278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Waging the tail to Calm Heart Fire
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
784 members

Waging the tail to Calm Heart Fire

This  exercise addresses the emotions connected to the heart.  These emotions are - not unexpectedly - those of joy and love.  However, there is a dark side to the heart emotions.  Joy may turn into an overly excited state that results in agitation, nervousness, and hamster-on- the-wheel type of thinking called "monkey mind" by the Chinese.  Signs of continued heart related negative emotions are insomnia, heart palpitations, and poor long-term memory.

Wagging the Tail to Calm Heart Fire:

Sit comfortably with your feet flat on the floor, shoulder-width apart, back fully supported by the back of your chair.
    Breathe in and out through your nose slowly and thoughtfully for 6 to twelve breaths.
    Place your hands on the upper part of your thighs closest to your hips, thumbs pointing backwards.
    Breathe in through your nose then lean over your thighs as you breathe out through your mouth.
    Swing your torso to the left over your left thigh while breathing in and out through your nose naturally.
    Swing back to the center and then on to the right over your right thigh.
    Continue swinging back and forth from left to right and right to left for about 6 to 12 repetitions.
    Return to the upright position and breathe slowly in and out through your nose for the same number of times as indicated in step #2.
This is a Chair Tai Chi technique.Waging a tail bone is an important move. It vibrates with breathing. This will be a good exercise for calming heart if we can learn vibrating tail bone with breathing.
I had read about the importance of vibration of tail bone. subconsciously, i was searching a good exercise for the tail bone.While experimenting with this exercise, I find that vibrating tail bone will be easier with this exercise. This will also compress ascending and descending colon, improving the function or colon.OM Babu, do try this exercise and give your opinion.
i will give it a try dalubaba for the next several days and let you know my experience---and i really like the things you are finding to share with the group omhome
LaceyAmber13 joined this group
Welcome them!
breezytoo commented on Jade59's status
breezytoo Happy Thanksgiving to every... Comment