controlling chronic pain
I have extreme upper spine neck pain; cannot hold head up without pain medication and currently take vicoprofen for management. I wish I did not have to take it but if I don't I cant take care of my life, my kids, family, and my quality of life is hopeless since the pain to so bad. Is it wrong to take this medication if you have to? Are there other options? If so, what and would there be wd, and for How Long???
if you have insurance, go see an orthopdic doctor. It sounds like you might have a ruptured disk in your neck. I have the same thing from an auto accident years ago. It is severe pain and will effect the way you think after a while. Getting your neck fused isn`t as bad as it sounds. I had mine done and I don`t regret it at all. I feel sooo much better. Please don`t even get started on the pain med train because slowly but surely you will have to take more and more until you are addicted to pain medication. Check out the pain pill addiction forums on this site and you will see what you are in for if you keep taking the pain pills and don`t get your neck fixed. Trust me, you don`t know what pain is until you are FORCED to go through detox and withdrawls from pain meds. I wish somebody would have warned me before I fell into it. Remember, if something is broken, it is better to fix it right than to cover it up with tape and try to pretent nothing is wrong.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
specialmom commented on specialmom's status
Jun 30
specialmom Three days of camp volunte... Comment
Jun 30
ChitChatNine is having fun! Comment
Jun 29