278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Thanks omhome for llink to progressive relacation
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
770 members

http://www.med.umich.edu/painresearch/patients/Relaxation.pdf
I think you were suggesting publishing something like this booklet.Progressive relaxation and Imaginary- two subjects are discussed.They are really good.Anyone reading it 5 times and practicing it simultaneously will be master in relaxation.
there is scope of some improvement in three aspects of exercises. Breath; After tensing, take deep breath and then exhale and relax.This can be chanted to Deep Breath and tensing should be simultaneous,Hold and exhale ane relax simultaneously..Second; Tightening fist::In the fist, thumb should be kept inside the fist,keeping fingers on thrum.Acupressure point on fingers will be stimulated.The booklet has not clarified about thumb.Third point I forgett
I think this link should be pasted in forum of anxiety with above suggestion( if you like) with a remark that if this exercise -progressive relaxation, 60 % of the posters would solve their problem without drugs. they will be in a fix as they cold not not criticize as it is published by MH. and the exercise is really well presented.I am sure it will solve problem of many tense or anxious persons. One book name Q.R (Quieting refles) published in sixties, was exactly similar.If one is expert on progressive reaxation, he can relax the whole body in one ehalation and inhalation, tensing and relaxing all muscles at a time. This is the right time and method to deal with anxiety forum..
The book name Q.R quieting Reflex by Charles F M.D is almost same. It calls it six seconds meditation which should be done at the spot when you feel tense. You can do it 50 or 60 times a day. Eventually you will relax automatically in case you become tense.
Very interesting Dalubaba....I will look up QR book and Charles F MD.

There is also many many videos on YouTube with the relaxation theme and working hand in hand with the QR book might just be the great way to do this....

Thank you very much

M
there is even more than that---i only shared one of the multitude of possibilities that are found when you google "relaxation response"---even harvard gets into the act~    Have a joy filled day friends.  om
I have given few suggestion in my first posting on the website you have suggested. One of them is smile and exhale and relax. Smiling relaxes number of facial muscles. and the spread of smiling energy throughout our body.
dalubaba----i can send you more links for you to share with your other groups and friends if you like?   Omhome
I have got to mention something about a smile.
In my days events when I am out and about, I like to watch people down by the beach. I see a lot of people with their families and a few people who brave the beach water alone with a book or some activity I wish I could do. I watch them and as they see I am watching, I get a smile from them. Don't know why they want to smile at me, I look like a starker watching them. Then when I realize they are smiling at me, suddenly I get a surge of energy and I find myself smiling back. Just a reflex but what a feeling happens. I realize I am recognized with a smile and not in a negative way. When I catch myself returning the smile, I find that suddenly it is a good 'feeling'!!!
I can't explain it, only to say that it makes for a good 'feeling' and I like it!!!!
If that is the best I can do in my days events, the rest of the day is 'gravy on my mashed potatoes' and nothing is going to me 'feel bad' because I love 'gravy on my mashed potatoes' !!~!!
Your post brought back a memory to me that I am going to share here.

I was giving a motivational speech in NewYorkCity a few years ago and before I speak I like to just sit in the square or park and watch the people and then to immerse myself in the normalty of most people and then go do my speech.  I smile at people, including the children and the pets who may be with them, sometimes engaging in Hello or Hi or " it is a beautiful day".  I had my 30 minutes in the sun and then went to the hall and started my speech.  I also included in my speech how I relax with the park setting and the light conversation with the passerbys....

20 people stood around after my speech and told me they saw me in the park and thought I was a mental patient who was let out for the day.  They told me that a person who is smiling at the air like it looked like I was doing is to be avoided at all cost...And some told me they smile back so that the mentally ill person is not put off and attack them.....

I have to laugh at this memory of myself in that park and how every occassion can be a learning process....I do still smile at people but it is during a shared time like if the group is already gathered rather then just sitting alone under a tree or a park bench...

Thank you MadMan....

M
I am surprised at you M! You mustn't let what those "negative nabobs" think about someone smiling in the park keep you from bringing some "positive power to the nabobs". (whatever a nabob is). We will change the world with our smiles----make them contagious ---smile smile smile.
    And Yes----at strangers. (there really are no strangers) Strange?
    Love overcomes fear.
    Just sayin'.

omhome
Gravy on meshed potatoes- is a good definition of Love.
When my Homeopath asked me what food do you like the best. I immediately told him Potato with a big smile.Now I can associate, you, with gravy, meshed potato and Love.
Amazing...
I was just on another web site and it reminded me of a story I experienced from a friend that I was taking care of at the time. My friend had cancer and was at home on oxygen but was saturated by too much oxygen and passed out. I called the paramedics and here is what happened...
(now mind you that I forgot to tell my friend the questions the paramedics would ask to check his mental status...)
The EMS team arrived and as my friend came to, the EMS team asked him...
Who is the president?
What day of the week is it?
Do you know where you are?

My friend responded...
If you don't know who the president is and don't know what day of the week it is, and can't figure out where you are, WHY ARE YOU HERE TREATING ME?

Oh, the laughter I remember.
Thanks madman---i have to remember this in case i ever am "tested" with such questions.  Omhome
hey group---we have this link somewhere but i thought the site was worthy of a new look---more exploration of the links to any sound ya want. Fill the bedroom up with ocean waves or jungle birds or----?
follow the yellow brick Links offered.  pretty cool---omhome

Share This Page    
Site:
www.collegeofsoundhealing.co.uk
The College of Sound Healing Web Site

i googled soundsofhealing and got some different interesting choices----check it out.   this stuff really works. I wonder why more people do not use sound for  healing . For example:

The best known use of sound in Taoist practice appears to be the Six Healing Sounds, also known as the Six-Syllable Secret or the Six Basic Soundless Sounds for Health. Kenneth Cohen says the practice is attributed to a six-century Buddhist hermit. Craig Reid quotes a fifth century description of the system by a famous physician, Tao Hung-jing (perhaps the same as Cohen's hermit?):

One should take air in through the nose and let it out slowly through the mouth... There is one way of drawing breath in and six ways of expelling breath out. The six ways of expelling breath are represented by the syllables hsü, her, hoo, sss, chway, shee. The six ways of exhalation can cure illness: to expel heat, one uses chway; to expel cold, one uses hoo; to relieve tension, use shee; to release anger, use her; to display malaise, use hsü; and to regain equilibrium, use sss.

The benefits described are thus more physical than spiritual per se, but to the extent that the Taoist tradition values balance and physical health, they could perhaps be considered a foundational practice for Taoist students. In comparison to Indian yoga techniques, the six healing sounds could be said to be more similar to pranayama than to mantra.

In addition to the benefits listed previously, each sound is associated with an organ (sometimes more than one) and with a phase from the Five Phases system of Chinese metaphysics. Ni Hua-Ching states: "Each of the six vibrations has a psychic influence on its corresponding organ sphere which prompts the expulsion of impurities from the sphere and its manifestations, and the gathering of fresh energy into each system."

I just got a post from omhome, that his computer crashed and he will not be able to post for a few days.
We were both having a problem with our internet service and I actually had to have a technician come out to the house to replace my modem. Just for informational purposes.
omhome's heart is still there but his computer is not?
You have unearthed a treasure of sound. Yes, in yoga also there are Bij Mantra (Seed Mantra) and color for each chakra, which are as under

Root chakra  OM LAM   Red
Sex chakrs   Om Vam  orange
Manipur chadrs Om Ram yellow
Heart chkra      OM Yam Green
Throat Chakrs   Om Ham  Blue
Forehead Chakra Om HUM SHam
Crown Cahkra  ON        Violet.
This can be effective even if they are chanted mentally. In fact mental chanting is more powerful.
IN Taoist YOga, Dr. Yudelove has given the following sound for the organs in his book.
Lungs s-s-s-s-s-
Heart w-w-w-w-w-w
Liver h-h-h-h-h-
Pancreas O-o-o-
Kidney Chu way-chu-way
Triple warmer eeeeeeeeeeeeee
If we get CD for these sound it can be easily used by members if they want.
Myoungatheart has Tibetian Chant by Lama Tasha. He got grammy award for this chant few years back.
Thanks for new info.
Yes, his computer is heartless at least for the time being.As long as you and your computer with a new modem are there, there is no worry for the group. Two days back, my account with MH crashed, giving text in a single column. This continues almost for two hours. My all other webs were ok.Next day when I started my computer, MH became OK. So lot of crashes coincidently..
specialmom commented on melimeli's status
nursegirl6572 commented on 10356's status
nursegirl6572 "You accepted less because ... Comment
Aug 20