278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Stopping Butrans
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
770 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Stopping Butrans

I tried Butrans for a month at the recommendation of my pain management dr. He put me on the lowest dose and them told me to take hydrodocone or Ultram for breakthrough pain. After taking twice the dose of hydrocodone and getting NO relief, I read up and found that it blocks codiene. So I would take Ultram but it still seemed to take twice as much. I was only prescribed 1 month at a time and when I called for a refill, the pharmacy said his office said it was too soon, so I decided to just quit taking it. I have been trying to decrease Trazodone(100)  and Ambien (10) for insomnia because I was told that is too much. I have been having withdrawal type symptoms from that and don't know if I can take added stress of withdrawal from Butrans. Any advice on stopping the butrans?