278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
it makes me feel better when i
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
768 members

it makes me feel better when i

for today how about listing some things we can do that akways makes us feel a little better---like a walk---a shower---etc.
i'll start it off with a smile----buddha like smile of contentment----just a little smile "quicky".  HA!
c'mon now This is a good topic for us all (pain-people!-pro-actively pursuing pleasure principal)....walking slowly meditatively while smiling-breathing-chanting----hot (then cold) showers or soaks---hot tub--sauna------doing yoga----enough hints-----you guys Must Do something on purpose to feel better for a moment? Right?  Let's hear it!      

om
it makes me feel better when:
you guys Post!
Even opening the chronic pain couch is energizing. Posting is also energizing and getting reply is blissful.It is so as couch has become part of our day-routine......
I just dropped by to say hello and good morning to you all and had to put in my painful thing that makes me smile when I get to do it.  Tell someone how pretty their smile is or how well a lady looks no matter their age.  

Have a great day
AJ
You are welcome to the group. Omhom will be in a few minutes to extend his warm welcome.
I went through your profile. I wonder if you have tried acupuncture or acupressure.Meditation does work in migraine.I saw that you are interested Tai Chi. I have gone through a website of "Chair tai Chi" it also gives acupressure points for the ailments.If you go therogh previous pages, you will know what is available in this group.
well it took me more than a few minutes (thank you dalubaba for your trust in me) but hello AJ.
Oh My----no matter their age?
Could get you in trouble?
Yep! I guess that is the fun in it.
Welcome and please hang out with us for a while.
And yes----read the earlier posts and see whatcha think.

om
let's try this again group------share with us one thing you know will make you feel even just a little bit better for even just a little bitty moment. Do something sweet for an elder---anything at all---a card (real one not computer-generated please!).....
     Call----you know who you need to call and just say hi to and cheer them just a bit----spend 30min. reading! to a child---
   Can we collect top ten things to do!------today----do we even have 10 in our Group?
   Please----start the month by posting and Being with our little happy (not hippie) Cult!

om

c'mon aheart---let's see that new computer post!  Whaddaya got fer us today?
Co incidents are not accidental. If you meditate on coincidences, you will find the reason. this told by a poster in another website. In fact I do have lots of coincidences. Whenever i am thinking on certain subject, I do get that subject in surfing or somewhere else.
so dalubaba make it a coincidence to post one thing you do---a new one---tonight before sleep maybe---for the pain.
and as to what makes me feel Bad?  Wanting to just say forget it! That nobody else really wants to put any (any) energy into This is depressing. I wonder where oh where are there people who Post ? Makes me want to check out "greener pastures" .  Know what i mean?

omgoing
You have a lot to offer and the energy you send in your posts is enough to get me through the day so don't get discouraged. Pardon me for being greedy but I need the energy. You really don't want me to become suicidal do you? (JOKING!)
Remember you can't save the world but just bits and pieces of it at a time and then the bits and pieces become a whole.
Who cares what people don't have to offer on the couch, it is what they do offer that makes a difference and you are a part of that. I enjoy reading your posts and check this site daily. You are not at a loss here at this end and when no one has anything to offer that just leaves room for the rest of us that care to post and show our concern. It may only be small potatoes but that is how you create a bit pot of stew and many a stew was started in soup kitchens that fed many a person.
What makes me feel bad is when someone so dedicated to caring feels alone. How could you even think that, at least from The Mad Man's point of view.
Response of themadman is enough to make you appear in this group. I visualize this group as a treasure of Life-Lifting -Techniques. It may be used to day or after years-it does not matter.I feel that finding out something by ferreting from Internet and share it here. It will be one window system for all types of maladies of life.Let us go on , maybe at a snail's speed. Now do we meet at Your 7pm???
there must be something you do on purpose to feel a little better?   Om
what about "fun" as something to do to feel better? When i need a quick "funny" i think of milking chickens! HA!   (well it does sound fun---maybe not for the rooster!).
omhome
Watch out folks---stand back---he has an actual chicken in his hands---oh god----he is coming this way---he is yelling!!!---Don't make me do it!
If that isn't funny----see your doctor pronto!
Feel better?
om
I remember...
I was once offered to live on a farm but being a city boy...I responded...
That I was not going to get up at 4am to milk the chickens.
True story. I just got confused!!!!
its ok madman----recently they asked some city kids----pre--school thru first grade i think although could be true for teens as well-------they asked around easter time-----"Where do eggs come from?"--------and not many got it right-----the most common answer?
rabbits!

om
ok group now dang  it!  dang---what the heck is dang---heck--what the gosh-darn 9is it---gosh------you get the idea? Some fun taking apart the language--words--slang-----ooops  off subject again---what was it? Oh yeah---
Dang it---post one just one only one thing----you will do different or for fun (broaden the category)-----alright---just post something! Some thing! New.
Now.  Do it!  gosh darn it.............om
Hi omhome,

I know you posted this invitation to comment on just one thing I do for
fun. Ready - here goes. I google a variety of subjects. I love googling
different topics and learning more about them. One website usually
leads me to another website. That's actually how I found Medhelp.
I don't remember what subject I was googling, but that subject brought
me here and I' m glad it did. It depends on my mood. Sometimes I google
phrases. I'm also very interested in the origin of words. You see my parents
were both born in German so I grew up hearing and speaking German.
In school, I also learned some Latin, french and spanish, so as you can
see I'm very interested in language and the similarities among these various language.  Adieu for now.  Eve :)
   hi!  I like to do the same. Right now though i am on a train thru india--full screen relaxed touring the world----i go to you tube and "hunt" yoga stuff---ramakrishna----yogananda----ananda mayi ma!!!(check it)---Everything in the world---literally---is on you tube i am discovering----amazing---tour museums --=parks----it is all in there----have fun eve in your virtual adventures....omhome
Hi om,

I never knew until today that you can go on train rides through India or tour
museums on you tube. I can't wait to go on you tube and try some of
these virtual tours myself. I like your idea of "hunting" yoga stuff. I remember you telling me you were once a yoga instructor. Yoga is actually
something I'd like to try. I also know there are different kinds of yoga.
Which yoga would be best for me do you think keeping in mind I am a
beginner ? Have fun on your train ride and whatever other virtual adventures you find yourself in or on today. Eve

hi eve----you have quite the discoveries ahead! Tour europe! Watch old twilight zones---and find yoga classes of every kind-0---just type in yoga and watch the choices.....old history......concerts of every kind.....performers.....circuses.......Eve! Everything is in there!  Share with us your discoveries........om
herer----copy and paste this-----it's a start----check all the side-bar options----and off you go!   om

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xfs9x79b24
some fun for all-----copy and paste it   om

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grDKdmUcGig
Hi om,

Thank you for the name of the website. I've visited youtube before to
watch the occasional video, but until today I didn't realize all the
possibilities. Eve :)

possibilities:      ask for your favorite band and i bet there is a video of them-p-------dalai lama?----hours and hours of talks------if you can think of it i bet you can find it~   old tv episodes?---they are there!------it is just astounding.    omhome
Wow, I just got in touch with a military brother who I served with over 30 years ago. I am part of a veterans board and stay in touch with navybuddies.com and I have found some old friends I served with.
My buddy is going for Captain aboard a submarine duty station and I never though he would stick it out. Apparently he did and we have been in touch. Amazing to see where the years take you.
My memory is not so good and he brought up names that I had forgotten about. What a rush. I feel like I am reliving a second childhood.
good morning madman-----Hey!~ Omhome cares..........and what fun it is to be able to "spark" some old memory neurons and replay parts of our lives we thought we had forgotten about or even lost. Thanks for the reminder and i am about to try and "spark" some memories from the days of good 'ol haight-ashbury!~    
     Sometimes just a certain Smell will do the trick for me. Eucalyptus tree smells from golden gate park always works well.
omhome
Morning, Thanks for the note of recognition. Seems going back in time really 'sparks' the thinking mechanism. Dusting off a lot of cobwebs...? What memories. Young and stupid, but great times back then. The one thing I do remember is being out to sea and what the waters did to the days events. Some days choppy, other days, smooth and beautiful. Oh what great memories...?
Hi Om,

Re: May 16th comments

I just happened to read your comment this morning Sun. May 19th.
I've always wanted to hear one of the Dalai Lama's talks. I will certainly
do that. My favorite group is the Eagles and I have watched part of an
Eagle's concert on youtube. It was great. Yesterday I visited youtube
and I went on a train travel through Kerala, India. It was amazing.
There are other train trips mentioned on the website like a train trip
through Canada. I'll definitely try that one. Cheers, Eve :)
now we're talking FUN folks------and all things old and new. Some science shows that we have recorded everything that has happened to us and it is there if we can just "spark" it.
    And you tube?  ?    !!!        Everything that has happened in the world----and movies and music-----yes train rides ti europe and beyond-----africa looks good today for me----I keep being surprised!  I  watched a doors concert last night!   OK..........anybody else in this game  here on the couch----can't just watch---gotta at least say hi and feed our "posters" to keep 'em going.

omhome
good morning couch------hello there inanimate object! Where are your friends?
    So it makes me feel better when i wake up and come to the couch and there are new posts to peruse. Who wants to make me feel better?

om
nursegirl6572 commented on JGF25's status
50 mins ago
againnot commented on Feeling sad desperate...
Kikster24 commented on Why You Might Have A ...
Jul 30