278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
cold rainy weather and my joints are swelling
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
768 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cold rainy weather and my joints are swelling

Hi everyone.  I have Rheumatoid arthritis,  My first real flare up was last february.  I now have visibly deformed joints in my hands and feet because of that flare up.  Since then I've lived with widespread painful stiff joints, but this time of year is clearly the worst.  This week it's cold and rainy and everything is starting to swell up again and I'm so afraid of a full blown flare up again.  Atleast this time I'm on pain meds. but I still hurt.  I use a heat pack on hands and feet and a heating pad for my back that helps a little.  Is there anything else I could do besides taking more prescription medication to ease my pain?  I also have fibromyalgia that's starting to act up.  I've only been dealing with this for about a year.  I'm hoping there's someone here who may have been struggling longer with RA and FIBRO and can give further suggestions for easing swelling, stiffness, and pain of my joints please???
5 Comments
Blank
874521_tn?1375890587
hi will write more later k, just wanted to ask you if you have tried the RA forum?
Maybe there would be more suggestions for you on there?
I have mild arthritis in comparison and truly sympathize with your pain, I hope you can find something that gives you some non medical relief.
There at one time was gold injections for RA are these avail any longer?
hang in there!!
Blank
653169_tn?1303449969
good idea I will post there. I'm not sure about the injections, but I've heard there are a couple newer options that come in injection form. They are very expensive. Hopfully I will eventually have some health insurance.  I really need to be on something that prevents further damage instead of something that just makes the day bareable.  ttys
You hang in there too :)
Blank
535089_tn?1400677119
Hello Shanna:

Oh, man...I'm right with you on the cold and rainy weather making things worse than they usually are. I find that a nice warm bath helps me a great deal..Also I use my heating pad faithfully. It helps put me to sleep. Have you tried either of those??

There are some really great web sites out there that deal with home remedies for pain outside your normal medication. I found one for another member and found it to be very helpful as far as extra measures.

The RA forum would defifitly be an aded help in your case...I encourage you to check it out as well.

Hang in there friend.....It will get better...
Warmest regards,
Molly
Blank
653169_tn?1303449969
Thanks for comments.  I also use a heating pad faithfully.  I will try a warm bath when I feel more steady.  I'm trying not to fall like last year.  I am interested in the website you found Molly.  I am trying to stay as warm as possible.  The fireplace is going tonite for sure.
Thanks again for comments Mollyrae.  I appreciate all advice.
you keep warm too
Shanna
Blank
483733_tn?1326802046
Shanna, you might want to try putting a stool in the shower and sitting on it and letting the warm water flow.   I've done this after surgeries.
Blank
Recent Activity
6669309_tn?1405723690
Blank
breezytoo Pneumonia/Sepis/Hosp stay Comment
4 hrs ago
480448_tn?1403547723
Blank
nursegirl6572 commented on JGF25's status
7 hrs ago
Blank
againnot commented on hi