Waging the tail to Calm Heart Fire
This  exercise addresses the emotions connected to the heart.  These emotions are - not unexpectedly - those of joy and love.  However, there is a dark side to the heart emotions.  Joy may turn into an overly excited state that results in agitation, nervousness, and hamster-on- the-wheel type of thinking called "monkey mind" by the Chinese.  Signs of continued heart related negative emotions are insomnia, heart palpitations, and poor long-term memory.

Wagging the Tail to Calm Heart Fire:

Sit comfortably with your feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart, back fully supported by the back of your chair.
    Breathe in and out through your nose slowly and thoughtfully for 6 to twelve breaths.
    Place your hands on the upper part of your thighs closest to your hips, thumbs pointing backwards.
    Breathe in through your nose then lean over your thighs as you breathe out through your mouth.
    Swing your torso to the left over your left thigh while breathing in and out through your nose naturally.
    Swing back to the center and then on to the right over your right thigh.
    Continue swinging back and forth from left to right and right to left for about 6 to 12 repetitions.
    Return to the upright position and breathe slowly in and out through your nose for the same number of times as indicated in step #2.
This is a Chair Tai Chi technique.Waging a tail bone is an important move. It vibrates with breathing. This will be a good exercise for calming heart if we can learn vibrating tail bone with breathing.
I had read about the importance of vibration of tail bone. subconsciously, i was searching a good exercise for the tail bone.While experimenting with this exercise, I find that vibrating tail bone will be easier with this exercise. This will also compress ascending and descending colon, improving the function or colon.OM Babu, do try this exercise and give your opinion.
i will give it a try dalubaba for the next several days and let you know my experience---and i really like the things you are finding to share with the group omhome
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
LiliaMC is devastated by last night... Comment
May 25
LiliaMC commented on Clifford47's status
May 24
specialmom commented on MH Community Mgr's status
May 23