pain management
I have been referred to pain management since I have a dual compound fracture in my lower right leg and broke clavicle that neither one healed. My right foot is attached by a rod and six screws. I also broke my back and neck and most of my ribs but they all healed but left me with damaged discs and nerve damage. After my surgeries they had me on 20 mg oxycontin for 3 months but they made me hot and naseuated so I asked for smaller and was given 5/325 percocets. I am now on disability so no need to leave my house but for doctors appts. and once a week grocery shopping. The crutches rock my broken clavicle and the walking on crutches set my leg in fits, so on those days I have to take 2 tablets every 4 hours and the day after wards 1 tablet every 4 hours. Other than that as long as I stay in bed I only use 2 a day because I afraid of getting dependant on them, so I put up with the pain. Now that I been refered to a pm clinic that doctor refuses to give me just 30 percocets but wants me to take 20 mg of methadone tablets twice a day but then will give me my 30 percocets for breakthrough pain. I filled the prescription for methadone hcl but I am afraid to take it reading on this site about withdrawl and the hell people go throught cause they build up a tolerance. Is it worth it to take the methadone for chronic pain or just fill prescription to get my pain pills which I can only take as needed? I think of methadone as junkies standing outside clinics in early morning on my way to work waiting for it to open cause they needed not to get sick and it scares me and I cant control taking it just as needed. The doctors says I can have morphine If I don't want the methadone but have to take one of the long lasting ones before he will give me 30 5/325 percocets. AQny advice from someone that has already been on these meds? Thanks scared and confused
It is true that anybody in your position would be in a dilemma.I am sure someone who has the experience, will advise you accordingly.I wonder, to pass time, would you like to do breathing exercises. You may google for calmimg breathing exercises. This will help you to pass your time and may help you to tolerate pain.This situation might serve to distinguish mind, body and sensation.Wish you best of luck. Namaste.
welcome and i think you may find some help at the addiction--substance abuse etc. forums---there are several---many older posts there discuss just what you are wanting to know---good luck.  And do hang out and read here for a while----might surprise you. Again---Welcome   om
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
specialmom commented on Green Tea and Green T...
Dec 08
Sonyaxo commented on MY cuz
Dec 05
drifter0213 commented on MY cuz
Dec 04