278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Missing shortcuts on every page
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
766 members

Missing shortcuts on every page

I found it difficult to find forums . I visited suggestion forum and wrote a complain and read com plans of other members. After reading all postings, I could understand how to navigate Mh properly. Just to My medhelp and hover over it(do not click), you will get entry point for every sections. It is easy. My medhlp is last word on the Head line-before Logout.It appears that when the list of your communities is long, it was difficult to show on the shortcut. So this changes have been made.
Another information; You may see a symbol of an hour glass near some message. This symbol means that the posting is older than 6 months.So at a first glance we can know that the message is old one.I hope this info will be useful to members to navigate in MH.
The care and concern of a dedicated person who wants to improve what we all seek. To be heard and not ignored. To complain and not be blocked. To offer and not be criticized for what we offer. Thank you for your dedication. At least this is one smile that make me feel 'whole' again. I have been to 'other web sites' and received negative comments for what I offer as an individual. No one from the other site really believes how strong the mind is. I wish this web cite offered a drug profile that I could keep on line and print out each time i visit my doctor. I have mentioned this but received no comments.
Still, the comments I read here, get me though the day with energy and open incite for people who care and thank you all for listening.
what and where is this "other  web site" madman----i would like to visit.  om
There are many yoga websites-one recently I studied is anmolmehta.com. It gives every int about yoga. videos,articles, shared articles and everything free except certificate of training.So much reading material is available the the we need life to time read all available things.So If we can collect most important and useful material, we can stimulate members interest  in reading what we collect and what is available in the internet.
DON'T, it is not worth your time! Negative energy and complaining. That is not the way to live or wake up in the AM.. Coffee and positive energy works for me and I will stick with what works. I don't need to be drained when I wake up in the morning. Coffee only does so much but the rest of my morning energy I get from this web site so keep it going, it is keeping me going.
we could spend life-times and never read it all dalubaba---a good reason to keep coming back. While reading the pain recedes to the bkground sometimes----i love it!  Wake up--read--meditate etc.--cold shower---breath practice--walk---and the day is off to the best start!   omhome
Why not add skipping and clapping age old practice?
I have lot of time. My hobby is reading. I had started with man's problem.Right from school days, I got a hint that sexual energy can be converted into mental and mental energy to spiritual.I have a weakens of reading. Even now I read for 6 or 7 hours. As I cannot read books I surf and by chance if i get some thing i post it . I was planning to to make journal , entering all items I like. My main interest is yoga. I do core yoga regularly and add some new ones for some time. I keep on changing few of them. My son and his wife are with me. they do not have any child. they have stopped trying to get a child after repeated failures.I just do what i like. I feel that when i am reading so much why not give the benefit to others. I may change my reading pattern when e-books ares available. then I can read novels with reader.I am deaf. Hearing aids are not very effective. So I have lot of constraints. I have to resign form 5 clubs as I cannot participate in any discussion. I cannot understand electronic sound. I have toured a lot in my life. Now I almost hate it. Internet is a great boon. and my interest in mediation and holistic therapy is helping me to pass time. I am 82. I am reasonably healthy.I always thought that I will never need medication because of yoga...... However yoga is not a panacea. I have tried to prevent deafness and eye problem by yoga. My all siblings have these problem. they are genetic. sorry for such a long story. I think we will be only three members. I do not mind to be in this group. we had 16member group. we called it Saturday group as we used to meet on Saturday night. Now only 3 members have remained. one 76, i am 82 and third one must be 87. Now we meet once in 3 months.So I do not mind being a member of a group of three.Keep in touch.
I have given long, long long, biodata. My wife died in 2004.And you know in our culture, we do not have female friends. My son and daughter in law saty with me an take care of everything/ So read, read and read. what a semi bling and deaf person can do? In fact I knew that this will happen at an old age, as it is genetic. A call for dinner. Okay .
I  wanted my posts from the Pain Couch for my journal, it is always good to see if the posts I enter are signifying the positive progression of my mental health or if I am regressing to an earlier time where work is still needed...

I just took an hour and went through every post I could remember replying to and found 99 percent of what I was looking for.  Then I saw your posting about the missing shortcuts and it all made sense to me how it is saved here at MedHelp....

Thank you

M
I started to read before I went to school and it has served me very well
so far in this life.  As a child and now as an adult I have a tremendous
curiosity to know.....I think you will know what I mean about the curiosity.

I don't read to be better than anyone or to even give other people assistance.  I read because it satisfies something in me that is not satisfied by anything else.  

I had my right arm crushed by a machine in my factory....The workers had to take the machine apart to get me out and by the time I got to the hospital the doctor looked at me as he prepared to try to save my arm, my right arm that I need to draw, to take pictures, to hold on to ski poles, to tie my shoes, to hold my children, to hug a friend, to comfort the bereaved, and he said, " You will Probably Lose Your Arm".  I was already unconscious on the operating room table and he told me I sat straight up, looked him in the eye and said " Don't Bet Any Money On That" and laid back down again.  He said no one in his whole career had ever done that and he and the operating team just shook their heads.  

Today I still have my arm with all the movement and usage that was given to me at birth.  I never have a twinge or pain and have free health care for it because it happened at work but have never had to go back to the doctor once the surgery was performed.  

I cannot imagine not having my eyes or hearing and love reading how you are working around your difficulties.  I learn from you as in the past I have learned from wonderful books.

I like that you enjoy reading as much as you do and that you share things with us here at MedHelp.  I have tried to find some of the things you post but believe that our internets are a bit different and maybe categorized differently ....

Thank you so much

M
Yes our interests may be categorized differently. However things remaining common are reading and curiosity.I think I can call it to be genetic. I saw my mother at 80 or 85 reading old book with old and mangled spectacles. I saw my elder brother reading in the octogenarian range.we were six brother and two sisters.we were reader, curious but never genius.we were all mediocre but some of our children did wonders.And that was our luck.
Remaining intact after a grievous accident may be attributed  to will power or having a destiny to learn or to share what you know.
I surfed for hand mudra. Mudra means a posture or a stance in a dance. You will see number of websites on hand mudra. Each finger represents elements like fire, water, earth, wind and space.
In our profile or home page, the word posts is mentioned. By clicking it you will find all your post at one place. you can print it without any problem.You need not have to edit what you have posted from different pages. Reply to your post also can be printed from the same page.
Many Many Thanks.
I was sorry to read that your wife passed in 04....My condolences to you.  You say that in your culture you do not be friends with women...I am unfamiliar with your culture, but if a man does want to get remarried how is that arranged if he does not have women friends....

I have always had a great interest in the people of India and the country itself.  I was presented with a trip to India by a  Peace Corp member in the US that did alot of charity work in the 1970's.  I had to turn down the trip as I had 2 babies and no husband to help with their care...

Do you think that we maintain an interest with places we have lived in during other incarnations or do you think that this life is just what we have and do not return as energy to continue in other forms....

Just some questions Sir, I do hope not to cause any thoughts or discussions that you are uncomfortable with....

Thank you so much

M
let me just say yes to your ? about incarnations.
edgar cayce has quite a bit of info on that and makes an interesting read whether you believe him or not.   sorry to butt in.   om
Marriage in old age is not usual in India. It may disturb chillers' life' I personally feel that adjustment in younger age is possible but not in old age. It will tale lot of efforts to align the interest.
Yes I believe in incarnation. Many examples young persons showing extraordinary talent show that they must have learned them in their past lives.Believing in incarnation helps us to lead  a disciplined life. I have heard that a neurologist who was under coma for 7 days, writes a book  'proof of heaven' This is recent book.If is fiercely debated. Of course we cannot have any categorical statement about this subject. quite interesting discussion.
The first time I heard about incarnations was in a TV special about the Dalai Lama, and did not even then accept it fully until investigation and good searching and reading from opposing and unopposing opinions through the years.  I played a video on YouTube Sunday narrated by Ram Dass which set my thought gears into process.  He says that he thinks that everyone that you are aligned with in this incarnation is people you have chosen to be with from your last incarnation.  If you have problems he goes on to explain, it is because of Karma and the need to solve those problems before you move on to the next incarnation.  Now my little brain
is on fire, new thoughts on childhood, and now adulthood have me excited to discover how all this can be....and how do you know if you are moving forward or just staying and spinning in one place.  I must investigate this more....and just one more comment Dalubaba, if i knew you in a past incarnation and now met you here at your age of 80, I wonder how you can meet the person when they are younger next time, say at your age of 60 or 50.....Highly interesting, but maybe not even valid theory....

Thank you

M

I will look up Edward Cayce on Google and let you know what I think. I have not heard of him but thank you so much for the info.....

M
i think it is edgar    not edward------interesting story---the sleeping prophet?
Have a wonder-filled day M      om
It is also said that you do not take birth immediately after your death. You may be in hibernation for hundreds of years.After death there is dimension of time.Another funny aspect suggested- before birth you decide where to take birth. you decide the womb.plan of your life is prepared by expert. Another marvel-(i just forgot what I wanted to say). Yes, in a book soul healing, a patient of Adult attention Deficiency disorder(AADD) was treated by hypnosis. The patent was regressed to his past life and he found the cause of his problem and he was cured of his problems.By hypnosis one can regress to past life and find out the cause of the current problem. I did ask my acquaintance who is hypnotist as well. Our plan never materialized. My son is on meds. He is responding well with the meds. I think the book proof of heaven by a neurologist will give more information which can be used in daily life or understand mediation and other occult episodes.
nursegirl6572 commented on Trying not to panic
Mollyrae commented on Why You Might Have A ...
Kikster24 commented on Why You Might Have A ...
Jul 24