278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Occipital Neuralgia & TMJ + Myofacial Pain Disorder
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
766 members

Hi all, I am new to this forum and haven't quite found my way around, so any help would be good help.
My story... I am 47 and have had headaches since a teenager. (30 yrs), I think due to a few horse riding accidents.  16 years ago I had a car accident and I think this made my headaches worse. I have chronic pain 24/7 and have finally been diagnosed with ON and TMJ + Myofacial Pain Disorder. My (new) doctor has prescribed Neurontin and Rivotril which I take as well as Ibuprofen + codeine. I have had cortisone injections with anesthetic which didn't help at all. :+(
I am starting to feel rather desperate as it is so hard to function each day. The Neurontin just takes me to 'zombie land' so I can only take it at night now. Has anyone else experienced these problems and what have you done to get relief?
Any advice would be wonderful as I' at a loss as to what to do next. I was wondering about seeing an Osteopath for cranial massage?
Thanks in advance,
Shrub0563
"Incredible as it seems, my life is based on a true story' :+)
Did anyone ever mention Trigeminal Neuralgia to you? Just curious as they seem to be somewhat overlapping in symptoms, especially in the Atypical TN area. Check out some posts on the TN forum, as there is much on facial pain. Maybe there is something about cranial massage there also among other remedies.
Good luck.
Hi there,

No Trigeminal Neuralgia hasn't been mentioned but I have read a little about it. I'll do more research in that area and I will check out the TN forum and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the advice. :+)

Shrub0563
nursegirl6572 commented on Trying not to panic
1 hr ago
Mollyrae commented on Why You Might Have A ...
Kikster24 commented on Why You Might Have A ...