Occipital Neuralgia & TMJ + Myofacial Pain Disorder
Hi all, I am new to this forum and haven't quite found my way around, so any help would be good help.
My story... I am 47 and have had headaches since a teenager. (30 yrs), I think due to a few horse riding accidents.  16 years ago I had a car accident and I think this made my headaches worse. I have chronic pain 24/7 and have finally been diagnosed with ON and TMJ + Myofacial Pain Disorder. My (new) doctor has prescribed Neurontin and Rivotril which I take as well as Ibuprofen + codeine. I have had cortisone injections with anesthetic which didn't help at all. :+(
I am starting to feel rather desperate as it is so hard to function each day. The Neurontin just takes me to 'zombie land' so I can only take it at night now. Has anyone else experienced these problems and what have you done to get relief?
Any advice would be wonderful as I' at a loss as to what to do next. I was wondering about seeing an Osteopath for cranial massage?
Thanks in advance,
Shrub0563
"Incredible as it seems, my life is based on a true story' :+)
Did anyone ever mention Trigeminal Neuralgia to you? Just curious as they seem to be somewhat overlapping in symptoms, especially in the Atypical TN area. Check out some posts on the TN forum, as there is much on facial pain. Maybe there is something about cranial massage there also among other remedies.
Good luck.
Hi there,

No Trigeminal Neuralgia hasn't been mentioned but I have read a little about it. I'll do more research in that area and I will check out the TN forum and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the advice. :+)

Shrub0563
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Derekcarter commented on Derealization and Dep...
Nov 30
specialmom commented on KTowne's status
Nov 30
specialmom commented on MY cuz
Nov 30