278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Suffering 24 hours a day-So Sad
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
779 members

Suffering 24 hours a day-So Sad

I am suffering - I was hit by a car and I have had 4 stomach surgeries and I need to find a pain doctor to manage my pain in Missouri - if there is anyone that is in Missouri and can help or not in the state but has an idea about how to find a good pain doctor - that just does not want to put needles in my back, it does not work.  I was hurt 15 years ago and it has only gotten worse.  Plz. help if you have any advise.  Thank you for at least listening.  This is a great group to help people like me that need support, there are many nights I am up and in pain and have no one to listen. MOmom02
I feel so bad for you.  I have back/neck/spine issues and arthritis, DDD and lots of other health issues.  I know what it is to be in 24/7 pain and not be able to move without agony.  You are way too young for this.

I have been going in circles with the drs. and the shots for a long time.  I know it's horrible.  I have files  and files of records and tests.  I have actually been told *live with it*

What I am trying now is to find a dr. who can refer me to a dr. in  a large city or a hospital.  i don't know if it will help.

I will pray for you....let me know how you are doing.  I know how it is to be alone also.  Nobody wants to hear about it or talk--but they are the healthy ones.

I'm here all the time--vent  to me all you want.
I live in another state, and it really seems bad in other states, my aunt lives on the border of Oregon and Washington, and BOTH those states treat her like a criminal, for just needing ANY pain relief, even with horrible MRI'S! I think I have been fortunate, or maybe because my surgeries were in the mid 90's and the documentation of having epidurals, (never worked), and all the treatments I was willing to subject myself to. I saw my file, and all through it, it says I was co-operative, and have never showed any signs of abusing drugs, (Narcotics), and I really believe it may have been the reason I have never had bad experiences like a lot of you. Not to imply YOU were abusing ANYTHING...just that the doctors noted it on every chart I have had since the surgeries. I think you HAVE to find a compassionate and empathetic Doctor. The obvious problem is HOW TO DO THIS! I know that a lot of doctors post their beliefs on there website, and they freely say if they are against ANY drugs, especially opiates to ever treat ANY pain. I have seen these websites, but you have to do research. I was looking for someone else, after they had a horrible accusatory appointment. Maybe you could do some research, otherwise, it could get awfully expensive, finding out, AFTER the appointment the Dr's views! Just a suggestion, I know NOTHING about Missoui! (I DO know it is the SHOW ME state, that is about it) I wish you the best of luck, I have noticed the older the doctor, the more reasonable they have been,,,just MY experience.
breezytoo commented on im tired
breezytoo commented on hi
specialmom commented on Piparskeggr's status