278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Preparation before thinking and writing.
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
768 members

Myoungatheart had mentioned in her last post, that she clears her mind before she writes anything or to anybody.This gave me the idea to concentrate on this Hakini mudra. It is from yoga. One need not learn yoga from ABC. when one want to use one or two technique to solve one or two problem.I share it.It is as under:

What is the Hakini Mudra

The Hakini Mudra in Yoga can be described as a gesture in which you need to join the tips of the five fingers on your right hand, with those of the left. It is said that this mudra, which is named after the God Hakini, helps boost thinking and concentration. It is believed that this gesture is linked to the Third-Eye Chakra, where your imagination and intuition are located.
Steps

The Hakini Mudra can be easily practiced anytime and anywhere, by just about anyone, as it is quite easy. Given below are the steps of Hakini mudra -

Hold your hands up in front of you, so that your palms face each other, but do not touch.
    Bring the fingertips of your right hand towards the fingertips of your left hand so that they are touching each other.
    Move your gaze upwards
    Inhale while you place your tongue against the roof of your mouth
    Exhale while allowing your tongue to relax

Practice these steps several times. The hakini mudra is useful when you have forgotten something momentarily and wish to recollect it.
Benefits

Practicing hakini mudra on a regular basis helps an individual in the following ways,

Improvement in concentration and memory
    Promotion of coordination between the left and right hemispheres of the brain
    Creation of a sense of calmness, which opens the mind to clearer thinking

There are no known side effects associated with the Hakini Mudra.
I tried to do this mudra while reading an article in a website. It is easy. After some practice one can do this mudre to take the advantage of increased concentration. First practice and then try while reading.
the joke at the ashram for this mudra is-------.>>>
you make the mudra and then lift just the palms up---fingers still touching---and then put back together---up and down--up and down--etc.
and think "spider doing push-ups on a mirror"!----
a 5 leg spider---poor little thing!

hello dalubaba---and post in if you are there madman--good morning everybody else

let us make a good day of it this saturn day!
it is up to us
getchur cold shower
getchur walk or slow movement
do your breathing practice
smile smile smile
yes yes yes

om
they teach this mudra to politicians and business people who have to give talks---and many find that it works to calm and center whenever the need arises.  Interestingly if you bring all your fingers together--palms together--it becomes the common "prayer" mudra!   thank you dalubaba   om
Yes I remember to advise a speaker to align their finger tips while speaking. It keeps them confident. I did not correlate it with hakini mudra.Pranam mudra or namaskar mudre is claimed to be most effective of all mudreas..This is mentioned in the book. It is just mentioned in one line and they have not given any explanation -why it is the best.There are 55 mudras. Except 5   or 6 all mudras are therapeutiv mudra. I had studied it long back.This subject is ignored totally by yoga teacher i have met or i have attended their classes. I just read in one wevsite. that there is a cluster mudra which you can in your pant pockets. Touching tip of each finger with the thumb-one by one.So lots of thing going on.
I need to laugh, I found yesterday on the Youtube exactly what you posted here yesterday......This is just wonderful......The messages from the universe are always available to us all......

Thank you very much

M
I am really happy to know about this coincidence. It is a doube coincidence. You had mentioned in you past post about clearing your mind. This triggered the chain of thoughts and culminated in your seeing in you tube.I read your post and omhom's post. I did Hakini Mudra. I got some clue and posted it. I hope Omhome will like it.
Something else also popped up.You and your higher self live simultaneously HS is at higher level(different dimension) living with realized full potential. In time of difficulty, make quantum jump reach its level and ask for the solution. your higher self will give correct answer. I had got this from some website. By this method, I did get my mantra-chant.
I heard a video yesterday by Ram Dass who was asked how to forgive someone....The man asking the question said he had bad thoughts on his parents who had since passed on and wanted to fix his thinking process.
Ram Dass replied that his guru told him that is because we are still thinking of them in ego/human form when in fact after death the soul is pure and full of love and we need to stop thinking of them in their ego form and just think of them in the clear love form....That was a powerful message for me.  He also said that because of very stong ego in most cases we will not be able to understand this until we ourselves pass on to soul land.

Thank you so much

M
In Reiki class, we were asked to forgive people whom you have met in your life. we had to do it mentally for 10 minutes.First I thought that this exercise is useless as i have no animosity with any one.After I started forgiving some one  and by and by I got so many people to forgive and got forgiven that I was astonished.When the exercise was finished we all feel so light. To forgive and asked to be forgiven is great relief and quite blissful experience.In our jain religion we do spiritual practice for 7 days and on 8th day we ask forgiveness and give forgiveness. It was ritual I did just as a duty. However when the above exercise was done, I realized the importance of to forgive , to ask forgiveness and forget .
I had copied a spiritual poem which I paste here.
As we live for Christ and follow Him,
The way may seem quite steep;
But if we trust His grace and strength,
Our steps He will guide and keep.

God always gives enough strength for the next step.

He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength.
ISAIAH 40:29

Submitted by: Ian  A GREAT SOURCE OF ENCOURAGEMENT

I just read your comments dated April 13th, Dalubaba. I just tried the
Hakini Mudra about five minutes ago following it step by step as you
suggested. I found it a very interesting exercise of sorts. You say the
hakini mudra is useful when you're trying to remember something
you've forgotten. I'll have to try it the next time that happens.
Thank you.  Eve :)
while you are experimenting eve you can try this:
make hakini mudra and then slowly with awareness bring palms together and then fingers together (slow-motion) to form "prayer hands"---i use a lot of mudras in my classes and people love it and always ask for more!
As an aside----0-my spiritual name is  damudra         om shanti
forgot to add----base of thumbs press gently at heart chakra.
Eyes closed and looking upwards---no strain----to third eye--inner sky!
om
Da-mudra. I tried to figure-out how to remember your name. I could not figure our DA  and Mudre-;quite surprising! I got a small booklet from a friend. I studied and practiced all of then. I think one can teach mudra and meditation to students. gyan mudre and pran mufra are for insomnia. One can do one mudra with one hand ane the other mudra with other hand.  .
Gyan mudra can be done for a long time. It was suggested you can ties down in mudra pose and bind it with a rubber band and you may sleep with the Gyan mudra. I used velchrome band to tied down my fingers. Howwever , I did it for a few days. Now I amy try again.Study of mudra is quite interesting. In a subarb of Bombay there is one woman who teaches and consults on mudra. I had read her book. then I fot few other books as well. About .com have a collection of 36 mudra. I found one mistake. I suggested to Lila and she manged to correct it.Minimum time for therapeutic mudra is 15minutes. So one can do mudra with meditation.
there is no minimum time for mudra---mantra----meditation.
For some folks it will take longer----some more quickly.
Experiment for yourself and see.    om
Yes I know about the power of forgiveness even though I have just been introduced to it.....and I have not always used it......There seems in a lot of cases a deep and abiding love for anger and nonforgiveness.  We hug it close to ourselves and smile at the power it has to give us energy and a false sense of power....We think that we mask it well with our face but I have alway been able to see the angry man in the crowd, most likely because he mimics the unforgiveness in my own heart...  In the 70's during the race riots here in the US, there was a group of people who would go to the scenes of violence and death and they would stand in a group and pray for the victims, light candles and sing....I would follow this group in the newspaper and add my own prayers and songs even if I could not be there.

This is a wonderful life and every day we wake up we have 24 hours to either stay the same or try to make some changes that are positive to our heart and soul.....Some days my wheel in the little hamster cage just spins and spins and then some days the light shines through the clouds and illuminates that which needs changing...It depends on where my attention is and most days I try to keep it on the light....

Thict Nhat Hanh has an excellent book and YouTube video that describes that the anger is like a baby that needs care and love.  When the baby screams and cries, you go to your baby and take care of it with loving kindness.  Once I started hugging my baby anger, she has quieted down but she always will need care....

Thank you for your post on this......I really enjoyed it

M
hi eve:  the hakini mudra also balances left and right brain functions and activities--the yin and yang---male -female etc.  it centers.
You can also try bringing your attention to the energy you can feel between the finger pads.... just notice the tactile sensation of that. Very absorbing and calming.
You can then see the energy change when you make "prayer hands".
There is so much to explore and experiment with.
damudra  (omhome)
I wonder whether your friends, call you Damu, in your childhood as a pet name. Just a thought.I had planned to learn more about mudra . Now I will devote more efforts to go deeper in the subject. I did try many difficult mudra. If you find some good website, do inform me.
I asked my higher Self how to bring HAkIni on top. Higher Self did give me an indication. I think now this thread will come on top.Am I right? Let us see!
nursegirl6572 commented on JGF25's status
1 hr ago
againnot commented on Feeling sad desperate...
Kikster24 commented on Why You Might Have A ...
Jul 30