278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Saying hello
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
774 members

Saying hello

Hi everyone. I'm still here.  Sorry not around much--hard time...other stuff...pain bad.

How are you all.  I also had issue with computer so it kept me off here for a while.  

Im trying to catch up now.

Yes yes yes.  Hi cindee and i was just wondering about you but knew you would be with us when ya could. So glad to hear from you and i just saw this and will be back soon. Stuff to do.    omglad
sorry about the pain cindee-------and i know it is hard to practice any of the techniques we talk about. Have you been doing any of that?  If not just start with one thing and do it for like 2 to 3 minutes.. really.,..sometimes 5 minutes is a long time as we pain-sufferers know. Then slowly increase the time.  So post back with what you are doing ok cindee and then we can go from there and getcha some relief.  yes we will  oh yes    yes we will   oh yeah
omhome
WOW Cindee.... It's been a long time since we've chatted. NICE to see you still around!!

Molly
come back to the couch cindee---you will come back to the couch---back to the couch----to the couch-----yes the couch-------couch------
we all miss you cindee and if my hypnotic spell didn't work then maybe a little Love waitin' here for you will spark some motivation-----
ok? say hi cindee----omhome is worried............

om
"""come back to the couch cindee---you will come back to the couch---back to the couch----to the couch-----yes the couch-------couch------
ok? say hi cindee----omhome is worried............ """""

Funny !! :)
Hi I am here, I will post a new question.  I have been just really down and feeling worse so I haven't been active.

Also, I am kind of ashamed to say this but I sometimes feel that everyone is getting help and solutions and drs. help but I am getting worse.....so I feel like what is wrong that I can't get better, am I some kind of freak?  I know it's crazy but I think that sometimes....sorry all, I love you all and want everyone to feel better....

I am going to post a something cuz I do have some questions maybe someone can advise...
Don't feel bad, I too at times have felt that others get the good care and I end up with the Cruddy Doctors..UUGG

hang in there....were here for you!
Cindee, I read about your pain issues and wish I could come up with some 'reasonable' answers but I see one thing that seems to trigger everything else, the autoimmune disease. Is there a specialist you can see for this? This sounds like something that triggers everything else. If you can find someone who understands this autoimmune disease, you might be able to take some medication to slow down the progression is these symptoms.
There are doctors out there that do address these issues, I have met some of them. Understanding this field has come a long way and doctors who specialize in this field PAY ATTENTION to the issue at hand and not the symptoms.
Check out this field and I really hope you can get someone who really treats these issues. Keep us posted.
Hi madman thanks for replying.  I have been, over the years, to 5 rheumatologists (the autoimmune people) and they have not done much for me.  If you don't have something in the blood tests, they say that it's not autoimmune or they're not sure (there is a form that actually my sister h as of RA that took 5 years to show up in her blood tests).  The shots for this cost about 1,000 each and the insurance didn't want to pay even though that one doctor wanted to try it.

So I went for other opinions and then was told it was just my back and neck chronic pain and depression.

I do have a new lady rheumy that I waited months for an appointment, it is in July.  Hopefully, she will see the swelling and rashes and maybe find something or order new tests....

I just have had no luck with doctors....
I am not sure why a rheumatologist? Arthritis is one thing to treat but unless you have RA I am not sure what a rhematology doctor will do?
The rheumatology doctor I went to get treatment for, will not treat me anymore because I wrote her up for poor treatment. Since then, I have tried arthritis drugs but they don't do enough for me so I stopped them.
What medications help you with your pain?
Let me do some research and I will get back to you.
Check out this website.
AARDA.
Type that into your search engine and read what they say. It may help focus on your issues.
I cannot tolwrate any narcotic pain meds, even the patches,  I have tried the anti inflammatories and aspirin like drugs--nothing works.  

I take many meds for blood pressure, hypothyroidism, anxiety and an anti depressant.

The most helpful med is Ambien for sleep, but it only lasts a few hrs. then the pain wakes me up.  I have pain 24/7 never ends.

I use Tylenol, but it does nothing....

The rheumatologist is supposed to check for any disease that causes inflammation.   I have so much swelling and redness and my legs and feet swell up and my left arm.  I often suspect Lyme disease -- we used to camp a lot....I think my problems are a combination of things and I need a doctor to put it together--

Thank you and I wil look at the web site.
Have you tried any of the OTC pain patches? Or even maybe a Lidocaine patch?

Because I don't take opiates, what has and is working for me is a drug called Cymbalta. It's an antidepressant but also works on the pain itself. It's worth a shot.

I also have the Lidocaine cream that works wonders on the painful areas of my back. It's a prescription but easily obtained.
cindee:  hi there.  You are not the only one that is not getting help and keeps getting worse. It  feels like that sometimes to me. So you are normal in how you feel hon.
   Hey!  Post that question you had.  HAve an ok day if you can cindee. or even a pretty good one. Who knows. Could happen!!!!]
om
I use the lidocane patches but they work over a 12 hour period and I would like to know more about the lidocane cream. Tell me more so I can ask my doctor, please.
yeah me too. Know more. Lidocaine cream. Might help cindee?
Om.
nursegirl6572 commented on Derealization and Dep...
Sep 18
Lev1Fagan commented on Derealization and Dep...
Sep 18
nursegirl6572 "Patience is the calm accep... Comment
Sep 16