278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Thanks omhome for llink to progressive relacation
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
770 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Thanks omhome for llink to progressive relacation

http://www.med.umich.edu/painresearch/patients/Relaxation.pdf
I think you were suggesting publishing something like this booklet.Progressive relaxation and Imaginary- two subjects are discussed.They are really good.Anyone reading it 5 times and practicing it simultaneously will be master in relaxation.
there is scope of some improvement in three aspects of exercises. Breath; After tensing, take deep breath and then exhale and relax.This can be chanted to Deep Breath and tensing should be simultaneous,Hold and exhale ane relax simultaneously..Second; Tightening fist::In the fist, thumb should be kept inside the fist,keeping fingers on thrum.Acupressure point on fingers will be stimulated.The booklet has not clarified about thumb.Third point I forgett
I think this link should be pasted in forum of anxiety with above suggestion( if you like) with a remark that if this exercise -progressive relaxation, 60 % of the posters would solve their problem without drugs. they will be in a fix as they cold not not criticize as it is published by MH. and the exercise is really well presented.I am sure it will solve problem of many tense or anxious persons. One book name Q.R (Quieting refles) published in sixties, was exactly similar.If one is expert on progressive reaxation, he can relax the whole body in one ehalation and inhalation, tensing and relaxing all muscles at a time. This is the right time and method to deal with anxiety forum..
16 Comments
Blank
139792_tn?1299416777
The book name Q.R quieting Reflex by Charles F M.D is almost same. It calls it six seconds meditation which should be done at the spot when you feel tense. You can do it 50 or 60 times a day. Eventually you will relax automatically in case you become tense.
Blank
4190741_tn?1370181432
Very interesting Dalubaba....I will look up QR book and Charles F MD.

There is also many many videos on YouTube with the relaxation theme and working hand in hand with the QR book might just be the great way to do this....

Thank you very much

M
Blank
there is even more than that---i only shared one of the multitude of possibilities that are found when you google "relaxation response"---even harvard gets into the act~    Have a joy filled day friends.  om
Blank
139792_tn?1299416777
I have given few suggestion in my first posting on the website you have suggested. One of them is smile and exhale and relax. Smiling relaxes number of facial muscles. and the spread of smiling energy throughout our body.
Blank
dalubaba----i can send you more links for you to share with your other groups and friends if you like?   Omhome
Blank
3112530_tn?1342559764
I have got to mention something about a smile.
In my days events when I am out and about, I like to watch people down by the beach. I see a lot of people with their families and a few people who brave the beach water alone with a book or some activity I wish I could do. I watch them and as they see I am watching, I get a smile from them. Don't know why they want to smile at me, I look like a starker watching them. Then when I realize they are smiling at me, suddenly I get a surge of energy and I find myself smiling back. Just a reflex but what a feeling happens. I realize I am recognized with a smile and not in a negative way. When I catch myself returning the smile, I find that suddenly it is a good 'feeling'!!!
I can't explain it, only to say that it makes for a good 'feeling' and I like it!!!!
If that is the best I can do in my days events, the rest of the day is 'gravy on my mashed potatoes' and nothing is going to me 'feel bad' because I love 'gravy on my mashed potatoes' !!~!!
Blank
4190741_tn?1370181432
Your post brought back a memory to me that I am going to share here.

I was giving a motivational speech in NewYorkCity a few years ago and before I speak I like to just sit in the square or park and watch the people and then to immerse myself in the normalty of most people and then go do my speech.  I smile at people, including the children and the pets who may be with them, sometimes engaging in Hello or Hi or " it is a beautiful day".  I had my 30 minutes in the sun and then went to the hall and started my speech.  I also included in my speech how I relax with the park setting and the light conversation with the passerbys....

20 people stood around after my speech and told me they saw me in the park and thought I was a mental patient who was let out for the day.  They told me that a person who is smiling at the air like it looked like I was doing is to be avoided at all cost...And some told me they smile back so that the mentally ill person is not put off and attack them.....

I have to laugh at this memory of myself in that park and how every occassion can be a learning process....I do still smile at people but it is during a shared time like if the group is already gathered rather then just sitting alone under a tree or a park bench...

Thank you MadMan....

M
Blank
I am surprised at you M! You mustn't let what those "negative nabobs" think about someone smiling in the park keep you from bringing some "positive power to the nabobs". (whatever a nabob is). We will change the world with our smiles----make them contagious ---smile smile smile.
    And Yes----at strangers. (there really are no strangers) Strange?
    Love overcomes fear.
    Just sayin'.

omhome
Blank
139792_tn?1299416777
Gravy on meshed potatoes- is a good definition of Love.
When my Homeopath asked me what food do you like the best. I immediately told him Potato with a big smile.Now I can associate, you, with gravy, meshed potato and Love.
Blank
3112530_tn?1342559764
Amazing...
I was just on another web site and it reminded me of a story I experienced from a friend that I was taking care of at the time. My friend had cancer and was at home on oxygen but was saturated by too much oxygen and passed out. I called the paramedics and here is what happened...
(now mind you that I forgot to tell my friend the questions the paramedics would ask to check his mental status...)
The EMS team arrived and as my friend came to, the EMS team asked him...
Who is the president?
What day of the week is it?
Do you know where you are?

My friend responded...
If you don't know who the president is and don't know what day of the week it is, and can't figure out where you are, WHY ARE YOU HERE TREATING ME?

Oh, the laughter I remember.
Blank
Thanks madman---i have to remember this in case i ever am "tested" with such questions.  Omhome
Blank
hey group---we have this link somewhere but i thought the site was worthy of a new look---more exploration of the links to any sound ya want. Fill the bedroom up with ocean waves or jungle birds or----?
follow the yellow brick Links offered.  pretty cool---omhome