278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Searching Om
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can read up on the latest information on chronic pain, tell your story, post any information you'd like to relay, or just come to simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post is heard, we always hear and respond...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage to cope with our pain from day to day! Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
747 members

Searching Om

I have searched "The chronic Pain Couch"( user group) page. I am posting this message so that you know that the group is functioning. However there are old messages. It seems that posters do not get quick response to their messages.
Quick remedy for pain can acupressure, acupuncture and of course usual medical care.Analgesic drugs are quite toxic. So some therapy is needed to elevate the threshold of pain. Yoga may be one of the holistic therapy.Taking NSAID(non steroidal analgesic drugs?) for mild pain as a routine, makes you dependent on the drug and your intake of such drugs cause you lot of side effect. Hence concentrating on holistic therapy is quite beneficial.
Thank you.  I can't do yoga it kills my back--all the twisting.  I also cannot take pain meds or NSAIDs.  I am in constant pain.  I had epidurals. patches, accupuncture, counseling, anti deprtessants.

I have multiple medical problems--see my profile...pretty much bedridden.   I have sitting disability and arthritis and DDD all over.   I am only 56.

Any other ideas?  Thanks, I know it's hard to believe.  But I feel like some kind of freak cuz nothing helps. except sleeping, which I don't get much due to pain.
Very sorry to learn your condition.Anybody having problem like yours will be depressed.Yoga is really good but it is not a panacea which can solve all the problems of all the people. Have you done hydrotherapy.It is water therapy.If you have any naturo-path in your area, you may take some treatment from them. Google chair Tie Chi. You may find some exercise you can do.They suggest acupressure point as well. Another therapy you can try is clapping your hands in any rhythm you like..This helps in blood and energy circulation. You can also meditate on your breathing. Just breath normally and concentrate on your nostril,and getting aware of your breath.This relaxed concentration may help you to bypass sensation of pain.You may give me feed back.I am not a professional healer. I am interested in holistic therapy and do read on the subject. In spite of fading vision, I read 4 to 5 hours a day. If I find anything good for you, I shall contact you. In the meanwhile, I will incude you in my Reiki prayers.Thanks.
specialmom, and nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status
specialmom Little League Opening Day!... Comment
nursegirl6572 HAAPY EASTER to my MH famil... Comment