how to become a member of a group.
hover your cursor over menu of forums( do not click), you will get list of five times.The last one is for user group. Now click on the user group, you will get a list of all groups giving some information about the group. There are 4 icons on the left side. click on + icon. This will make you honored member of that group.
On each page, you will find a menu on My Medhelp. Hover your cursor(do not click) on My Medelp, You will find a drop down menu. This will show you the communities and groups are attached to. By clicking on the relevant community or group, you will reach your community.
Few days back , I did not know about this manipulation.There might be some persons like me- they can use this information. I may mention that I am a novice in computer and even in surfing. I need advice every time I  face a problem. Thanks.
correction. In the first line, read five items and not times. yes I have unlimited capacity to make typing mistakes in spite of having feature of spell-check.It is obvious, if this feature had not been there, I could never have thought of using internet for any purpose.
Oh, my friend you are so kind and generous of your time...I have so much respect and I have been reading your advice..trying to utilize!
I have decreased my opiate dose by 75% since dec. and because of kidney probs and other issues have taken it slow and easy to cut 2 other meds by 1/2 to as needed only..
I have peripheral neuropathy. And my nerve pain flares..have found out as in past 13 yrs that constant high doses for me do not work..actually caused more neve pain...so have been down....but am up and around now ..
I know that unlike so many on the couch, I am fortunate for now..to do this, and have nerve ablation, blocks..some help some not but I have to do something while I CAN....last sept I had a bad nerve upset and had to increase meds.. Time release opiates were hastily prescribed....much higher dose than I was on before the flare and I was stuck! I kept a diary from the first day that the pain episode began so vehemently and continued it..giving it on a usp? To my pain specialist...after 2months of hell on the time release...
By doing that, he finally took me off the time release opiates and then I told him I was going DOWN....to a level,of opiates that controlled the pain yet allowed for breakthru pain episodes...
Since march he has seen me every 2weeks. he said he did not want me to fall off a cliff...( I think he might have read some of the diary)
I should post this to couch but I owe so much to you because you, I felt, can understand..perhaps it's because I loved china, Uzbekistan,Thailand..and was exposed to some of the many methods you teach, I feel that my having the whole Accupuncture college in Chengdu, China at my call 24/7 helped to slow my nerve issues..IMy dear friend,  it's chairman and teacher, at my home within 12 hours of my many 13 hour flights and had 2hour massages 3 times a weak, walked with my Chinese friends everyday, tai chi, etc..
Blessings
hi icannot:  you know i betcha a number of us would be interested in hearing about how you cut back the opiates. Just doing a slow taper i am guessing. If so how do you keep from the lower-level-wds. What tricks or procedures helped you. Herbs---acupuncture (my youngest is one)---yoga? It would be useful to all of us chronic pain sufferers.
     In other news----how ya doin'?

om
Your valiant efforts to taper off the dosage, to change the drugs, to try acupuncture arr remarkable.You have narrated in such a way that a person can self treat, referring your notes.I am fond of Chinese meridian systems. I am an Indian , but I do like Chinese system, Chinese acupressure, Taoist yoga.Meditation on all 12+2 meridians do help to energize the whole body system.I am sure your efforts to cure your self will change your staturs from I cannot to I CAN. Namaste.
I thought that too dalubaba---to change to i can. However-----perhaps can not refers to the fact that icannot can not allow the opiates to take over! There are a lot of things that we discover we can not continue practicing as we age. And not to let them go in a negative-resistant-hesitant manner is the idea!   ?......?.......
      Want to join our group----yes you can. Make arrangements with omhome as to where to send your dues my dear.

omhome
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
ChannahBracha uploaded new photos
opus88 commented on Rusty has oral surger...
breezytoo uploaded new photos