278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
join a group dedicated to support for chronic pain folks?
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
768 members

I love it that cindee asked the "group members" for help and for response and support and lets make a Dedicated--
Active--Responsive--close group of us that Do "always be there" when we post seeking some contact. We each take responsibility for responding Especially To Newcomers if no one else has even just to welcome or direct them elsewhere. I don't know we can figure these things out as a group. Now---if ya say you are IN then that means keep the energy going by Posting. Whew. Well--Are Ya IN???? Omhome
You know I am---I try to get others here,but sometimes people just sort of disappear,,,,but today is real bad day for me.  I did get a few possible people but I guess they never posted...

I think , as sad as it is to admit, that when people feel better they just kind of stop following...I don't know, om, but I had so many friends on Med Help who I don't see around...I guess they are out living their lives..which is good but it's hard to keep things going....

I appreciate so much what you're doing..just could not focus today--too much back pain and husband issues....and as you can see it's 3 am here and I'm still up, so...not too good.

Maybe we need to go to other boards, health wise--I know there are several young people wjo have issues?

cindee don't worry about posting as i know you are there and will post when you feel like it. I f we could just get a solid participating group of ten or more that might give us energy to grow and help more folks feel better.
    Cindee keep practicing and when you feel like it add your word or mantra to the inhale(so e.g. inhaling saying shanti (peace) or beach or refresh)---and then just aware of the silence during the pause--no strain---and then your word (some use yes as their mantra---jai) with the exhale--or relax---and then watch from your inner observation deck that silence in the pause......ok?
    Later we will learn to expand that silent observation time (not the holding of the breath) and then learn to live from that space within!!!   omhome
Somebody Quick go buy the group some PowerBall tickets! Really i'll reimburse you but you have to share some of the $$$$500,000,000!!!!! I can't get 'em in cali. Duh.   Our first action together and we put half billion in our club kitty.  Omhome   HA!
Hi guys I am still here, I had no Internet access for 3 weeks. I'm on the east coast in Nova Scotia, and have been helping my sister leave her abusive husband. Oh my god it has been insane.  We grew up with fairly normal happy parents, so I have a hard time understanding why she stayed with this  *** hole for so long. Her poor kids, have seen a lot of crap!!
Ok I wrote a really long letter
About my pain and trying to help,  but I'm typing on an iPhone  and  most of my letter disappeared when I tried to send it!!
So I will tell you all about my realizations about life. And my gratitude for having a safe home, a great mattress and a loving husband, despite being in pain.
Wish me luck, my pain is off the charts, and I'm looking forward to going home on Saturday.
Bye, sue xoxo
so we have cindee and sue checked in to the group here. let's gather all of us here and then go from there so-------i'm gonna assume madman and dalubaba are in along with motown and ginger. Im forgetting so e but comes with the age--sorry   who else is out there?
    But check in ok?
aheart   sorry i know you're there along with maybe ivgirl?
so once everybody checks in we will start a new thread for the new group. We need a name for the group---start thinking about it---and a first sentence that will "bring them in" (and then "in the darkness bind them" from the ring trilogy!)---yeah--then we start the cult and get them to give us money and worl for us and!!!!!!oooops  sorry--getting ahead of the story there.
      So a name---a catchy intro---and class can start. Questions will be very important so ask them all the time of me and of others. First lesson picks up right after the last breath instructions and maybe we will paste them here?
A permanent ongoing live class you guys---our own coffee-house Couch.  OK?   More later hobbits.    omhome
Why not Name the group as 'OM Home Group'?. Om is universal sound produced without any friction (all sounds are produced by fiction.) Home is where you are. So You are universe surrounded by Humming of OM(AUM).
We can have this as sub group of chronic pain Couch.Om is a pious symbol revered by every Indian.There are number of articles written on OM. I think if you Google this word, you may get many websites on this Mantra.OM goes hand in hand with Hum(Pronounce as ham) Humming om generates vibrations to  energize the whole body and mind.
thank you dalubaba----i prefer not to use om as a group name and appreciate the gesture. Many use om as their mantra as it brings up only spiritual associations. And many shy away because they think it to be associated with chicken sacrifice (well we do that--to turkeys too) and with "something" against their religion while they don't know what that might be.
    Alright more suggestions please---come on we need energy and input--you want help and here it is and you are Ignoring it----it will fade away due to lack of your taking action--
    Break out of the "posting rut" i see ---this is wrong that is wrong and here is all the medical jargon and oh here is some help and support---and then around and around that same circle of same old and same old and same old rut!! Do you want Out of it into a whole new world---or stay put where you are in the rut but it is familiar and you have furnished it!!!~HA!
     A hard truth but the truth none the less. Come on---the sun is shining just above the clouds---ya just rise up a little.   Om

After posting my comment, I realize that MH may not approve this name as it is based on a member's Nick name. It may smack of propaganda of someone.
Thanks for the advice of coming out of rut.Anyway let us wait for the name for the group.Bye.............
hey  i got it!!   We'll call it "the group that could have really really helped people but they just wanted to stay in their ruts so it never happened!"  or maybe call it  "the group that was offered the real medicine for their pain but couldn't take the time to use that cure."
      Or maybe---...>>>any ideas out there?      fading  om
How about something like Taming the Tension and Pain or What to Do when you're feeling lost? or Alternative mind therapy?  or Support for pain sufferers-free no dr. required?

Just throwing it out--

Taming the Tension-Three Ts Group(Tame the Tension) Or Pain Terminator Pain Group(PTP) Group). The name should be of three or 4 words. It should include pain.Oasis Group.Oasis meaning-A situation or place preserved from surrounding unpleasantness.
here is part of a note i sent cindee---
     practice more--especially when you are feeling "ok" and not just during crisis. Deepen the "feeling" of peace as you breath and say peace (if that is your word)---just imagine peace feeling in your body--pretend--make believe you feel it even if you don't.. That "place within" you experienced for a minute or two will grow longer but you Must Practice regularly. Be gentle. Stop when you tire. Like building a muscle. First able to lift 5 lbs and with practice ten and then twenty etc. Same principle. Make the meditations more like play than work. Soon you will be drawn more and more to do it because it feels good inside!! Play with different funny words if ya want to---laugh! Chant  boogy dodo ---or poopie do or ??? Fun.  Then back to your Peace---be creative. NOW you KNOW at least that it can work (not every time yet---but some effect no matter what---better than before and not doing it eh?
more later   just practice--focus---relax--play     WHO is going to POST! omhome
Pretend to be peaceful, Yes, Fake it till you make it.This is the slogan to reach our desired state of health.
All...
I monitor this board almost every day when I can. I don't know what type of advise I can offer except support for anyone who experiences pain issues and needs support to deal with it mentally. The drugs are 'supposed' to do their part BUT I have issues with being doped up. I know mentally visual stimulation has helped me through some of the rough times and although it is only a temporary fix, it shows you what the mind can do when NOT doped up.
Just 'food for thought'....
and good "food for thought" it is madman. Hey---nothing wrong with a temporary fix---we are all "temporary" --just passing thru!!
I am willing to participate in the group. I am not very good at navigating this site.
It seems like there are not many people who are willing to answer your Q's or concerns, as I have posted quite a lot with not much of a response.
The Madman and I did communicate a little, but i think I upset him bringing  politics into our discussion. I am not going to do that anymore.....
I also try to share my knowledge and experiences as I have been through quite alot w/ my condition.

I promise to answer if someone writes back....

God Bless
i doubt you "upset" madman and of course there are no taboo subjects except belittling anyone etc.   Welcome to the fun and post away hakensak.  omhome
oh yeah---haven't seen any recent posts of yours on this site. Check it out! Let us know. What were your concerns?  Om
Just read this post and sorry for late reply. It is hard to monitor so many boards and I am not good at navigating so many issues
Hakensak, you have not upset me. I has been a pleasure chatting with you. It was not my intention to upset you in any way, please excuse if it was taken that way. You have quite a knowledgeable background to offer help and opinion and I value your information.
It is hard to keep track of so many boards and issues. I find it amazing that so many people really have something to offer. I used to be on another board but it was all about people who were dealing with their emotional problems and mixed medical issues in with emotional problems and that is a hard area to separate. It became more emotional than medical. I know there are a lot of emotional issues related to pain and medical problems but I read where people are dealing with the emotional side and want answers to real medical problems. Dealing with life is one great emotion when you read the headlines each day. Surviving that is an accomplishment.
breezytoo Pneumonia/Sepis/Hosp stay Comment
nursegirl6572 commented on JGF25's status
againnot commented on hi