A Brain Exercise You Can Do Right Now

This is an exercise that can strengthen neural connections and even create new ones.

Switch the hand you are using to control the computer mouse. Use the hand you normally do NOT use.

What do you notice?

Is it harder to be precise and accurate with your motions?

Do you feel like you did when you were first learning to tie your shoelaces?

If you are feeling uncomfortable and awkward don’t worry, your brain is learning a new skill.

Try other neural building and strengthening exercises with everyday movements. Use your opposite hand to brush your teeth, dial the phone or operate the TV remote.
Flip-Flop. Flip is what we do an activity in a routine way. Flop means doing things differently. Any activity done differently will brighten the brain even in elderly person. For more details Google Neurobics. One can do any physical exercise mentally. this will also help in freshening our brain.
I like the name Neurobics.  And it works with thoughts too! Swami Sivananda taught that positive always overcomes negative and if you can just "Switch" the negative thought for a positive one----or flip-flop and turn it to the opposite. This is usually a switch from the worry-wart anxious left-brain to the more relaxed and calm right-brain. So left to right hand ---left to right brain----all encompassed in the practice of "Switch"  Yep---ya just switch it!
     Switch that thought train to another track.
     Switch shallow unconscious breathing to full relaxed-focused breath.
     Switch being mean to being Nice.
     Switch It.

I am a photographer and use the switching many times during my shooting.  I am always really impressed by my new Switch photos and have incorporated some of them into my actual daily photography...I love the feeling of the neurals popping and activating when I do switching...I first used this when I had carpal tunnel surgery and had my arms, first the right and then the left in casts for 6 weeks....

You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
dominosarah commented on five years
atthebeach commented on five years
jugglin commented on five years