278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
Where will folks get help if we all stop posting?
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
768 members

Hey group-- i wonder where the help will come from--where the energy will come from-- if we all stop posting and are content to just read other's contributions---but make few of our own? Your thoughts on how to keep our group from dying from lack of effort? Posted with love for all of you on my mnd---omhome
maybe i just have this stupid fantasy that we can be different and not just fade away----but it doesn't look good does it.  Oh right---nobody is posting because----ummmmm-----oh not enough time---yeah that's the ticket---don't have the time for any of that pain relief or management crapola.  Oh wait----dudn't madder if i post---who will care anyway. Can't help anything.  
      Well it can and does help if you believe the feedback and success stories and "thank-you's for the helps" hey---just playing with words ya know----  
       C'mon and show some life now----new moon--new beginnings---who is in this group and gonna stay there----abnd what the heck--who idn't--ha!    luv u guyz    omhOMe
Maybe we should rename the group?
a great idea cindee-----what do you suggest---anybody else?
What about Natural, Drug-Free Pain Relief and Stress Relief?  Or maybe Don't Give Up Yet, or Free Non Medical Help for Pain or A Different Approach for Pain Relief?

I guess they're all too long, but I'm trying....
Stopped breathing! Observed what happens after that. Hesitant breath Stated again. Then I found it was the trick of medicine -Benadryl- which lubricated my mucus. well flu-like symptoms are bating. Hope to join the gang as soon as possible.Omhome, joining the gang and joining the Ganges- are they same?
yes they are dalubaba-----now----please----do keep breathing!
Get better soon dalubaba, and please don't stop breathing!
I have a sore throat and cold too, hopefully it goes away soon. I don't want to get my nieces and nephew sick.  It is beautiful here in Nova Scotia, we are having a really pretty snowstorm, so the kids have the day off school.
That's every kids dream in Canada, to have a snow day, since the buses are cancelled :)

A group name I thought of " Living Your Life with Pain" (it sounds like a book) lol
I will try and think of some other names.
Oh I just thought of "Breathing through the Pain"?
Take care, Sue
I read the posts mostly every day and sometimes I can't make a comment because I don't have anything to add but pain issues. It gets annoying to me when I have to post about pain issues and don't feel that I can offer anything.
Sometimes I read the posts and feels the pain these people are experiencing because of lack of knowledge either from their doctor or lack of information about their medical condition. I have DJD/DDD with multiple surgeries and developed scar tissue which is a side effect from the surgeries. My recent procedure (which I had to fight my doctor to get) seemed to help. I have had nerve blocks and more steroid injections continually over the years. Recently (after my pain management doctor was changed three times) I got a doctor who did a Botox injection on the piriformis muscle which has been bothering me for years. I had to fight with this doctor to get the injection but got positiver results for this Botox shot. My pain levels are down and I am off all the pain medication. I am walking for the first time in years and using leg muscles that I didn't now existed. My pain issues are now about my leg muscles and that is the worst part of it all. Yes I still have pain in my back and hip but after I got this shot of Botox in November, I am doing much better.
The arthritis medication recommended over the years has not helped me any. Just one more pill and I am very tired of taking medications that do not work for me. I take Gabentin/Neurontin which I was dumb enough to stop but found out that was the wrong thing to do. The gabentin helps with the nerve pain I have. I am now walking by the beach as my own physical therapy and it feels good to walk again even though I feel the leg pain at night but this is more than I have done in years. That is the positive side and I guess that is the only thing I have to offer on this board. After this recent injection in Nov., I am doing more now than I have ever done with multiple surgeries. This piriformis muscle has been debated in the medical community but NOW is finally recognized. I will be investigating a new pain management doctor who can treat my issues without a fight.
Some of the steroid injections I have had have caused problems but not with pain issues. The scar tissue developed by the multiple surgeries will always be there and I have to learn to deal with that.
Ask about this Botox injection and if it can help you. I did me some good and I hope what I have to offer opens some doors to ask the doctor about. Good luck to all and do your research on your condition before you depend on a doctor for answers. The research you do will help you better understand what is happening to your body and how a doctor can help when you both know what needs to be treated, Doctors only treat what you tell them hurts so the better educated you are about your condition helps the doctor focus on what needs to be treated. Give the doctor an 'educated guess' as they do to their patients and hopefully we can educate the doctors.
nursegirl6572 commented on JGF25's status
againnot commented on Feeling sad desperate...
Kikster24 commented on Why You Might Have A ...
Jul 30