, expected more out of her position and added that her disability was the reason she was being held back from advancing positions. She was given the latest equipment to work with and did her job very well but felt trapped, somewhat like the dog.
I see her now and again and she has retired, remarried but does not talk to anyone from the job. She no longer has the demanding pressures she one had and no longer has a dog. She is still bitter but happier now that she has a new life to explore. I wished her much happiness in her new life with a smile and received a smile in return.
It is difficult to adjust our self with blindness, deafness and specially when we have enjoyed this faculty for all the years. I understand if they are guided well and due importance is given they may acclimatize to the situation well.
I understand the condition when I lost my hearing ability in 1991. I use hearing aid which is not useful for  mechanical or electronic sound. So I have to cut down my activity in clubs and social work.I also eye issues, curtailing my activity. I use magnifying glass to read smaller character than this message. The internet is boon for me as I can pass my time in surfing. I am 82.My son and his wife is staying with me.As I have no dead line to meet, I enjoy , meditation, yoga and reading about them in website. That is why you see my posting in our group.  It appears you are a chronic poster. I read all your post.Yes, we continue our posting. I am at India.My daughter is in LA-an oncologist and my son-in-law is neurologist.I visited USA three time to meet my daughter's family.Thanks for your comment.
maybe instead of chronic (has negative connotations for me) dalubabaji--0-perhaps those who post often could be considered as "consistent--compassionate--responsive to others--informative---and dependable to be there when you are desiring nothing more than some kind of response to your post. I understand that in some circles "chronic" may be seen positively---just saying that for me----not a complimentary word. (and i know for sure that is never your intent--is farthest from your own compassionate-poster's mind. HA!)

om
Good morning,

I liked the blind girl story very much, we watch for what we wish for because in the end the wish is only part of the dream and once its fulfilled it disappoints us and then we must have a new wish...Unhappiness uses alot of excuses to keep its place in our life..

I am not concerned with how a poster here at MED is labeled, some times i am not compassionate, sometimes i am not informative, sometimes  i like hearing my own bell ringing and sometimes i give too much info which turns people off....I am happy with just being called a Member...

blessing and best wishes to all

M

reading over my last post i think maybe it is none of my business and i shouldn't butt in with my own judgement of the word--or-the matter at hand---so i apologize babaji and madman for that interruption------------------------------------------------i always feel like telling the Truth of my experience --e.g. the feel of the word-(let's see--who in H do i think I am to do that i wasn't asked)---but i am going to reconsider---is that the way!-----any ideas-- help--from the group?--
Do we "tell our truth" or remain silent. In this case--if madman was upset by it--he would have said so---why does Omhome jump in?     Man!  A bit upset with myself for that post i tell ya!    

little om  
Yes I have used a wrong adjective. Chronic has a connotation of negative meaning.It was good of you to point out the error.I am sure Themadman will not take it amiss as i have informed him that I have  read all his posts.
There should not be any misunderstanding between Gurubhais. Okay?
You jump, jump and jump again consistently.your jumping is sweet..
I never meant disrespect while using words like chronic poster. In fact it is written in appreciation of your continued participation in the group discussions.I do agree that it is normally used in negative sense.I do request you to ignore its so-called negative flavor. Thanks.
i know madman and i would never think you would be disrespecting of anyone----which is why i was upset with myself for "jumping" in un-necessarily.  Thank you dalubaba for forgiveness and of course there will never be a "misunderstanding" between you and I.  
Good Morning.
Point of respect well taken. Thank you for listening. Just an experience I had but I wish I could have offered something to the blind girl I worked with back then. She just got too much put on her plate and I think I felt sorry for her. Found out later, she was 'demanding' a better position due to the pressure she was put under. She never got it. Shame back then I couldn't have offered something more positive besides 'thank you'...
hello madman---and good evening dalubaba----so--here we are!    anybody else "live" right now?
Morning for me. Just had my coffee and posting already. Had a new treatment for my pain issues and could use some advise. (Botox) Getting treatment for my weak back muscle problems. Just had the shots yesterday and so far the doctor really seems to know what he is doing.
I read about increasing the Baclofen from BFB and working on that but I will admit the weird dreams I get from these muscle relaxers. Really weird. Don't want to post any stories about that. Just too weird but interesting.
Hope you are doing good and thanks for the positive notes, they MAKE MY DAY...
well now you got me wondering what are these really weird interesting dreams you are having----i am jealous---i want one!  
    I bet there are a few of us who are "chomping at the bit" (yeah i grew up in texas)  to interpret those babies! We can keep a secret madman----post away!

p.s.   no pain when entertained (mind entrained) by reading your stories!  C'mon now somebody else work on him! Stories--more stories---
om
You mentioned the you get weird  dreams when you are given muscle relaxant.  Whenever I have deep meditaion or new meditation, I get weird and sharp dreams.Many a time I tried to write down dreams to study the dreams' pattern to get some direction out of it. However, I failed to keep dreams' record. Now I will keep record on daily basis. This is a method to learn something about subconscious mind.You are a good narrator. You will be able to 'journalise' dreams and study the pattern. It is a very good idea.
Well, I can only say they are sexual in nature for some of them. Other dreams are about people I know that I haven't thought about in years. (I am and independent journalist and need to use discretion here.) Last night I had a dream about my x girlfriend and the child we had. We lived at opposite ends of the county and she would not let me see my child. (one problem is that my child was named NOME and was oriental in nature but neither one of the parents are oriental). I was fighting to see my child and I had the news media outside my apartment and they were asking all sort of questions. Like I said, really weird dreams. I have no children (that I know of).
How's that for starters...?
thanks madman---yes some dreams--some thoughts--are best kept to oneself!  So----clean up your act dude---have a few walt disney wonderland type family dreams---ya know?     I appreciate you being around madman----om
Some of the dreams I have had have been about the people in my past that I have not thought about in years. They are all gone now and I have put them at rest. I had to let go of the memories because of the destruction it was doing to me.
I am an independent journalist with 'correct training' on how and what to write and say. I am not into the sensationalism of today's journalism and write about the truths I find. I am mostly posting on veterans site who need all the support they can get.
Outside of that, I did keep a journal many years ago for interpenetration purposes. but it was destroying me to live in the past so much.
I am hoping to move on in my dreams to something more positive in nature. My dreams currently about about the people I have said goodbye to for the final time and the dreams make them come to life again. Although these dreams are disturbing, I know they are only dreams and when I return to sleep mode, I dream about the waves of the ocean (that I love so much) and that helps me move forward with a good nights sleep.
I am not a Disney freak but wonder if that will be my next adventure now that you mentioned it. I am sure that will creep into my subconscious somehow.
I could mention some of the 'sexual' escapades that I could create a reality show about. Now that would be interesting to say the least. Maybe I have something here. What a career move?
there is a trick to conscious dreaming we can use---try it out  madman--let me know what happens if anything---
   So you decide before sleep on an object such as an orange---or a lamp---or an animal --something likely to appear-----pick one and tell yourself when you see it in a dream you will recognize you are dreaming---while in the dream!!--really!
      And put pen and paper beside your bed so when you wake you write what you remember---this putting it by the bed sends a message to your unconscious---so----try it everybody--0-it leads to conscious-waking state.

om
All right, point well taken. A focus on what can be done. Thank you. Appreciate that guidance. Does that mean I can move on from the sexual nature of my dreams? (I am sure that has some hidden meaning that I don't want to know about right now, I have other 'issues' to deal with).
My sexual dreams are about partners in my past. My last wife showed up as clear as a reality could bring her. I said my final goodbye's to her 14 years ago, and we had a wonderful relationship. She always found a way to make people laugh even in her time of pain. She was a wonderful person in nature and created a world of laughter for people around her. I have very fond memories of her but had to move on and let her go because I could not let go of the past. I had to put her in the positive light I have always seen her in and have not thought about her since. The recent dream I had about her was a message about 'cleaning your house' (things that need to be taken care of) and I have done all that I know of. The rest of what needs to be taken care of surrounds the people around my life that I have no control of. I understood the message but have not seen her as clear as if she were still in my life in the present. The visual is what disturbed me. I don't think I can put that down on pen and paper.
Well at least I saw her like it was yesterday and although the dream got weird from there, her face was the one thing I remember and she wasn't sick in the dream. She looked at though I just met her. Wonderful memories back then. She created a wonderful world for me to move forward with. She helped me deal with the grief of the many losses I had experienced. She always found a way to make me smile about the past.
I am sorry for going on so much. Just a dream. Never know what tonight will bring but I will keep you posted and work on that reality show I mentioned.
I love having dreams that I can remember. If it is a good one, I try to lie in bed and think about it, so I can remember it! If I sit up quickly, the dream is gone?
The best dream I've had, was over 10 years ago.

In my dream I went to the bus station to pick up my grandparents (who died when I was a teen, I loved them very much).  I brought them to my home and introduced them to my husband and my children. We had a meal together and a really nice visit.

When I woke up, I couldn't believe how happy I felt, I didn't feel sad at all.
The visit felt so real. I was happy my grandparents came to meet my family :)

I try not to remember the bad dreams, but if my husband is mean to me in a dream, he is in trouble the next day.  Haha
Sue
I love reading your stories, so entertaining. But one thing about my dreams is I never remember them until I lay down to go to sleep, that's when I remember the dream from last night. Weird huh?
hey you guys try the "putting the pen and paper by the bedside" trick. It even stimulates more dreams or more remembrance of dreams----ahhhh good 'ol dreamin'.

om
Hew group, how about some help with the name of my reality show? I am looking for a career move here and after some of the dreams I have had lately, I think I could put Dr. Oz, Oprah and Dr. Phil on the run for ratings. Let's see should I call it...
The amazing world of The Mad Mans Dreams or Life with The Mad Man or something like Dreams Come True, It Can Happen To You?
After seeing all the crap that is on TV, it makes you wonder what will hit next?
We usually think that it is real while dreaming. we do not identify as a dream.If we visualize a specific symbol every night before sleeping  and if see this symbol in a dream,we will know that it is a dream and we will be witnessing the dream and we will be able to recall when we wake up in the morning. This was suggested by Osho, a spiritual teacher. I did try for some time. I was not successful. Now the subject has come up, I will try again.
you and i are sharing some inspiration from osho dalubaba!  Look a number of posts back and you will see i posted the same technique for lucid dreaming----several times we have been in sync as to time of post and subject of post.  
   Perhaps we arer just being "controlled" by cult-master Osho?    om
madman!  Shame on you trying to steal song lyrics for your show---caught ya.  
Who else knows the rest of the song?      MYoungAtHeart you have a hint---and as for the show---i want in!!        om
Thank you for your helpful information. Each night is a different wonder for me.I sometimes have dreams that are good and sometime sold dreams creep in but in reality I know they are only dreams. I have been on drug therapy in the past and the dreams were more vivid and scary but I had to remind myself that the drugs were creating this sensation. I actually had to put a small light in my bedroom so that when I wake up from those vivid dreams, I can recognize where I am and realize they were only dreams. That helped put me back on a reality level.
Knowing these dreams will pass and 'over analyzing' them will only create anxiety for me, I focus on the idea that I am glad they are not real and what ever they mean, I am sure I will find out in the future to come. If it is going to happen, there is not much I can do about it except to focus on the reality of what it. The rest is beyond my control. That is just my way of dealing with so many problems in my life and how to keep focused on the here and now. That's just me, but it does not mean your advise cannot apply to someone else.
You have a great focus on your life and I am glad to read you posts. I see that you have a strong following and I am glad for that. Anything to keep the mind focused and strong is what I believe in and you are the results of how it can be done. I congratulate you on a job well done for your reality. Keep 'em coming.
(I do apologize that I do not subscribe to this method but that is just me. I still read you posts in the event I can gain some incite to a higher understanding as you have reached).
I must be getting CRAZY here. The sounds of me doing Yoga going viral, now a reality shows about my dreams, I had better cut down on those drugs that I have been using, I am getting too much of an active imagination here. I can just see me trying to sell this stuff to executives and find that they are interested. That is even more scary than my dreams. What  thought?
the song lyric after "it can happen to you" is----
"if you're young at heart"    

anyone know any other lyrics to that song?
If I ever find the note to sing that song, my neighbor will pull out his gun to knock out the horror that is offending his ear. I know better than to start my morning off with a song! I'll just stick with the coffee and a quiet sunrise.
Thanks for your positive response. It is true that there are many methods to deal with our problems. Any method cannot be truly effective for everybody. Similarly priority is different for every body. Sometimes some method may not be effective for the same person. Your estimation about the method is completely justified.  Your observation, your judgment and your naration above board.
here we are again meeting in "space"------
and yes thank you for your posts madman---i am looking forward to them every morning-----beats the headlines.
Morning for us-------evening for dalubaba..........om
Osho was an inspiration to give an urge to explore the unexplainable. You have given courage to express and go deeper in the mystic subjects. Your sustained support to all the members is remarkable. I am sure our efforts will not go in vain. We are rewarded even a few person get some benefits out of our deliberations.
Have you ever read Kahil Gabran's 'A Tear and a Smile'? I remember reading this story and it was so true to form. Brought so many thoughts to mind but truths to live by. Just curious?
No,I have not read 'A Tear and a Smile'. I would love to read books. But now, because of eye problem,it is too tiring too read as I have to hold a magnifying glass in one hand and the book on the other hand.Recently I read a novel,Angels and Demons. It took me 6 days to complete the book of 600 pages. Any the plot of the novel was good. Features like spell check and magnifying text in computer make it convenient to surf website and to participate in chatting. I do not know what I will be doing if these features were not available or if computer was not invented! I think all old people like me must be blessing the inventors of computer and information technology. I realized the importance of cellular phone at the time of my wife's illness.Thanks.
I just recalled the name khalil JIbran. Yes i have heard about him and read few  probably poems or some translations from his books. His name is very popular all over the world. First I misread the name. Thanks for reminding the great author.
hey!  you guys get over to the morning meeting spot!
or else.
what?
i'll tell .
Kermit the Hermit Ask For Help Private Or Forum Comment
Aug 26
againnot commented on 1 more vent
Aug 26
KylieRMs_momma commented on KylieRMs_momma's status
Aug 25