278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
need advise
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
770 members

need advise

I was on 2.5 a day mainly to help me sleep and help with bp going up due to my pain medications. some people get sleepy on pain meds others get energy! well thats me! when I take my pain meds I can clean my whole house! so my doc gave me xanex to help control my bp and it worked but now I want to stop the xanex because I tapered down from my pain meds to a point that is manageable.. but sometimes not always I get a spike in my BP so not sure what to do? i've got myself down to 1.25ml of xanex from 2.5
but I'm at a stand still at this level for weeks due to my spikes in BP! I'm so confused  because I need my pain meds to manage my pain and now my bp spikes are more frequent due to my decrease in xanex use..  can anybody find me somebody to help!!!!!!!! me
there are very knowledgable folks here march but you  may get more help from the addiction--substance abuse place. Wish you well and hang around on our couch for a while. There are some real "jewels of wisdom" here that may help you with this current situation.   omhome
My BP shout up to 200. I was given alprazolam(xanex 0.25 mg) for a month. My BP become normal. and I was asked to stop xanes. The doctor said that anxiety was the cause of Higher BP. Unfortunately I developed insomnia in absence of xanex. So I had to restart xanex for insomnia.This is story of 1991. Gradually I increase the dose of xanex to 2 mg.  Now I am advised to ta,take 1Mg. of xanex and 5 mg. of zolpidine. I get sleep for about 5 hrs a night.I also take a nap of one hour in the afternoon. I started taking xanex in 1991. So I am keen to stop this drug. I am experimenting with some yoga postures which i got by Googling-yoga postures for insomnia. there are 6 yoga postures which I do before retiring. I hope to succeed with this experiment.
Excuse typos.
specialmom commented on Shannon79's status
realjimmy commented on Derealization and Dep...
specialmom commented on Barb135's status
Aug 31