278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Want a thread dedicated to spiritual discussion?
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
768 members

Would you like to help us develop and grow a thread dedicated to the spiritual practices we do for the relief and release of the pain and anxiety we experience. Some research---some study---some practice. Share what works for you or that you have read about and we can all try it! We hope to stay close and post every day--even just to say hi. OK?  Dalubaba---MyYoungAtHeart--Omhome
we are talking about with or without the use of medications--how to deal with the pain---how to deal with opiates! If you have a post you love you can copy and post it here.  We will collect any and all things we can and gather them to this one place. You know---keep it organized and handy? HA!  I love you pain-friends---please help us develop and experiment and create this Spirit--Quilt (for comfort) out of so many threads!  Looking forward to it!  omhome
For example here is a visualization technique from Dalubaba that works on the same principle as some cancer treatment visualizations that picture pac--man gobbling up the cancer cells (remember pac-man?)----
   " Concentrate  on pain. See it getting converted into an Ice-cube. See the ice cube getting melted into water and disappear. The pain should disappear along with the ice cube. One can convert pain into any object which can dissolve, disappear or destroyed. Visualizing destruction of the visualized object should relief pain if visualization is intense."-------------------------------------------- And to make that visualization intense practice of the breathing--focusing--concentrating--meditating techniques are indispensable. This is one practical application of yoga tools and we will continue with many more interesting---entertaining--pain-relieving "tricks-of-the-trade". Oh yes yes yes.     omhome
here is a start for some breathing focus (soooo relaxing and invigorating!) and imagination---some of our group (mia lately) have done this practice and had pretty quick very positive results.  Believe me it really--no really---works "if ya work it!"  
     k   so inhale-refresh. Any position(back straight) is fine just do it when you remember but every morning for sure. The feeling-state or your mental state (i call it inner weather) during refresh is like this===when we said the word "beach" to our lab there was instant JOY---tail going whole body excited happy happy dog---or the feeling of a child night before or morning of christmas---or you before the trip to bora bora!!That feeling! Imagine it! Really. imagination is powerful. The mind can believe it. Like placebo effect.  Or conditioning.  If you like add a word or image (or both) to help. So maybe say the word refresh (or beach) as you inhale and feel sunshiney. The more you practice this (tailor it to you) the more effective and reliable it becomes. At first just pretend you feel the refreshment. What can you lose.  
      Now don't hold or force your breath---just relaxed but full inhale---primary nutrient!! Elixir.  I know it sounds weird or hokey or?  but is bases on scientific principles.    Give it a try and see.   There is yet more to it than that but first  just            Ok enough from me for a while---ok now---somebody else's turn. I already post too much you know? MyYoungAtHeart---i understand what you were saying about thinking you post too much now. I get it.  Oh well.    Omhome
It is true that Om home and myoungat heart are quite active and have shared their wisdom. Sharing should be two-way traffic.If there is a response even by an acknowledgement of the message, it will create a vibrant group
thank you dalubaba for trying to help me but i am tired of waiting for others to join and help develop a responsive and inspirational group---consistent---positive. Well ---you and youngatheart have been so helpful but i think i am wasting a lot of energy and time doing this----again with no response or encouragement.
     So! You have the posts that are already there and you can carry on just fine i am sure.  All Two of You!  Blessings to you and my other pain--friends---all my love     omhome
I know that you are so much attached to the group, you will not be able to resist coming again to see how the group faring.If I find something good for pain i will post that technique. I may not be able to console people as you do...Positive attitude is on going process. It seems that chronic pain kills this positive attitude and lose all hope.Losing hope seems to be the reason for their hesitancy.
About Balasa, I remembered, In Hindi, or sanskrit, it fetus is cold Garbh and Balasan is known as Garbhasan.This is just for your information. My cold shower is continuing. I think, I have got an effective  holistic technique after a long time.I shall continue throughout my life if no problem is encountered with this therapy. Hydro therapy as a whole without any side effects. If patients with chronic pain adopt this habit, I think their pain will be reduced. In hydro therapy, they put wet cloths on the body part which is in pain.Different type of baths are prescribed.Once I was treated with a fore head bath. Water is pored on fore head for 10 minutes. You keep lying on a plank, keeping head on the edge of a plank so that water can flow from the fore head to the bucket kept near the head. That day I felt very calm like a good meditation. Sorry I could not describe it well. wish we meet again.
i will likely move on to another place where someone--anyone other than a scant few care about actually "Doing" something not just asking questions and reading etc. but not Doing! Amazing but follows the general asleep population. If we do not wake them up our mother nature will suffer more degradatiion of water--air--soin---animals--trees---Get  It  ?
   Dalubaba it is interesting that we emphasize the use of two Primary Forces in Nature---Water and Air (prana)---and the nurture of Spirit thru yoga and spirit practice (again Doing-Action). Simple and works-- The thread is in good hands with you my friend--gurubai--yes yes yes    om
Gurubhai OmHome,
I understand your agony and frustration specially when people do not use their potential and  disregard the unselfish efforts of others.At least we have satisfaction that we have done our duty,Thanks for the reply.
Hello Friends,

It is early morning and I have an hour free to just read and reflect on posts from Dalubaba and OmHome.  

I too got really frustrated when no one ever acknowledged any posts or help they might have gotten from all my wisdom I am trying to share.
I felt like putting all my marbles in my pocket and going home with them, never to share again, never to be aware again, never to be ignored again....and then I started laughing.....Boy oh boy am I something else....
And just who the heck do I think I am anyway.....????

I am just another fellow traveler here, trying to do my best and my best certainly has no special talents in how to read or predict the future.  When I read or reply to a post, I am doing so from my heart, those are seeds you see in my heart, and the seeds are in the form of words and attitude that sometimes fall on fertile ground and sometimes fall on stoney ground.  I cannot predict how my words will reverberate in the future, not even in the future of a few seconds from now, but if I am only posting to receive good feelings from those I say I am trying to share life experiences with and then get upset with the same people who might not recognize the supreme beauty of my words, then I have a big problem.....

I need to remember only a few things here in this life and today I was reminded of this during meditation....

I go for refuge in the Buddha.
I go for refuge in the Dharma.
I go for refuge in the Sangha.

The Dhamma is well expounded by the Blessed One, Buddha, directly visible, immediate (eternal or not subject to time), inviting one to come and see, applicable, to be personally experienced by the wise

The Sangha of the Blessed One's disciples is practising the good way, practising the straight way, practising the true way, practising the proper way; that is, the four pairs of persons, the eight types of individuals - This Sangha of the Blessed One's disciples is worthy of gifts, worthy of hospitality, worthy of offerings, worthy of reverential salutation, the unsurpassed field of merit for the world.

I wish you all the best.  Thank you Dalubaba and OmHome for your time, your caring, your strength and your generosity to help me and others....
It is a wonderful thing you both are doing here.....

I had a strange thing happen during meditation today, it was like a slap in the face the thought was so sudden and enlightening....In an instant I saw my life flash before my eyes, like the proverbial dying man who sees his as he draws his last breath, but in my instance, I saw how one thought for me has kept me chained to an unhealthy  and partial life.  In that second, my face still stinging from the verbal slap that actually had me fling my head back for a second it was so surprising, I vowed to add the thought to future meditations to see how it plays out in the future....to see if this breakthrough actually helps me or hinders me in life.  

I have heard of instantaneous healings or meditations but have only experienced 1 before today.  In both instances, I could actually feel my face warm and redden from the slap along the face.  

Have either of you ever had this happen....Did you remember later what you had learned or was it lost soon after it happened....

I am still continuing my cold water rinses, meditation and light therapy and have added some stair stepper routines doing 20 repititions on the stair stepper at a faster pace.

I hope to see you here soon.....

M

During vipassang camp I did have a floating experience for about 10 minutes during the evening lecture(not during meditation) It is not replicated again. Mr. Goenka told me never try to replicate this experience. If it happens on its on, it is okay. Sometimes i felt some fear of falling down or some other type of fear. It is suggested one should remain in meditation ignoring fear. this is a difficult stage.It may sometime feel that your are dying.Ignoring these fears is most important need for self enlightenment.
.Enlightenment is a divine grace. It is not achieved by efforts,it is divine gift. Anxiety or eagerness to achieve, is road block in getting enlightenment.By doing meditation, you are making your self receptive for divine gift.To receive or not to receive is in the hands of divine entity. I have expressed this not as an enlightened person but as an humble explorer. There is a long way to travel.We need open discussion to understand the misty of mystic science.( choking sensations are also felt during meditation ,of course quite rarely.
I was inspired to write on mediation.I know you can explain in a better manner. I was inspired to write on mediation, inspired by M's message.Many a time we come across opposite statements.This does force us to go deeper in the subject. Discussion and thinking is only way to see the light.
i am concerned with one thing and that is to wake up enough people to change the destruction of this mother of ours. I am not worried about "receiving good feelings" etc. and i "know who the heck i am anyway" and the "supreme beauty of my words" i care about only as far as they put a cattle prod under people-----jesus says the same --that spirit brings fire and the disciples are told to "shake the dust off their feet"--leave pronto---if the people did not listen to them------not to waste your time because there are those who will hear the message-----
     So i take  your gentle "message"---subtle--well put----myyoung and receive it with all the humility i can muster---believe me i hear it all the time in my classes and wkshops---people just don't want to Hear---and do not Wake up a sleeping dog----they might put you on a cross!!!!
     Know what i mean??
     Thank you for sharing that and i will take it to heart.  with love(and fire) om
dalubaba---there is the story of the student who kept asking "what? what do i have to do to wake up master?" over and over and he had been practicing for not very long and was a little lazy about it.  "What do i do?"  . Well----the teacher took him down to the Ganges and asked if he was ready to understand what to do. Thinking he was about to be "anointed" or "baptized" or something he said yes yes.
     The teacher grabbed him and held him under the water and let him struggle and struggle until finally--at last he lifts him up and there is a huge gasp for air.  "What was that for?"!!   What are you doing?"
     So when you are hungry for the truth---when you are as hungry as you just were for air---then---with that one-pointed focus on catching your breath---you can catch a glimpse of the truth of your existence!       om
Thank You so much for inviting me to your beautiful spiritual Group, you omhome and Dalubaba's wisdom is not takin lightly here in the depth of my soul, I know what a gift you are both giving- thank you, thank you, I am listening with heart and Soul
You are much more further along on your path and I am proud to know you and read about your strength and convictions.  Yes, I do know what you mean about moving on, and as Allan Watts once said, "How can you miss me when you have never met me", but I will miss your vital presence, your words and attitude here at MedHelp.org...

M
That is very good advice to not try to replicate anything that happens during meditation...I do a lot of self talk before meditation and try to keep myself open and quiet in the mind during the actual meditation, but my thinker is very strong from a lifetime of exercise and am working on this now...

Thank you

M
Welcome to the group.....If you have any questions or comments, just jump right in.  It is nice to meet you here....

M
M.----i have just discovered and you need to know that dalubaba is a master hypnotist and has used his power three times now on Me---every time i am using the ploy (the tactic--the technique) of leaving mh( a trick to try and get some posting going--i am shameless!)---heck every time i even try i hear a voice and it says "you will not be able to resist coming back" or something similar. Three times and now it repeats in my brain and he keeps dragging me back--dragging me back!!    Oh the humanity!     HA!  
    I think we may have a new soul to add to our cult---or maybe two?? Hope so----i believe we can start something here--an online group first and then??    Hey---the leader of your  Pain Cult is crazy-----crazy to save mama earth----gasping to save mama earth ----help me---please.  shanti shanti shanti   yes yes yes  thank you dalubaba---help me please--grow our cult---thank you myyoung----help me please---inspire us all----thank you osho--for my crazy spirit!    

while meditating if you are scanning your body mentally for sensations frome different parts of the body and not feeling any sensation, You may try a simple trick. Try to align your upper and lower denture and concentrate vibration in mouth and let the vibration travel throughout the body.This may initiate natural vibrations automatically and instantly.You have to keep this alignment hardly for few seconds. I found this technique by chance only. It was related to something else. I applied it in mediation while scanning the body mentally to be aware of body-sensations. Please give me feed back after trying it.
If there are artificial dentures, try aligning upper and lower gums.They may not align but the effort to align them create subtle vibrations.  
Your reference to us as spiritual group worked as a telepathic link to an article giving spiritual advice to remove spiritual malaise.The message is as under;

When life places obstacles in our path, when things seem like they’re breaking down and we grow weary of the struggle, it’s a good time to step back and look for the gift. What gift, you say?

Every situation and experience in life holds a gift, lesson or blessing for us. Yes, even the really painful experiences, like the loss of a loved one, an automobile accident, or natural disaster. There is a gift there, if we look for it.

To find the gift, we simply have to ask ourselves, “What positive lesson can I learn from this? How can this situation benefit me? What wisdom can I gain from this experience? What makes this situation worthwhile to experience in my life?” We can learn from anything in our lives, from a snag in our pantyhose to a migraine headache. We can learn from our disappointments, our heartaches, and our joy.

We can do this with any situation too, not just negative ones. Where is the gift in a boring Sunday afternoon, a crying infant or a gray, rainy wedding day? All we need to do is choose to see the positive side of the situation. The gift of a boring Sunday afternoon might be expressing gratitude for having some free time to express our creativity or enjoy a good book. A crying infant can teach us patience, compassion and nuturing. A rainy wedding day can help us understand what really matters, the celebration of love and meaningful connections with our friends and family.

Of course, when truly wonderful things happen to us, we don’t need to really look for the gift then, do we? We already know what it is. During the happier moments of our lives, we can further honor this positive energy by expressing our deepest gratitude and joy. Rather than just feeling glad about our good fortune, we can purposely focus our thoughts on massive amounts of joy and gratitude, and consciously immerse ourselves in happiness. We can shout our thanks to the heavens and affirm that we welcome even more blessings in our lives.

Choosing to focus on the positive side doesn’t mean living our lives in denial. It doesn’t mean refusing to acknowledge the negative or mundane aspects of our lives. It means we see them, we accept them, and then we look beyond them rather than getting mired in negative thoughts and letting them affect the rest of our day.

Looking for the gift means choosing to lift our thoughts higher than our struggles. It removes us from our victim status and empowers us. No matter what happens in our lives, we have the ability to choose our attitude and our mindset. We can choose to focus on happiness, joy, love and gratitude, or we can stay mired in unhappiness and struggle.

Focusing on the gifts and blessings in our lives won’t make all of our problems vanish overnight, or at all. But it reduces their importance and helps them to fade into the background a bit. We create in our lives what we focus on the most. By choosing to focus on the positive, we attract more positive energy into our lives.

Stop for a moment and look at your surroundings right now. What gifts or lessons are available to you in your current circumstances? And will you choose to embrace them and fully benefit from them?

Submitted by: Jerry
I have been through a HELL of a life. My family is all gone, I buried two wives, the loss of so many friends sent me into an alcohol frenzy many years ago, but I came out of it. I have had psychological counseling, grief counseling which helped. Through the years of loss and pain, I have learned to deal with the NOW and the present and leave the past behind me.
My medical conditions have had their highs and lows but the focus of the mind is a powerful thing that can work. Learning and educating yourself about your own medical condition educates you as well as the treating doctor.
Staying focused without drugs builds the mind and there is no stopping once the mind connects on a path.
Through all that I have gone through, it has taught me to be stronger because tomorrow has no guarantees. Waking up to be thankful for the moment is a great focus to start. From there, it is where you take the day. Keeping that focus is where you build the strength to deal with the moment.
Taking time to smile even though it is a pain day is a start. Looking around life, visually helps. Visual stimulation is a great pain reliever.
So much of life lessons are there to learn for a reason. Building that strength for the hours to come is a moment to live for.
Being thankful for what life has taught you is the strength to build on. Saying thanks for the smile that someone else put on your face, is gratitude to be passed on. Never forget that moment of a smile.
Saying thanks for what you have learned from others is a great feeling. Thanks for listening.
thank you so much dalubaba--0-you know---now that we have a new spark---some new energy for the group (each new member adding energy)----hey--my threat to leave worked!!---anyway----Every day i am learning something new that is a huge help to me in my own life----by reading some new post (or looking back and reading some from earlier posts) and then searching for maybe something to contribute.  Dalubaba sets such a good example for us all doncha think?     Omhome
a beautiful name edawna!  Please jump in----don't stay in the bkground---you too madman---you guys have a lot to share and i look forward to learning a few new "mind" tricks from you.  So get posting!  That goes for all of you.  Post!  Hup Hup Hup!   HA! HA! HA!  Laughter the best medicine!
Dalubaba and I were at one conversation about the chakras and I use a bright white light every day for SAD, Seasonal Affective Disorder, which is the depression that happens in the winter without enough sunlight, and tonight I found this info on a chakra page...

"Doing white light healing meditation on a regular basis increases the Light quotient of our entire energy field. This unlocks our natural healing capacity, uplifts us and increases our overall wellbeing. The following meditation is for individual as well as humanitarian / planetary healing. It is an awesome way to start the day!"

Just checking out a few chakra sites, will post tomorrow if I find anything new to add

M
thank you -----what is "the following meditation" you refer to my- young- at- heart- chakra- friend?------i like awesome ways to start the daze!
cold cold water is working---thank you dalubaba for posting that and the following:

Vipassana, which means to see things as they really are, is one of India's most ancient techniques of meditation. It was rediscovered by Gotama Buddha more than 2500 years ago and was taught by him as a universal remedy for universal ills, i.e., an Art Of Living.

This non-sectarian technique aims for the total eradication of mental impurities and the resultant highest happiness of full liberation. Healing, not merely the curing of diseases, but the essential healing of human suffering, is its purpose.

Vipassana is a way of self-transformation through self-observation. It focuses on the deep interconnection between mind and body, which can be experienced directly by disciplined attention to the physical sensations that form the life of the body, and that continuously interconnect and condition the life of the mind. It is this observation-based, self-exploratory journey to the common root of mind and body that dissolves mental impurity, resulting in a balanced mind full of love and compassion.

The scientific laws that operate one's thoughts, feelings, judgements and sensations become clear. Through direct experience, the nature of how one grows or regresses, how one produces suffering or frees oneself from suffering is understood. Life becomes characterized by increased awareness, non-delusion, self-control and peace.
The Tradition

Since the time of Buddha, Vipassana has been handed down, to the present day, by an unbroken chain of teachers. Although Indian by descent, the current teacher in this chain, Mr. S.N. Goenka, was born and raised in Burma (Myanmar). While living there he had the good fortune to learn Vipassana from his teacher, Sayagyi U Ba Khin who was at the time a high Government official. After receiving training from his teacher for fourteen years, Mr. Goenka settled in India and began teaching Vipassana in 1969. Since then he has taught tens of thousands of people of all races and all religions in both the East and West. In 1982 he began to appoint assistant teachers to help him meet the growing demand for Vipassana courses.

It is so hard just to sit still and do and think nothing (no thing)---works very well though if you want to "see" thde ground of our being.   omhome
I will look up the YouTube links and post them to you.  I enjoy especially the buddhist monks chanting their prayers and feel part of the community praying along with them without even knowing the words.

I played one Tube that was a guided meditation but have put that aside as too many thoughts kept jumping around, like monkeys in a tree that I had to stop and keep track of, and now I just do healing Chakra binaurals ...

I'll be back with a few tubes for you and you can judge for your self if they suit your purpose and beliefs...

M
I will look up Mr. S.N. Goenka on the internet...Maybe there are some talks by him on YouTube also....

Thank you

M
the vipassana post was from dalubaba----sorry i didn't make that clear. om
thats quite alright...I found Mr Goenka on the internet and started watching him today....I love how this link leads to that link, that this music leads to that music and before you know it, building a whole library of motivational meditation is not only possible, it is happening.....

M
let's keep this inspiration going. Any spirit practice you do or have read about---or any thing you are curious about----wellllll-----or any thing i guess! HA!    Om your way Home.      
I went a visited a friend yesterday who just had back surgery and is in a tremendous pain even with the pain meds.  

I saw from my own surgery 3 years ago how
I have put that time in the past and have gotten
stronger since then.  

Meeting with the ill and infirm does make me feel like
I am doing something just opening my ears to their
pleas and tears.  I will tell them something that I or
we are working on here for pain with meditation,
cold showers, journaling, laughing and sharing those
inspirations with the others on this site, but most of
the time I listen and they beg me for the drugs, tell
me the drugs don't take away the pain, cry for the
drugs and call the doctors over and over for more
drugs.

I feel sorry for my friends who are relying only on
drugs for the pain.  It was only with clearing sight
and other ways of coping that I was able to get
off of all prescribed pain meds...It is not for the
faint of heart and to anyone who is truly wondering
if they could do it, the answer is yes....With a lot of
deep internal spiritual work and an alternate attitude.

Blessings to you all

M
Thank you M--------it really is all about attitude-----or Bhava.
As yoigis and yoginis we establish that "attitude" first thing in the morning (meditation--chanting--kirtan etc.) and then the game is to keep returning to it when we discover we have strayed,. Easy to say. Give it a try.   Om
I am wondering about my gurubai Dalubaba----i hope you are well my friend!  Om
here is something to ponder--------------
watch out what you ask for--the universe is such that that is what will become true for you! The form --the wording is important----suppose you are wanting love---or asking--praying for peace---or anything at all.
You will get just that---a state or attitude or reality of "wanting" "desiring" "lacking" obvious because of the asking for it.   Act as if it already is true---not missing. Love is here--now.  Peace is mine always. Etc.    Somebody help me here with this---expand it--or make it a little clearer---share your thoughts on it?   Home of OM
I was engrossed in reading a novel entitled Angels And Devils. Very interesting novel. Because of eye issues, I have stopped reading novels. But his novel was so tempting, that I read it continually for 5 days.It is about conflict between Religion and science.  I just finished the book. I am okay.
thanks dalubaba---at our age one never knows----well---guess that's true at any age. I'm gonna look for that book and read it. If it so engrossed you i will love it.   om
I first heard Wayne Dyer say this about 20 years ago.  He put together a video called, You'll see it when you believe it.  He also has meditations but they have pulled alot of his older and really good stuff off YouTube.

M
do you have a library or do you buy your books.  Have you ever
tried the audio books, when they first came out they were very expensive, now they are cheaper....

That is one way to hear good books when the eyes no longer cooperate all the time....

M
I am 83. I am stone deaf. I can't hear even a car horn without my hearing aid. If I am alone at my house and some body calls or ting the bell, I will not hear the ring of call bell or even telephone ring. So If I am expecting anybody, I keep my hearing aid on me. I can't hear the sound of video as well. So I do not see any videos.
I am suffering from Age related macular degeneration. There is not treatment for this ARMD. I have to use a magnifying glass to read Newspaper. I can read  magnified text without magnifying glass. I will buy a reader, when e-books are available routinely.
Internet is boon to me. I pass my whole day in surfing, meditation, and doing yoga. I do not go out much since last 6 or 7 years. My son and his wife are with me. They do take care for other things. I have learned to live alone. General health is good just with some minor issues. I enhoy every minute of the day.I try to find interest in ordinary activities.I am disinterested in traveling as I have done lot of traveling. visited USA thrice to meet my daughter at Seal Beach LA.  Thank you for your suggestion and continued communication. Om home you can see the movie of Angels & Demons. I have heard that it is very good .Thanks.
Hi dalubaba----i think we are "online" together right no--we could pretend we are texting!!! A first for me----and thanks for the new thread---always   om
I can read this size of characters without magnifying glass. Magnifying text is a redeeming feature for me.Internet has come at the right time for me.To day I have posted a good exercise for eyes for those people who are using computer for more than 4 hours. I have taken it from a website.
Here it is 8 pm. You would be at about 8 am. I wonder whether M is on line. I am playing sudoku for some time, if I get any message from you or from her I will reply.
OK...rare chance for us all to talk here-----any others online now please post in and we will jabber a while---who else is there in "cyber-space" with us?  Om
i wonder how many of us there are  now in our cult Dalubaba----M-----we are slowly growing and i think picking up momentum. New folks post in if you are there and may be we can take a little census. Now----we won't go door to door like some! (more on that later---i don't approve of it--judgment again i know)---we will go forum to forum and "steal" their members away!!!  HA!   Omhome
when this serendipity occurs perhaps we make a new thread just for that conversation----even set up times for us to "meet"?.
so what if?---each morning usa time (nite for u dalubabaji) someone put up a new thread which we will use to converse in somewhat--almost-real time about our spirit practice---our pain---yes we can vent if we need to--new practices we are trying or reading about---beauty--joy---how cold was our shower?-----ok?
      Let's give it a shot anyway---the trick will be to stay consistent---don't wait for others to post or start the day's thread------yes yes yes (amen means i agree as does yes)           Omnome
anyone interested in how to use our spirit games as relief from pains? say so and form that interest takes...om
Before I read your above two posts, I have posted one message explaining to  how to be free from our biological fear and how to remain in present. Many things are happening coincidentally with us! Is it telepathy?I am following your trale.(sp?)
this is the goal and the gift of being-----not doing-doing-doing------this is the present--------in the present moment all is-----so very natural for telepathy-empathy----so very natural to liusten together to the music of the spheres---the OM-----the universal eternal symphony of OM---this present we share------so yes dalubaba to synchronicity ---  telepathy??   perhaps!!   Omhome
I was listening to a YouTube this morning and have included the link here for you.  I find it very relaxing and stimulating at the same time.
I have quite a few on my channel, but this is a good start if you are so inclined to check it out.  Copy and paste the http into your browser and
it should take you right to the video....

http://youtu.be/1SBA8IBREw0

Monks of the Dip Tse Chok Ling Monastery.
Sacred Ceremonies- Ritual Music of Tibetan Buddhism.

1.The Offerings for General Protectors.
2.A Prayer of Kala Rupa.
3.The Praises for Guyashamaya.
4.The Prayers of Forgiveness.
5.A Traditional Composition for Gya Ling and Dung Chen.
6.Dedications in Verses.
here is a little something about meditation i shared with a friend----one way to look at it---one way to understand the psychological principals involved--the science of it----why it works.

Training the mind is just like learning to play the piano or lift weights or run marathons.  Same principal---at first can't play a tune---with practice any tune ya want----at first can't run a mile---then ya do 26 of them suckers. And at first you sit and the mind just acts like a two-year old---we call it "monkey mind"--normal for it to wander---but with some practice you can dive deeper into the silence of no-thought! Same principle---no heavenly lights and bells go off---no grace descends---no deities appear (now these things can all happen depending on your culture etc.). So that's the idea of---practical--scientific---easy if you do it-----Such Rewards---control of your mind---just like control of your hand!!!!!!! with practice.  Ok?  ?'s    om
Found your thread...Aaammmeeeennnnn
om, omhome
Blessings
Om, om, om, my friend...thank you sooooo much and I will hold you in my heart forever because you care for so many and have found me too!
Blessings
Ooohhh no! you are not getting out of this form without albeit a loving one..from me!
Blessings..we, I, need you!
No, no...I am sending this thread to oh so many who follow me albeit not on medhelp but call me personally about pain..
Your positive thoughts go right along with dalubaba and young at heart....you have helped me soooooooo much omhome!
Please please..
Blessing blessings
I will of course follow you as I worry about your illness and YOU! I do not know, if there is a way we can communicate privately..
I have personal friends mostly from our travels but when I gave up paying for my pharmacy license 2yrs ago..I never saw myself practicing pharmacy again...
One very special person I had graduated with saw I was not on the alumna register ..as i donate every year..ha..and contacted my daughter..
Both of my children have had kidney transplants due to an autoimmune kidney disease from me..even my 14yr old only grandson will need a transplant..oh yes guilt..  
Anyway, I knew he had started his pharmacy in 1994 with a grant ..involved with providing hiv and other less known viral-disease meds in a very much needed area in Seattle...
I had not heard from him since 1997 when my then 27yr old son neglected his kidney failure and but for the grace of God, his twin sister dragged him to
A 24hr clinic, they said go to hosp ASAP..
The whole journey from that moment thru today should be an inspirational movie.....The doctor said he had 4 days..he would have just faded away....

but....Wes found us, called
did not know of my pain issues
..He is now operating the pain clinic at UCLA... another graduate is a retired anaesthsiologist and yet another is a surgeon.
And I have the best resource in my Lord! Prayer is powerful but unconditional forgiveness well..that is another story...But for being afraid of going to hell and never seeing my family in heaven..I don't know ..but when I read alll the responses from you, sue, dalubaba, madman....
starting with a simple cup of coffee by My Bright Light..!! Was that karma or what!
I had my husband read them and and now he knows why I read and try to respond ,throwing the iPad across the bed when it defaults, etc...
I spend hours on this defective iPad writing letters of hope and ...I had long letters I just deleted because I just thought oh, why would anybody want to
Read these..
So please
please .
My rant to dr. Should not have been posted I guess..but get so frustrated..That is why your help to the couch is sooo imp.
Now I want to know how YOU are dealing with your pain and life if you wil open up..om,om,om...YOU!!
Blessings...my last long rant..picky promise?

I'm,I'm,I'm
Blessings!
I am on my way M, on my way...
I agree 100%
Some ....?.. Sent me to the couch and omhome led mre here..
Thank you from the bottom of my heart..your letter about depression is oh so vivid and true...
Blessings
I just sent a long response to omhome and made a typo calling you mybrightlight instead of MYoungAtHeart...sorry that is an oops.
But it's what you are to me...
Blessings
This Mornings News, Saturday March 23

Yoga’s not usually the first thing that springs to mind when thinking about treatment for post traumatic stress disorder in veterans. But from the Veterans Administration to the Pentagon, yoga classes are becoming not just commonplace, but in some rehabilitation programs mandatory.

One of the places in the forefront of change is the Newington Yoga Center, in Newington, Connecticut.

About 20 veterans train to become yoga teachers. Suzanne Manafort of the Veterans Yoga Project, said what began as a small project has burgeoned into programs across the country. Manafort taught yoga for years before using it as a treatment for PTSD. She said she had no idea she might need to make adjustments to her teaching, until she made mistakes.

“Touching is a mistake. In yoga classes we touch all the time. But to somebody whose been sexually assaulted that’s a huge violation. Walking behind them is a huge mistake because it feels like they have to pay attention to what’s going on in the room instead of just practicing their yoga practice,” Manafort said.

She said ultimately it was veterans themselves that guided her, in some cases just by the courage it took simply to stay in class.

“Some of the men and women that I work with are Vietnam Veterans so they’ve been at home suffering for 40 years,” said Manafort. “And when they come into this treatment program and they’re told they have to do yoga, ‘they’re like are you kidding me?’”

“I thought it was a joke,” said Vietnam veteran Paul Gryzwinski. “And I remembered actually laughing out loud and they said no we’re really not kidding you’re going to be going to yoga.”

Gryzwinski is training to teach yoga to veterans. Many years after returning from the war, PTSD hit him hard. He ended up turning to the VA. Where he first encountered yoga.

“And I just thought of myself in like, tights with you know a bunch of women. And I know that sounds sexist – and I’m not, so forgive me – but it was such an alien concept to me,” Gryzwinski said with a chuckle.

And Gryswinski’s early misperceptions are one reason that Dan libby, a co-founder of the Veterans Yoga Project, said the 12 week yoga training for treating vets with PTSD tries to strip all the new-agey stuff out.

“We really emphasize, ‘leave all the Sanskrit names at home, right. Leave the candles at home, don’t talk about you know moonbeams and chakras and all these things,’” he said. “It’s really just about learning about your body and your experience; learning to breathe.”

So---here it is stripped of all the "new-agey" stuff!
The brain is another body-part---like a liver---an eye---a hand. A little more complex.Programable.
If you command your hand to make a fist--it does. Have a stroke and now you will have to train the hand again with some conscious hard work.
Now command your brain to stay focused on a chosen object of concentration---maybe try the  breath. Really---just for 5 minutes. Easy right?
Not so easy unless you have trained it.
Very very simply----yoga is to train the brain to obey your command. And so to control the mind. And so to control your consciousness---how you experience your daily life. How you respond---instead of react. How there is Light---instead of darkness.
     Do so playfully. A matter of choice--each and every moment choose That which brings Light.  OK?

Now an aside:  At the deeper levels of yoga practice the use of Sanskrit mantras and words becomes very powerful as each mantra has its own vibrational frequency---a different "feel" to it.  Shanti Shanti Shanti means peace and feels peaceful to chant. Try it.  "IN The beginning was the Word"!  And all was formed from that word.
That word was the Big Bang----The Big Om!.......HA!

omhome
Ok You Guys----your hearts are in the right place but you must understand that many of us are put Off by your moonbeam and new-agey put-down attitude---don't need that nonsense ----
     You need to understand that you are not even in pre-school yet so your judgements are at the level of infantile.........you have no clue what is a chakra---what is yoga. You are doing some focused stretching at best--so do not get the idea it is close to Classical Yoga.  
     Candles share their beautiful gentle fragrance and Light with us.

Oh if people only knew the true value of moonbeams when seen through the eyes of Love.    

omhome
as you can see by my post.........i do not take it lightly when someone be-littles or makes fun of Yoga.......even these veterans who are only trying to help each other.........i apologize to them...sorry guys.........but watch out for what you say and the effect it might have........or Siva ....or Kali..God forbid! will Getcha... HA!

om
againnot commented on hi
kermit812 is ... Comment
Jul 28
opus88 commented on photo
Jul 27