278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
what will you do to have some fun today?
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
788 members

What is the last thing you did on purpose just for fun? And what are you going to do today to have a little fun/pain relief? Have we forgotten all about fun?
and i just  wondered what is the definition of "fun"? Can it be had at another"s expense......it often is it seems.....can you just have "some" anytime ya want?
What a thought. To bring a smile to the morning.
That takes more thought than 'decisions' of the day. The 'decisions of the day' require purpose and results whereas a smile for the day only requires the thought and the smile.
What fun will I have today?
Playing with my cat, is a start. To watch her with her toys and me without mine.
I have so many things to do today but can't find the time to have some fun in it. I really think I should ask the cat about having fun in the day.
Alice in wonderland, where are you?
friskiness and to frolic are two of the gazillion definitions of fun----so the cat-play  qualifies as Fun.
     I just had fun looking up that word at the freedictionary-----check it out it will make you laugh just reading the defs. and the synonyms .
     Think of the chemistry that goes on in the body-----the neuronal "packets" of meds to make you feel what?  Frisky? Wanna frolic? have a little "fun" with our endorphins?  

Come on group and let's have some fun on our couch for a while. Whaddaya say?   How 'bout Yes Yes Yes (someone actually told me i should stop saying saying yes yes yes!  ?  ).........
Join In The Fun.
JITF!

om
i am thinking i could post "what are you doing today that keeps you from having some fun?". One of my favorite things is to sit and worry!   No kidding.  I just saw that earlier and flashed "what i'm doing is etc..".  I worry.  Not much fun......accomplishes nothing....zilch....nada.......but it makes sure i am not having fun.  So----gotta stop that.   Replace it with fun.    Will do.    omhome
alright: for today i am going book hunting at the second hand book stores and second hand stores in general. I check out yards sales sometimes---this weekend for sure---i am out of my favorite past-time  drug    a book!  Spirit Book.  Looking for a treasure---simple pleasure!
i am calling mom today.......
and i will ask
what are you doing
for fun
today
?

happy day to the mommas
of our group
om
Yesterday I received an envelope marked 'pictures' from a friend of mine. On the inside the envelope is marked "Please sit down before opening this'???
Now I had a fire, many years ago and lost a lot of my pictures so this was a surprise.
I opened it to find a 5x7 picture of my boot camp picture, and pictures of my friends graduation before I went into the military. The long shaggy hair and skinny face really shocked me,
I don't have too many people to pass this on to, but the ones that I will pass them on to will not believe I looked this way.  I know I don't! That will be my fun for the day and to read their comments. I am sure they might have some pics in return. My navy buddy gave me pictures of my first wedding (which I had lost over the years) and that was a shocker for both of us. The memories we talked bout....I was married for 13 years the first time and the first 7 were the best. The parties we has were just unbelievable. Many a good time was had by all. What a smile it brings.
Now I have pics that go back even further. What no one has pics of me in diapers? (Lets not go there!)
I still have my hair which most of the people in my family had lost. Don't think I could wear my hair long again like back then. Too old and annoyed with long hair for me. How do women do it?
What a hoot to see these pics again. At least someone else remembers and they can help me with my memory. Unbelievable!
I just saw a movie that had me laughing throughout the whole movie. The movie was called Fatal Instinct and I am trying to find a way to watch it again. It had a lot of comedy but kinda of dated for the time but worth the laugh. Will give an update when I see it again.
i am gonna watch you tube video of george carlin today----again----i stumbled across them yesterday.  They do make me laugh-----eve!----get your mom to laugh as often as you can-----good 'ol endorphins .  Laughing makes endorphins . We need all we can get.
om
FUN ALERT!!!
Everybody!  Kinetic bizarre beautiful mobile kinetic sculptures racing on day 2!  This a.m.---entering the Bay!~!!  YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS. if this link works> Paste it and tell me it does.   This is work a look you guys.

http://kiem-tv.com/live
A little bit choppy but fun to watch.
A lot of colorful characters.
I am jealous of all the work they do, wish I could do that.
Looks like a lot of work went into this Kinetic energy program and it looks like a lot of fun although a lot of work for some of the people who are trying to make this energy work for them.
Enjoyed it. What a hoot!
it goes on tomorrow madman---yes--0-the madneesssss continuessssss.!
              !          !          !          !          !          !          !          !

om          om          om          om          om          om          om
remember fun?
So....how to have some today?
Or did you leave it behind you as you became an "adult"......?
Do you even want to have it anymore?
Where does the pain go when we are having fun?
When is the last time you set out to deliberately getcha some?
Fun?  What is it?
om
I thought were were adding new topics here but it seems the members are limited so I guess we will just have to invent our own topics (if only for distraction method to keep our mind off the pain for just a moment in time).
I would love to see new topics here.
Maybe things like...
Why did you name your animal the name you did?
Has your doctor ever told you a joke?
While waiting to see the doctor, have you ever spoken to another patient and pain relief?
I am running out of ideas here but maybe a few members could chime in, after all, the purpose of the board is to support ANY ideas including laughter.
Might be worth the thought?
To day I learned, Head mudra- it is for insomnia.
Join the tips of thumb,index finger and the middle finger. Keep the tip of ring finger on the crease of the thumb. Small finger will remain straight.  Yes i practiced it just to pass time. This activity is better than any heavy workout.

Hello Dalubaba,

This is an interesting activity but how does it help insomnia ?
Just wondering. Eve :)

Today I'm having lunch with two of my closest friends. Coincidentally, they
are both named Lynne. I have known each of these women for many years.
One of the women called Lynne I have known since highschool which is
over 30 years. We were friends when her son was born. He's now 19 years
old. My other friend, Lynn, I have known for 17 years. Here's where the
fun part comes in. We're all teachers. So we have lots of stories to share
and laugh about. We try and meet once a month for lunch. Lynn and I are
both retired and don't work anymore. My friend Lynne still works as she's
helping her son who is now in university with his tuition, rent etc. We always
have a wonderful time together. Lots of fun, lots of laughing, lots of sharing.
I am jealous eve. Sounds like the best fun in the world. Friends!                       Do you ever think to go and teach (or volunteer) again?
The message in reply to your question, is wiped out by quirk of the computer and over zealousness of MH for (Asking for logging). In brief, it is hand and finger position one do with meditation or without it. Acupressure and paths of energy are affected by hand and finger positions. Mudras are almost equivalent to postures(asanas) However mudras are ignored even by yogins.there are 55 mudras. 7 are for meditation and others are for healing.Big Head Mudra(Maha Sir Mudra) helps in insomnia. Yogins design these mudras by trial and error method. This must be 5000 years old methods. I have not come across the scientific trial report so far.You may Google Mudras. There are many websites.
While designing mudras, the following percepts are kept in mind.  
There are five elements with which every thing is formed. Five elements are fir, space, air, earth and water. Thumb represents fir, index finer represents space, middle finger represents air, ring finger represents water and small finger represents earth.there might be some confusion about water and earth fingers.the element is increased if the top of the thumb touches the top of the finger and the element is reduced when the top of the finger touches the root of thumb. This is a brief mechanics of working of mudras.Deep surfing can give correct picture of mudra-science.

It is the best fun in the world. The three of us had such a wonderful lunch
yesterday, laughing and sharing stories. It's great to be able to spend
time with two of my favorite women friends. I so look forward to these lunches. One of the reasons I chose to retire is so
I can spend more time with my mom who is handicapped. I'm also able
to bring her to any appointments she needs to go to. She doesn't drive
anymore. Now that I'm retired, I spend every afternoon with her. I also
help doing various things in her home. She has someone coming in twice
a week to help her with some things too. My mom has done so much for
me, now I feel it's my turn to help her. As for returning to teaching, it's
a possibility in the future. I might supply teach. We'll see.
I miss having lunch and fun with my Girlfriends. We've seem to have lost touch with one another over the years. With me being in the state of mind that I was in the last few years, it's a wonder that I have any friends left at all.

Today I am going to finish pulling the weeds out of my gardens. It doesn't sound like much fun and most think it isn't but it's peaceful. Listening to nature rather than my Husband is a blessing on any given day.
i love weeds.....and here i am curious again---Why is a plant (often a useful herb or medicine) given such a negative word to describe it. Nasty weed. Kill those dandelions! Fight with them. They eat your "crops".

I like weeds! My mind is full of them! HA!

om
Yeah, my Husband likes weeds too.... Why? because he doesn't have to pull or use the weed eater on them... " The less work there is, the better for me"
is his latest trend.

Most of my girlfriends are teachers. I retired three years ago
from teaching primary grades for 30 years. Two of my girlfriends are
also recently retired. One of my friends is a woman I've known and
kept in touch with since high school. We know each other really well.
Another friend I met in a drama course I took one summer. We're still
the best of friends and have been for 19 years. I have another friend
whose still teaching and I've known her for 5 years. The two other
girlfriends of mine who are now retired are close friends and we have
decided to meet at least once a month. It's very therapeutic too because
we all know each other so well and we help each other solve problems
and share lots of stories. They're real friends. When I went through a
depression more than 10 years ago, they were there for me and that
to me is a true friend. That's also when you found out who your real
friends are. Friends who are there for you in your darkest days and who
try to cheer you up and support you.
I like doing peaceful things too and listening to nature. Early in the morning
I like to listen to the robins and cardinals that like to frequent our garden.
I hope you have a good day. Eve
your husband and i would make a great team mollyrae.....work is  a four-letter word!  Play is the thing to focus on at this stage of the game.
om
Many of my Friends were drinking buddies back in the day...I stopped drinking in 2007 and guess what? I lost all of them with the exception of 2. I was not interested in hanging out at Bars at that point nor was I the life of the party anymore. It's strange how after one stops drinking just how absolutely stupid they sound when they are drunk. Don't get me wrong, I have no problem hanging out with others that are drinking...just not the loud ones. As long as they can maintain their composure I'm alright with it all.

Your Friends sound amazing to say the least. You are a very lucky Girl.
They can be stupid but if they maintain composure........if only they did but the alcohol de-composes their brain cells one at a time until that is not possible.
And alcohol is legal and is glorified and advertised.
     So exclude alcohol from the fun equation and whaddaya got left groupies? Real life! That's right! Real life is fun. Take a breath---fun. See a child---fun. Love-----Fun.
     What are ya doing today----on purpose?
beethoven----all day today!     ode to joy is on right now........a texan listening to classical?   oh joy!

omjoy
Gee,  I remember my drinking years. (most of them anyway)
When I started on the heavy pain medication, I realized it did not mix with the fun times. The 'friends, well they were all drunks anyway and I was just another drunk to add to the mix. I didn't miss the friends but missed the high I got from the booze. Oh well.
When I started arguing with cops who just wanted to harass me, I decided it was time to stop the booze with my pain medication. Now those were fun times!
Bored and doped up was a way of life for me for quite some time. Sleeping a lot, not sure of what I was doing, weird dreams, wake up in the middle of the night to figure our where I was etc. I liked the drinking days better.
Now I am drug free, booze free, have no life, bored to tears, find the cat more entertaining than the TV and still have pain but such is life I guess?
My favorite thing to do is to crank up my electric music, just enough for the neighbors to hear it. I like to blast Yannie, John Tesh and a few other numbers to keep the neighbors on their toes.
One reason why they call me The Mad Man...?
bad! man r u bad!
bad!  u r a badman!
madman

omglad
That means good...right? Thank you, I think?
With today's English, I am not sure when I get a compliment and when I am being bad?
My neighbors don't complain but then again I used to be the apartment manager here so is that bad?
I am just having a madcap crazy day, I think?
yeah----from "rad"  means good right?
and "bad" means good?
and i am "mad" about you is good?
I got it! Let's put a new one "out there" ok?
Zad!  so zad i could cry-laugh----
hey....some pretty bad zad you posted today. Rad! You Cad!

omsilly
meegWpaw commented on photo
breezytoo commented on photo
meegWpaw commented on photo