278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Neuromascular taping
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
780 members

Neuromascular taping

I am posting this information, thinking that it may help  to reduce chronic pain by intramuscular taping.

Neuromuscular taping is a method based on the body self-healing technique and is used daily in every PT practice out in every physical therapy practice. It is a method and an “essential” skill  used in sports medicine as well as in neurological, orthopedic, trauma and post-operative treatments. It comes in very handy in managing the pediatric populations as well. It is an easily mastered method, it requires minimal investment and it delivers fast results. The latex-free elastic tape can be applied very quickly and can remain in that position for several days (3-5 days); it can easily be removed and is suitable for any patient, irrespective of age and type of injury/disease.

Kinesiotaping alleviates pain and stimulates lymph flow by microscopically lifting the skin, thereby reducing the pressure and increasing the flow. The tape enables wrinkling of the skin which increases the interspace, resulting in a reduction of pressure and irritation of sensory mechanoreceptors. In this way, the “message” is altered and the pain is reduced or disappears altogether.

Neuromuscular taping involves taping around the course of the muscle or directly along the muscle with the aim of offering support to the muscle or preventing its excessive contraction. The first technique enables the therapist to actively support the muscle during the entire range of movement while the patient enjoys total engagement in physical activities with a functional support throughout the day. The second technique, however, helps prevent overuse or excessive contraction (cramping, increased muscle tone) of the muscle; in addition, it stimulates lymph flow throughout the 24-hour period.
I saw some demos on you tube and plan to talk to my pt guy about it. I did order a tape kite.  Couldn't hurt anything to try...

Thanks for the information
thank you dalubaba---any and all info that can possibly help is so welcome.
like motown said---can't hurt.
Do give me your feed back as I am trying to contact the physio who had given details in the newspaper. I may consult her.I am trying to find her address.
By oversight, I have mentioned intramuscular taping, in stead of neuron-muscular taping in the first para of my original posting. Thanks.
This method can be adopted by Chinese meridian experts or acupressure experts.
I used my tape for the first time last night!  Could be placebo but woke up this AM without painful pins and needles in my fingers didnt do much for shoulders, arms, or neck but it is a start.lol I might have to use more tape or adjust the positions but it shows promise.  Hope everyone is having a Happy New Years Day!
Happy new year to you. For taping, i think you may need the help of a physiotherapist. He can point out the place which triggers the pain. Or you may study acupressure and meridiann literature. This will give correct info.Or the company who is mareting tapes, can give you the guide line. I have yet to meet the person who gave this news.
breezytoo I'm good. Comment
breezytoo commented on breezytoo's status
Oct 24
specialmom commented on Scared now...Not sure...
Oct 24