278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
help with quick survey
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
783 members

help with quick survey

do you want to know how many of us are here when we are posting or watching--maybe medhelp could put who is online at particular times for us to see? I have seen places where this s done and it is really nice addition.
so maybe for the next 48hrs. just "post in" with something-anything--or just say hi.  It would be nice to know doncha think? Make a few--or many--beautiful moments today. Help another--smile at a child--shine your light.
I'm always around.  I check the board all the time.  Hi to everyone--not the best day for me, I guess I sat too much.  I have an issue with sitting and my back.

I did see some beautiful birds at my feeders outside the window--woodpeckers, titmouse, cardinals, chickadees.  Just to say something pleasant.  I wish I could be outside more.

Prayers for everyone!
I am also here and try to check in or need to ask for advice on a regular basis! I am still waiting for my meds, and some cortisone injections, boy do I appreciate those painful shots in my shoulder, elbow and knees! Dr. at Pain comvention! I hope everyone is feeling good, or getting by, I am planning on listening to some good music...It really soothes me! I think is a good idea.....what you are doing!   Thanks from everybody who posts!
results are in! three people! wow!   om
in one way you are outside when you resonate (big ol word for look at em) with those birdies the sweet little things that never peck or screech or!!~!!!HEY OK stop it don--sorry---little weird comedy break--stupid birds! HA!    So you guys see how far just cindee sharing her moment with the birds can take us all (or am i the only crazy one?) inside for a moment. Thanks cindee and keep up the positive sharing. bet it feels good. how 'bout the rest of you?    om cindee   yogadon
hey  heck no i didn't forget about you rr. and music is called the easiest path "in" by many of us in the spiritual community. And i mean any music that entrances the mind or brings a peaceful inner state of experiencing this moment. Hard for me to say (65 grew up in texas!) but that even includes --oh boy--Rap Music! Oy Vey! Carramba. Yep Jewish folk music and Mexican melodies. I think i remember (no i am not a lawyer) but to the best of my recollection i forgot what i was going to say. Hmm.
       On a more serious note---did the shots work for you or did you get them yet? And i am sorry you were railroaded.    om railroaded       yogadon
Hi, I just got a return call, (I origally asked for an injection over a week ago). from the insurance Dr. who released me from his care to go back to my original wonderful back Dr., who I had since 1994! But he is at a Pain Management Convention, so I had to call the ins. Dr. because I can't lift my arm and I don't have power steering! (hard to believe I know, I am almost 57 and have NEVER had power steering), so I got a call back an hour ago from his receptionist, (who overheard me saying she gets EVERY message wrong....she does!), so maybe that was the reason for the delay. I am going to drive myself, and I mean my shoulder is surpassing my back and leg pain! I am desperate for the cortisone injection, and I am needing them closer and closer together...bursitis and arthritis...also in my knee, but I am going to wait for my wonderful Dr. for that, it isn't as painful. I get my cortisone injection tomorrow. I have been in constant pain since September 24th, when I had my colonostopy, and they removed the Fentanyl patches, (and I took photos, of the bloody rashes all over my entire left thigh, and one on my stomach, and a few squares on my left upper arm. Just in case I am questioned in another venue! The ins. Dr. left me with a prescription that was for 3 tablets of Oxycontin a day, and when I saw him originally, and for over 10 tears, I was on 10 pills per day! I assumed, wrongly, that my regular Dr. could fix the difference, but since he isn't even in the STATE!, I don't even see him until Oct. 23rd! So, I will try to explain my pain issues to the same person (Ins. Dr!) who had me on 4-100mg. Fentanyl patches at a time, to be changed every 3 days,( which was the equivalent of my Oxycontin dose( Which was 10 pills) that worked for YEARS!), until the allergies of the adhesive left such terrible scars even HE had to remove them! But then to put me on OPANA ER, which I could not even tolerate for over 36 hours!,(And THAT dosage was the equivalent of 10 Oxycontin per day!) and I returned the full bottle to HIM, to prove how nauseating the look of it even make me...and THEN, he puts me on the smallest dose of Oxycontin, almost 1/4th of what I was on for 10 years, And what I FEEL is MOST important, was the calculations he used to switch the doses to OTHER meds, like the FENTANYL, and the OPANA, and I can't even remember the first thing he tried but everything was calculated to my original Oxycontin Dose I was on for years!. I was on the exact dose of Fentanyl, for 4 months, and then put on 1/4th the equivalent dose of Oxycontin! Do you understand what I mean? I have NO idea what he was thinking, except trying to look good to the insurance company, reducing my dose by 75%! It is almost criminal, and I have no idea what he was thinking, but I will know tomorrow! He can NEVER say he was wrong, so it will somehow be MY mistake! I am using my math skills to prove his mistakes in the dosing, and he has made a mistake before, in the math department, which, I must say, I am pretty good in. He gave me medicine for breakthrough meds, but they won't fill THOSE until the 21st, I have no idea WHY, but I sent him a FAX to explain my pain and could he help me by calling the pharmacy...I heard nothing...until today, to squeeze me in tomorrow! So, I have probably been havng withdrawals, I have never known what I should be experiencing, but take off 4-100mg Fentanyl patchs, all at once and be on nothing for 2 weeks, I felt like **** so maybe that was the withdrawals, but I bit the bullet, because I never want to be known as a drug seeker, but oh my God! So I have been using gabapentin, but it doesn't seem to be working like it did the first 2 days...so I am supposed to increase, but I was getting dizzy on the lowest dose, and THEN when it didn't seem to be helping the nerve pain, never doubled the dose, which he wanted me to do! I will ask him about the Lyrica, maybe I won't get so dizzy, or disoriented. Does the Lyrica have that effect too? Sorry for the rambling,have to pick my grandson up, poor little boy, what a NON-FUN person I have been, and his dinners! Well, just try to imagine! P.S. I HAVE the Oxycontin, but I WILL NOT take what he didn't prescribe, even though my original Dr., who I now have, would have told me to increase, I don't DARE do anything that will get me in trouble! So I satay in pain...WITH the OXY right in front of me. It is from reading the horror stories on this forum! The LAST thing I need is for a Dr. to be questioning me when it comes to Pain Meds! So thanks for all the stories! Still listening to the music..and it is still helping Hope everyone out there is having a wonderful, or at least, a GOOD DAY!
Hi.  Just wanted to suggest--if you put paragraphs in your post it would be a lot easier to read...my eyes are bad and I can't follow..

I had a bad dr. appt. yesterday.  This guy was a physiatrist (sp?) and he starts off saying how can i help you--then when I start to tell him about my pain, he makes me do all this bending and twisting and pushing...he asked me what were the WORST pain areas and I said my back going down my legs, neck, right ribs, left shoulder, right knee ( which he admitted was very red and swollen).

I could have said a lot more (like my swollen feet, fingers,, but then he goes *Most doctors won't listen to all that.*  What the heck?  I said well, this is what is hurting me you asked me and I am telling you.  Then he said You probably don't exercise, and I said I did for 25 years I was a gym  nut.  I kept modifying my workouts and finally got down to nothing I was able to do without pain,  He asked ab out yoga and I said too much twisting around (it is)  Now I can barely walk and that's not from lack of trying!

It's just so frustrating.  I take NO pain meds.  He was happy about that.  Now this guy is a big deal out of a hospital in the NYC area.  The 15 minute evaluation cost close to $500!

I am so upset.

These doctors are just so cold.  My husband was mad at me, but I am sick of doctors treating me like some crazy old lady.  I actually said before I left, *I know I'm fat but I know if something is hurting me or not and what I can and cannot do.*  Then he sort of backpedaled and said *I'm trying to help you.*  I was not impressed.  But, of course, he wants me to get MRI's and now I'm fighting with my husband because I can't tolerate those.  I can barely sit in the car for the 30 min. it took to get there and he wants me to go to the city to a large hospital to get these done because he's affiliated with them.

Anyway, just thought I would tell you my experience so you know you're not alone....
Sorry, I know that post was not positive.  Let's see--oh,my neighbor called today and it was nice to talk to someone different

Also, my purple and yellow mums I planted about 5 years ago when I was not sick are out in the backyard and they are gorgeous!  It  made me happy to see them coming up because I love flowers and miss gardening a lot.  I love fall colors.
Thanks for telling me about using paragraphs, really! Even I can't reread what I write because I don't do it anymore! I think I have been out of school too long..as least I will use that excuse! Recently, I asked the receptionist at the pain management Dr, from the Insurance company for ALL my records, since 2009, which was the first time they sent me to him, and he wrote a report NOT to change my meds, (What the INSURANCE COMPANY HIRED HIM TO DO!), Well, the insurance Co. forgets and sends me to the EXACT same doctor 3 yrs later, so her I am, reading all my records, and his reports, and on my last visit, he lists me as obese white female, 56. Well, on that very appointment he had asked me..".Teresa, how much weight have you lost?" and I tell him that since he has been screwing with my medications, all that made me sick to my stomach, I had to have a colonostopy over one, and was allergic to most, and I answer..".well, I would say about 50 pounds since February...since  I have been coming to you!"                                                                                                                          I have forgot how to make paragraphs! Anyway, He tells me I look so skinny and then he says"Well, how do you KNOW you have lost 50 pounds, do you have a scale?", and I say NO, I KNOW because I am wearing my daughters pants, and theya re a size 8, and I was a size 14. now I used to be 115 pounds, my whole life UNTIL my back surgeries, and I KNOW how much weight I have lost, my daughter has been telling me how skinny I look, but not in a good way, I haven't wanted to eat anything for months. and then he says"Well, you can't KNOW you have lost weight if you don't have a scale!" Now, I have been biting my tongue SINCE Feb. because THIS is the way he is. The biggest ego I have ever seen! And I have dealt with SO many doctors and have no more respect because they went to medical school...well, give me a nurse                                      anyday!                                                                                                              So, I am an obese white female, at about 135 pounds, at the most, and the reason my records state this is because, HOW do you explain a patient that is losing weight at such a fast pace, without dieting, and complaining of abdominal pain and stomachaches every 4 weeks, NONE of which is suggested in my charts! He is covering his ***! I have scars all over me from the Fentanyl, and even though I like the fact I lost the weight, not in the way it came off, and then to question the weight loss, after HE tells me about it! Well, I will be so glad to return to my regular back Dr, who knew me through my son dying, well, through everything! And I will get my whopping CORTISONE PAINFUL INJECTION on the 23rd! Wrote you a message, if you want to check! I hope today found you coping! I am just ticking the days off until Oct. 23rd! And the pain meds...forget about it! The gabapentin helps a little but boy do I get dizzy, and I already burned myself on the oven....which I showed him, but no big deal....INCREASE IT! (seems his motto!)  
we need more of you guys to just post something and get friends to jump in.  Just trying to get a flow of energy going here because i know it  helps people to read but also and maybe more important it helps when they contribute. we need your input---it all helps.  ok  here we go!!
I am here. I have been working in the shadows. for a few weeks. We are going through a tough time with our adopted son and I are actually in the process of giving up are parental rights.  he he has gone through several psychotic episodes in the past couple years hospitalized a few times and actually is just getting out from a two week episode at the psych ward in H town at about 4 and a half hours away . We have to go sign the papers today is going to be 1 of the toughest days of my life. pain why is my levels have been steady I have seen a new pm doctor that has put me on morphine 3 * a day, between that and the percoset and the Gabba Penton and the clonazapam Iam pretty much doped up all day.  I hate it, I hate it with a passion. But it is the only way to get off the couch an out of bed. I am doing more and feeling better.  my insurance has kicked in so I now have to go through a bunch of tests and images and see this doctor and see that doctor and get my blood work done
i am a dad and my heart goes out to you and your family.  That poor child.. People accept deformities of all physical kinds but when the mind is diseased we all seem to get weird about that. And for the parent it is SO HARD not to feel guilt---and guilt.  For it happening---what did i do wrong---to how it feels to just not want to have to deal with it any more. Jesus!!!
     You are just gonna have to stay as strong and centered within as you can motown and see this through. And you will.   Stay active no matter the cost. Ignore the "oh poopy" thoughts and generate some of your own. Sometimes it helps me to just yell (in my head not out loud) the word  YES  yes yes yes and let it get quieter. Gets to the subconscious. You start feeling yes attitude--yes i can  yes i will-  etc.  Ok  too long.   Yes you will motown.   om   yogadon
Mollyrae commented on Why You Might Have A ...
16 mins ago
specialmom commented on Shannon79's status
breezytoo commented on Jade59's status