cold rainy weather and my joints are swelling
Hi everyone.  I have Rheumatoid arthritis,  My first real flare up was last february.  I now have visibly deformed joints in my hands and feet because of that flare up.  Since then I've lived with widespread painful stiff joints, but this time of year is clearly the worst.  This week it's cold and rainy and everything is starting to swell up again and I'm so afraid of a full blown flare up again.  Atleast this time I'm on pain meds. but I still hurt.  I use a heat pack on hands and feet and a heating pad for my back that helps a little.  Is there anything else I could do besides taking more prescription medication to ease my pain?  I also have fibromyalgia that's starting to act up.  I've only been dealing with this for about a year.  I'm hoping there's someone here who may have been struggling longer with RA and FIBRO and can give further suggestions for easing swelling, stiffness, and pain of my joints please???
hi will write more later k, just wanted to ask you if you have tried the RA forum?
Maybe there would be more suggestions for you on there?
I have mild arthritis in comparison and truly sympathize with your pain, I hope you can find something that gives you some non medical relief.
There at one time was gold injections for RA are these avail any longer?
hang in there!!
good idea I will post there. I'm not sure about the injections, but I've heard there are a couple newer options that come in injection form. They are very expensive. Hopfully I will eventually have some health insurance.  I really need to be on something that prevents further damage instead of something that just makes the day bareable.  ttys
You hang in there too :)
Hello Shanna:

Oh, man...I'm right with you on the cold and rainy weather making things worse than they usually are. I find that a nice warm bath helps me a great deal..Also I use my heating pad faithfully. It helps put me to sleep. Have you tried either of those??

There are some really great web sites out there that deal with home remedies for pain outside your normal medication. I found one for another member and found it to be very helpful as far as extra measures.

The RA forum would defifitly be an aded help in your case...I encourage you to check it out as well.

Hang in there friend.....It will get better...
Warmest regards,
Molly
Thanks for comments.  I also use a heating pad faithfully.  I will try a warm bath when I feel more steady.  I'm trying not to fall like last year.  I am interested in the website you found Molly.  I am trying to stay as warm as possible.  The fireplace is going tonite for sure.
Thanks again for comments Mollyrae.  I appreciate all advice.
you keep warm too
Shanna
Shanna, you might want to try putting a stool in the shower and sitting on it and letting the warm water flow.   I've done this after surgeries.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
specialmom commented on Saw the babies again ...
Jul 27
ChitChatNine commented on ChitChatNine's status
Jul 15
specialmom commented on THIS NEW FORUM STINKS...
Jul 15