278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Need Knowledgable friends right now
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
775 members

Need Knowledgable friends right now

Please friend me if you are Knowledgable about Methadone,or if u just want a friend:-)       going through a very confused time right now...been spending 4 hrs a day researching this stuff.
Hi, I have been taking methadone for years for chronic severe pain due to a herniated thorasic disc and fibromyalgia. What exactly do you want to know? The things I know about it are as follows: it is inexpensive compared to the newer drugs for pain like oxycontin, seems to work ok but you do build up a tolerance for it as with any other pain med, it is conceivably the hardest one to withdraw from or quit taking due to its longer half-life ( the amount of time it takes your body to eliminate it) and just like most other drugs can have side effects. I have realized that it is hard on my teeth,they are a mess and sometimes if taken on an empty stomach can cause nausea. You shouldn't drive after taking it and I know you can be cited if you are taking it and get in a wreck or stopped for any reason. I don't know what the dosage limit is as far as driving or operating machinery is, I'm pretty sure in Az. they changed the law after someone hit a car full of young girls after they had just left a methadone clinic. They use methadone for people with addictions as a step to get clean but also prescribe it for pain,probably not as common. Hope this answers some of your questions, if you have anything specific I might be able to help you with just let me know. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Tired55
I'm not sure if I'm too late in responding but I thought I should share my experience. I was put on methadone for chronic pain. I was on it a couple of months and really didn't seem any better. Then one friday afternoon my husband came home because he couldn't get me on the phone. I was totally out of my mind. I was seeing and hearing awful things. I was terrified. He wanted to take me to the hospital but I was very hostal and refused to go. What followed was the most terrifing weekend of my life. Late Sunday night I was a little better. Monday morning my husband called my doctor to see what to do. My dr was fruious! He told him it was a miricle I didn't die and if anything like that ever happened again to call for an ambulance. He said my body had not been obsorbing it like it should then wham all at once it did and through me into a methadone overdose. I hear it works for millions of people, just keep in mind it can be dangerous.
dominosarah commented on photo
24 mins ago
dominosarah commented on photo
29 mins ago
clean_in_ks commented on photo
44 mins ago