Superbrain yoga
I am reading yoga literature since many decades. The technique I am sharing is new to me. It seems it is based on acupressure, yoga, and yog-mudra and taoist yoga.It is as under;
1. Stand facing the sunrise. Remove any jewelry.

2. Hold your right earlobe with the index finger and thumb of your left hand. Make sure that the thumb is facing away from you.

3. Hold your left earlobe with the index finger and thumb of your right hand. Once again, make sure that your thumb is facing away from you.

4. Continue to hold your lobes as you press your tongue to the roof of your mouth.

5. Inhale through your nose, and slowly lower yourself into a squatting position.

6. Hold your breath. Do not exhale until you start making your way back up to a standing position. Continue holding your lobes and sticking your tongue to the roof of your mouth.

7. Repeat this 14 more times for a total of 15 times. You may not notice a change immediately, but after a few weeks of regular practice, you should notice that your concentration has improved.
It does look like punishing a child or the posting is done as a joke. I see some co-relation with each step. Holding your ear lobe is accupressure technique, sating is ment to circulate energy in a microcosmic orbit( governing and functional channel) touching the palate is a kherch (yogic mudra) This should prove a good work out.I am not sure about breathing pattern. I think Omhome can throw some light on breathing pattern.
I hope members would not mind my more number of postings.
for god's sake keep posting dalubaba----and i wish others would follow your example and find and then share what they have found with the group (there is a "group" still right you guys?) or at least with me and i so appreciate it.
     And dalubaba---i think you can discover for yourself a breathing pattern to use as you practice and pay attention. For me the body likes to inhale anytime it expands or stretches up or out.  And any folding over or contracting or going down---my body likes to let go and exhale. Now---that's just me. You can discover-uncover your own pattern! Be creative.    Add Love---                    
          Omhome  
let me add-------Never Ever Never strain to hold your breath----just let it relax naturally after the inhale! yep the inhale! (for a moment no strain) and then at the bottom after exhale just pause.  Notice-focus on the pauses and after a little practice of that focus on the "space" between the breaths there is a wonderful refreshing moment for you! Really. Try it for a while. Some notice that "space" right away.   More later    practice!    Post!   om
Yes I could solve the dilemma of breathing.I start with a squat.Breath in while getting up, breath out while coming down.We can circulate our consciousness from perineum to crown of the head along bearing in and while breathing out we circular our conciseness back to perineum  via mid line one surface of the body. This completes microcosmic orbit.This circulation, most important part of the exercise is beneficial to the vitality or the body.Circulation of awareness over the microcosmic orbit is as good as circulating Kundalini shakti according to Taoist yoga.
Hi Dalubaba I keep trying to do Yoga I am just lazy at times and have to motivate myself ...I do pretty well at breathing through my nose and I find that helps in a stressed moment.
Squatting it self is a stand-alone exercise done (with or without dumbbells)Addition of proper breathing, touching roof of the mouth with tongue-tip, pressing ear-lobes adds zest to our mood and mind. Research has shown increase of I.Q with this in children.
Thats interesting Dalubaba I am doing that now as my morning exercise ..
now: after some practice with noticing that space  between the breaths (that pause as the breath turns and goes the other way) you can then start bringing your focus to the "space" between the thoughts! It is very quick and subtle but there is a pause between one thought and the next----kind of like the good old train of thoughts with a space between the cars!  Play around with that and see then if you can expand the time between the thoughts. See what is this place like.  
    Always the attitude with these practices is one of play not work---playground and not a workplace>  See!           Om
Yes, I am also exercising twice or thrice a day. I also do swaiso from 400 to 500 swings. It is easy, can be done anytime and anywhere(even in a bathroom). You may visit, superbrain yoga website. You will find interesting reading.
witnessing gap between breaths as well as thoughts is a progressive step in witnessing breath.It is also interesting to watch the breath turning up near navel.This will be easier in a lotus posture or simple cross-legged position.
I am contemplating to write -13 formulas to make life happy.I will meditate on one formula the whole day and write it in the evening. I will request memmers to comment or add suggestions. In 13 days we will have ample material shared among our members and other member of MH. As Marypops has taken interest in this group, I am sure, there will be many visitors in this page.Otherwise I was to write in a separate journal.I hope the reading material will be appropriate for chronic pain couch!
How do you find this exercise. I find it easier doing 15 to 20 squats. Even when i am suffering from severe cold, I could do with out breathlessness. I have visited websites of plain Squatting exercises. There are lots of benefits even with plain squatting. I think there is nothing to lose while doing the exercise..
man!! what is with all this squatting you guys? My knees don't like it one bit. Maybe in the pool but you might attract a bit of attention with the earlobe stuff! I think i am lazy. Just breathing is enough for me. More power and prana to you.   omhome
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Chefs Tired of hurting. Tired of ... Comment
specialmom commented on Saw the babies again ...
Jul 27
ChitChatNine commented on ChitChatNine's status
Jul 15