278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
controlling chronic pain
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
774 members

controlling chronic pain

I have extreme upper spine neck pain; cannot hold head up without pain medication and currently take vicoprofen for management. I wish I did not have to take it but if I don't I cant take care of my life, my kids, family, and my quality of life is hopeless since the pain to so bad. Is it wrong to take this medication if you have to? Are there other options? If so, what and would there be wd, and for How Long???
1 Comment
if you have insurance, go see an orthopdic doctor. It sounds like you might have a ruptured disk in your neck. I have the same thing from an auto accident years ago. It is severe pain and will effect the way you think after a while. Getting your neck fused isn`t as bad as it sounds. I had mine done and I don`t regret it at all. I feel sooo much better. Please don`t even get started on the pain med train because slowly but surely you will have to take more and more until you are addicted to pain medication. Check out the pain pill addiction forums on this site and you will see what you are in for if you keep taking the pain pills and don`t get your neck fixed. Trust me, you don`t know what pain is until you are FORCED to go through detox and withdrawls from pain meds. I wish somebody would have warned me before I fell into it. Remember, if something is broken, it is better to fix it right than to cover it up with tape and try to pretent nothing is wrong.
mkh9 commented on photo
nursegirl6572 commented on Derealization and Dep...
Sep 18
Lev1Fagan commented on Derealization and Dep...
Sep 18