278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Something to ponder
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
770 members

Something to ponder

View of krishnamoorty is explained by Anmol Mehta. To be free from desire in a positive manner is a challenging job.

Mastering Life, Mastering Desire Analysis

1. Selfishness to Love:

One of the key points Krishnamurti is making above is the movement of desire from egotistical and self-obsessive to loving and all inclusive. Essentially he is asserting that it is the diminishing of constant self-interest, which ordinary desire is saturated with, accomplished through the act of awareness and discernment, which leads to a life full of joy, love and clarity.  

So as much as possible refrain from falling prey and feeding desires that are exclusively self promoting and instead nurture a holistic view of humanity and be compassionate, loving and peaceful.

2. Constant Self Awareness:

To bring about this great change and master your life, you need to be constantly watching the movement of your mind and the ceaseless activity of desire from moment to moment.  This is the way forward.  Such observation diminishes the grasp which the egotistical mind has over you and frees you from the constant pattern of self-concern.  

This demand is indeed great, for the mind is not easily watched and understanding the motivation behind all you do, think and feel is not trivial.  But we are speaking of the highest goal of humanity here, so it ought not to be easy.  Rise to the challenge, you have what it takes to go all the way.

3. Be Fearless:

As Krishnamurti points out, the mastery of desire and subsequent mastery of life begins with being fearless.  Being afraid leads to constant escaping from the present and escaping is a self-isolating, ego strengthening activity.  In order for desire to move towards love, such endless self-concern has to wither away.  Fear promotes the endless search for self-security, while fearlessness allows you to move in a different direction altogether.    

Fearlessness allows you to stand apart and examine what is happening dispassionately and impersonally, without needing to seek comfort or security.  This examining, inquiring, watching is what leads to the understanding of desire and "what is".  Not trying to change "what is" into what "should be", as per the goals and ideals put forth by the fearful mind, is the key to finding your True Self.  This state of witnessing and observation, leads to intelligence and opens the door to the beyond.
i am sure you know---but---You Tube has some good krishnamurti films very worth checking out---and then the links can lead you----where?---who knows?
I have a big constrain. I can't hear a video. My hearing aid are useless for videos or mike sounds. So I do not attend any lectures. I cannot hear TV as well. So I sometime see a thriller where you do not need to hear any dialogues to understand stories.This problem is since last 20years.
As I have eye problem,(AMD). I may lose my vision any time. Doctors also cannot predict. So my last resort will be only mediation to pass my time.
and what a wonderful "last resort" like a beach resort in Bali! No more distractions---resting--abiding---in pure Being Dalubaba----you have earned this reward gurubai. Well-earned.    

om
I cannot use Headphone as I require very high volume to hear through headphone which can damage my ears. Hence I cannot use CD for guided mediation. So many road blocks.Waiting for advance in research to solve my problem. So I try to learn to be happy without doing anything- Preparing for future contingencies.
When i was a child i read all i could about Helen Keller, the little girl who was both blind and deaf and who along with her teacher, anne sullivan,
pioneered the treatments for those who suffer from blindness and deafness.  i was enthralled by both annes and helens story and their spunk and their faith and their love for one another and other people who suffer from a terrible malady that before them had not been successfully treated.

at 7 i got a book from the library and began to learn braille, gliding my little finger tips across the raised dots in the instruction books enabled me to really get into the book, the story, and that was a well loved lesson.  Because i was a child, then i became interested in morse code and started practicing that with small rocks and ting ting tongs of noise for the alphabet.

There are now more braille books published then ever before.  If you would like a short list of them while you still have sight, I would gather some from the internet and forward them to you.

M
Yes I did think braille to be one of the option. However, learning at this stage and getting proficient to read is an uphill task.And fining book in that script may be more difficult. Easiest option to structure time will be mediation. I am 82.So not much of time is left.So it would not be a problem.
You are an all rounder. Yes it is true learning can be made interesting if you desire. I did treated my boredom of traveling and waiting for doctors (i was a medical representative) in their waiting halls with meditation. In fact I was know as MMR(meditating medical representative in some area.Revising what ever I have read is also an option.Time has come when I have to take life lightly as if playing a game.I believe, I have done my duty to my kith and kin.So all is well.
we are all "playing" the game---the lila!
Ya done good dalubaba---enjoy your rewards.
om
Kermit the Hermit One good thing about music,... Comment
ivgirl In constant prayer Comment
ivgirl commented on ivgirl's status