278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
pain management
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
788 members

pain management

I have been referred to pain management since I have a dual compound fracture in my lower right leg and broke clavicle that neither one healed. My right foot is attached by a rod and six screws. I also broke my back and neck and most of my ribs but they all healed but left me with damaged discs and nerve damage. After my surgeries they had me on 20 mg oxycontin for 3 months but they made me hot and naseuated so I asked for smaller and was given 5/325 percocets. I am now on disability so no need to leave my house but for doctors appts. and once a week grocery shopping. The crutches rock my broken clavicle and the walking on crutches set my leg in fits, so on those days I have to take 2 tablets every 4 hours and the day after wards 1 tablet every 4 hours. Other than that as long as I stay in bed I only use 2 a day because I afraid of getting dependant on them, so I put up with the pain. Now that I been refered to a pm clinic that doctor refuses to give me just 30 percocets but wants me to take 20 mg of methadone tablets twice a day but then will give me my 30 percocets for breakthrough pain. I filled the prescription for methadone hcl but I am afraid to take it reading on this site about withdrawl (withdrawal) and the hell people go throught cause they build up a tolerance. Is it worth it to take the methadone for chronic pain or just fill prescription to get my pain pills which I can only take as needed? I think of methadone as junkies standing outside clinics in early morning on my way to work waiting for it to open cause they needed not to get sick and it scares me and I cant control taking it just as needed. The doctors says I can have morphine If I don't want the methadone but have to take one of the long lasting ones before he will give me 30 5/325 percocets. AQny advice from someone that has already been on these meds? Thanks scared and confused
It is true that anybody in your position would be in a dilemma.I am sure someone who has the experience, will advise you accordingly.I wonder, to pass time, would you like to do breathing exercises. You may google for calmimg breathing exercises. This will help you to pass your time and may help you to tolerate pain.This situation might serve to distinguish mind, body and sensation.Wish you best of luck. Namaste.
welcome and i think you may find some help at the addiction--substance abuse etc. forums---there are several---many older posts there discuss just what you are wanting to know---good luck.  And do hang out and read here for a while----might surprise you. Again---Welcome   om
specialmom commented on photo
12 mins ago
specialmom commented on specialmom's status
1 hr ago
specialmom I am so tired. I would li... Comment
1 hr ago