278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
new chronic pain thread
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
780 members

new chronic pain thread

anyone interested in starting a new (2012!) chronic pain (chronic only) "thread" with OM? I'm 65 with chronic pain for life  and want to learn and share ways to make it easier for us with cp? I'm now using pain management forum but am tired of the butt pains etc. how about you?
ok   ok    i'm sorry! a pain in the butt IS important. Go to the pain in the butt couch!! Oh my! it is our sense of humor that can save us you guys----it is like a muscle! use it!  OM
Hi OM,
Yes I would be interested in a new chronic pain thread/post.

I am 49 (yikes, next week) and have lived in pain for 20 years, and there is no hope in site.  Managing my pain is a daily ordeal??  What do I do, or take today?  I take a med until I get too many side effects and then have to pick my next poison.  Lately It's been do I take a morphine pill or smoke my marijuana??  Not the average mom's coffee group chat!!

I know some people in the chronic pain community don't like sharing their medication info, that's ok, but I do like people to be honest in how they are really feeling and coping.

Today, I'm having a tough time because I have a bad cold.  And whenever I get sick with something else I get depressed.  Because I can't seem to cope with another problem??  My back pain is all I can handle.

And I would like any humour about pain too, it's actually a fantastic med.
Good luck Om, count me in.
Sue
hello hello hello from the land of 65yrs old!! Got the back! Got the pain! Got the drugs! Don't drink milk! I'm glad you found this sue, i was beginning to wonder if what i want to try to do with thread (or whatever u call it) would ever get off the ground. Thanks for the lift!  Really, with the pain we with CP experience it does seem that any little old straw will break the proverbial BACK!  So sue--let's try and gather some of the people who have been on this "couch--i love it) and have have given awesome advice and comfort and put some energy toward seeing just what might be possible for all of us as a group!! Maybe----first gather together on this couch and play with ideas (brain-spring-storm) and then begibn to implement them into the larger CP community. ALSO----as buddha has pointed out   there is suffering---and a way thru----shanti      OM
so i really got in trouble over on the addiction couch. i could use a second opinion sue and an honest one (i just say that cause some want to save others from any pain) so ck it out   it's omhome there too   hey  humor about pain might be something to consider as our first topic  to investigate--etc. in our new forum?       om
breezytoo commented on breezytoo's status
breezytoo commented on im tired
breezytoo commented on spider6's status