278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
What we did not do?
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
780 members

What we did not do?

What We Didn’t Do

I had a very special teacher in high school many years ago whose husband unexpectedly died suddenly of a heart attack. About a week after his death, she shared some of her insight with a classroom of students.

As the late afternoon sunlight came streaming in through the classroom windows and the class was nearly over, she moved a few things aside on the edge of her desk and sat down there.

With a gentle look of reflection on her face, she paused and said, “Before class is over, I would like to share with all of you a thought that is unrelated to class, but which I feel is very important.

Each of us is put here on earth to learn, share, love, appreciate and give of ourselves. None of us knows when this fantastic experience will end. It can be taken away at any moment. Perhaps this is God’s way of telling us that we must make the most out of every single day.”

Her eyes beginning to water, she went on, “So I would like you all to make me a promise. From now on, on your way to school, or on your way home, find something beautiful to notice. It doesn’t have to be something you see – it could be a scent-perhaps of freshly baked bread wafting out of someone’s house, or it could be the sound of the breeze slightly rustling the leaves in the trees, or the way the morning light catches one autumn leaf as it falls gently to the ground.

Please look for these things, and cherish them. For, although it may sound trite to some, these things are the “stuff” of life. The little things we are put here on earth to enjoy. The things we often take for granted. We must make it important to notice them, for at any time… it can all be taken away.”

The class was completely quiet. We all picked up our books and filed out of the room silently. That afternoon, I noticed more things on my way home from school than I had that whole semester. Every once in a while, I think of that teacher and remember what an impression she made on all of us, and I try to appreciate all of those things that sometimes we all overlook.

Take notice of something special you see on your lunch hour today. Go barefoot. Or walk on the beach at sunset. Stop off on the way home tonight to get a double-dip ice cream cone. For as we get older, it is not the things we did that we often regret, but the things we didn’t do.

(Similarly do not ignore 'Chronic pain Couch' It may download a miracle.) Submitted by Samantha
I was just going to log off and forgot to tell you that I found free Meditation music to download on YouTube....I also found on WIKI the following info...on Music Therapy...

Music therapists may work with individuals who have behavioral-emotional disorders.'To meet the needs of this population, music therapists have taken current psychological theories and used them as a basis for different types of music therapy. Different models include behavioral therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and psychodynamic therapy.

One therapy model based on neuroscience, called "neurological music therapy" (NMT), is "based on a neuroscience model of music perception and production, and the influence of music on functional changes in non-musical brain and behavior functions; In other words, NMT studies how the brain is without music, how the brain is with music, measures the differences, and uses these differences to cause changes in the brain through music that will eventually affect the client non-musically. As one researcher, Dr. Thaut, said: "The brain that engages in music is changed by engaging in music; NMT trains motor responses (i.e. tapping foot or fingers, head movement, etc.) to better help clients develop motor skills that help "entrain the timing of muscle activation patterns...

Thank you so much for your original thread of music therapy...

M
What a great post-and what a great teacher that you had. Posting your story  makes you a "teacher" also  Dalubaba. Thank you for sharing that with us.
                                                                                  shinty
My post is not my post. It is copied and pasted.Inadvertently i forgot to mention the source. All thanks go to to the original author. I think his name was samanta who submitted the post. Thanks.
I think a lot of times we are a walking repository of stories or words that we have heard other people tell us or read about....The fact is that you took time out of your day to forward us the story is what makes you Dalubaba a great teacher....And thank you Shinty for your reply because there is so much I miss here and then think about once I log off.....

M
Whenever I find something interesting and useful, I would like to share with people who can use it.Many a time I am pleasantly surprised by some one who tells me that I had suggested some method, which has help him and his friends.Idea of sharing prompts us to learn more and more.
Now my needs are quite limited. However, idea of sharing with others make me read and observe things with the idea of sharing. This is the time well spent.
breezytoo commented on yets
nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status
nursegirl6572 "It's never too late to be ... Comment