278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
What is Stretch Yoga?
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
788 members

What is Stretch Yoga?

Hi om and dalub and anyone else yoga experts--

I got an e-mail from a dr. 's newsletter I saw a few times about something called stretch yoga?  Said it is good for older people or those with pain.  I can definitely not do any twisting or sharp movements.  I try to stretch a bit in my bed, since I'm there about  90% of the day,

What do you think?
cindee it is really just a slower more focused on breath prqactice with gentle long stretches of whatever it is you discover you can stretch. Explore and stretch!  Fingers---toes---face---butt!  whatever--eyers----ears---!!!!___???   stretching brings nutrient rich blood to where you stretch---healing oxygen and prana *(life energy). Go slow---no hurry----it is to be enjoyed.  Not a chore---look forward to doing it ios the attitude----omhome
go on yahoo and put stretch yoga in the search thing and a bunch of cool stuff comes up----check yoga on you tube for some fun too. Especially the extra stuff on the sidebars.   om
I will definitely try-- my legs are extremely stiff and painful, I can't straighten them and they swell--esp. around the knees to the feet.  they are so tight,  Would the stretching loosen them up?  I'll look it up.  Thanks.
I know for me, I try and do light stretching while I am in a warm bathtub. Just light stretching, anything that feels comfortable but just light stretching, like the ankles, and leg muscles. Don't forget to drink a lot of water afterwards. Keep up on the vitamins also. I know another damned pill is annoying but at least the vitamins have a benefit. Keep up the positive attitude and let the brain do the rest. It will tell you when it has had enough.
At first i did not unerstand when you said see page 4. Then it clicked and i came to page 4. Stretching exercises are good. I have tried to shake the ears by manipulating the back of my head(some web suggeted) I could not shaking ears but I could feel that it can be done if we persist. Putting the tongue in the back of front teeth-upper and lower-one can stretch/vibrate the head and even some part of torso. Trying to align upper and lower front teeth or gum can help to stretch the whole body(sort of soft vibration) Stretching every inch of a body is a very pleasant experience or even a good daiy work out.I think it is called progressive relaxation.
breezytoo commented on Going Vegan?
breezytoo commented on photo
CRSeaside commented on photo