278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
where are our goddesses----our devis----- our women group members?
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
774 members

where are the women "posters" HA!----the goddesses of our little cult these days? We need the feminine voice to balance this "starting to look like a men's club!" group. Where ya at---where ya been---whatcha doin'?
And what is wrong with the men's club that have so much to learn? Testosterone goes a long way when used correctly? Now you all have reason to debate this issue,don't you?
I make a joke here so don't take my comments seriously. I am just another male who has learned a "LOT" from the female gender and I could not be the same without it.
hey---ya know---my mother was one of Them!  
And for some reason  "men's group" always sends me running. Doesn't sound right.   Men's Team---now that's ok. Men's Room----normal.
Can't be born without one.
Now----maybe that will spark up the debate you so craftily offered.
And you are not just another male---trust me.  You are The Mad Man Yes ya are.    om
we better not push this  "stimulus" too far my Male friend------i can see it now "The Mad-Male-Om Group" !!     OmMan
Pain is pain. It has not gender.Th resold of pain, may be higher with female. Their experience and advice can help many members.A question pops up- Are we doing something wrong discourages members -male and female- discourage to participate.
It is also true that other pain groups are also not vibrant. I may even mean that forum cannot help in reducing pain.  
In absence of proper response, let us continue to search and write self improving method and make a bible of  self improvement. I am sure a time will come that members will flock together and read the techniques under one roof.
great idea dalubaba----i am in.
i think a lot of folks are looking to help someone else---they scan the posts for that and we are a [pro-active group with positive focus ----perhaps they feel they have nothing to contribute?  If they are looking for help it is already there in our many posts and threads---they find something and move on,
    I re-call some say " wow i found it ---this is what i was looking for!" and then they disappear.  Oh well----let'e do what ya said dalubaba---thank you.
maybe someone could tell us what we need to do to get more members---more energy--?  Anybody----any women want to straighten us guys out as to what we can do better?
omhome
It is not a rhetorical question my female friends! Why is it so rare for you to post anymore---just takes a minute---really--i timed it!  Give us a clue---as dalubaba has asked "are we doing something wrong?".   Or is it just that you find no one "needy" here to nurture and help---so you go elsewhere.
      I hate to say this but some sites i see are full of gossip and whining and endless descriptions of all that is "wrong" with them! It gets depressing just reading that stuff. And we are offering a group that talks about everything "right" we can do for the pain. We focus on positive! And intend to keep it that way.
Ok----looking for a response here----don't make me tell the real Truth. It is too "positive" and "you can't handle the truth"!

well guys---if that doesn't get some attention--we are on our own. HA!
omwonder
From what I have read of some other posts, many people want answers to medical questions. A lot of thee questions cannot be answered. Each situation is different. I know my medical problem are different than anyone else and it take my doctor to answer my question. I avoid any questions that don't relate to a medical situation. The common sense thing to do, is call the doctor for answers.
I understand what a support group is, I have been to many. I find them beneficial to the psychological state of mind that can create a positive energy. Although many people do not recognize a positive energy, the state of mind is what creates this positive energy. Life is constantly bombarded with negativity that we wake up to each day. That only create depression and fear in our daily life. Ask any cancer patient how to survive.
For me, knowing I can share in a positive outlook on life is a start for me. Each day for me can be painful and develop into different causes. How to get through that day and put the pain to rest is the start of my day. The mind is a strong benefit to negative bombardment. You create what you can benefit from.
If the interest isn't there, the negativity is because mot people do not believe in a positive energy. That is their loss. Life is tough enough but one hell of an education to survive. That for me is the challenge and one of the best challenges I have every known. From there it is all up hill unless you want to take it down to what you live with each day without doing something about it. Take it or leave it for what it is worth. Now debate that people?
i think you hit the nail on the head madman----they are looking for answers to medical problems ---i mean --"medhelp!" for god's sake----right in front of me and i missed it! Clear as day...and just that---medical help----npot spiritual advice---not "weird" things to do for pain----not "yoga" for sure!
     the few we attract are open to that and surprised that this group even exists!  So i get it.  I had just thought that folks in pain would be a group looking for anything at all to help.  I doubt there is a functioning "spiritual"  or "positive energy"  place out there.    Is there one anybody knows of that is active??
   So, again---dalubaba is right that we could gather "good stuff" for folks to reference when they come a lookin'.

omlove
There are no women here because they are to tough to hang out and "gab" about pain!
As a testosterone recipient, I will never argue with an answer like that! I KNOW BETTER!
(you should go to some of the other web sites and see what the women are gabbing about there - not a kind word to say).
I have been put in my place (for now) but always willing to listen and enjoy what I learn. Thanks for the education.
shinty----read thru our posts and tell me again how we "gab" about pain?  I see "gab" about solutions and positive feelings and spiritual practice---perhaps you are projecting? The pain"gab" when it  occurs is usually of a compassionate nature.
Read again with an open mind and see us in a different light
thank you for posting shinty and join us for a while on our couch
omhome
Hello Gentlmen, well I might be a goddess but definitely not a diva lol

I'm sorry I bailed on you yesterday, I had an unexpected appointment at the bank. We are trying to qualify for a mortgage to purchase a country property that I've had my eyes on for the last 3 years!  The owners are getting desperate so they just dropped the price by $150,000. so now we can afford to carry it. As long as the bank approves us.  Oh my god it is quite exciting, busy and stressful all at the same time, so I haven't slept in a few nights.
So if we are approved, you probably won't hear from me for a few weeks, as I get our home ready to list.

Wish me luck, it is such a peaceful property backing onto a river and wood lot. It also has a yoga studio on the property. Wow, I hope the stars line up for me.

Talk to you later, Sue
while i am not quite sure how getting ready to list keeps you from taking two minutes to say hi-----i do wish you godspeed and that the stars do line up for you as you sound so positive right now and that is awesome sue.    Good luck---omhome
ok mr. shinty---we can take an insult--- you know that gab means "to scoff---to mock---idle chatter!--about trivial subjects" and etc.   madman is right---very negative---from a  mind it seems which is indicative of pain--=-sorry you feel so negative----stay and read up and welcome---really---join the group and pitch in and help where ya can my man.    Omhurt
remember---negative comments from others (shinty e.g.) are welcome as a lesson of what we must try and not do as a group---- let us not be negative to other fellow pain-folks (we just don't need it) and let us return compassion for those whose own pain causes them to make such comments. Yes yes yes. Whaddaya say? Yes yes yes. welcome again shinty---omhome
remember this shinty---and the welcome you got?  Were we just "gabbing"?
Please do not insult this group any further ok.    

Alright goddesses back to our conversation!  You are just playin hard to get huh?  A good game! A good distraction from our pain. Thanks for being part of our group-----men (not gods--sorry--not yet--still a few tests ya know) we have some work to do. Dalubaba--when you wake up--see what light you can shine on us. Again my friend. Madman---you show wonderful restraint----more than me!  Thanks everybody.   Omhome
alright now my beloved group---don't leave me hanging out here by myself. Either lift me up---or cut me down---but DO something other than just letting things fizzle out over time!  
Your voice is heard. A focus on what we can do for the day is something that can be offered in light of a 'bulb that only tuns off'...
That being said, a day with rain still has a purpose. A day with thunder only creates noise but scares many an animal. A day with the sun shining creates a warmth that generates a reason for the rest of the days events to follow.
It is cloudy out here today and somewhat cold for me today. Does that mean I can turn on the heater and make it a better day. No it only means that the electric company get paid a little more.
Just food for thought????
I'm sorry you feel insulted. I was only kidding with my "gab" comment.  I try to use humor whenever I can. Obviously it was taken the wrong way. I will try to clarify what i meant to say------ Someone asked why there wasn't any women here. It's known that some women like to gab, but us "tough" men don't gab. So what i was saying was this-  there aren't any women here because they are to "tough" to sit here and "gab' about their pain. I hope this explains this to everyone. If it doesn't then oh well-I tried. Again, i didn'y mean to offend anyone with my "humor". I just realized that five of the "negative" posts are from the same person, makes me feel a little better.
.
I often hear a phrase' a gift of the gab' I always thought that is positive.We are not philologists. so any discussion on semantic interpretation is redundant. we interject lot of words which may have dual meaning. we may not mean negate flavor. Once I used chronic poster.   I never meant any thin negative. If we become finicky about minor thing, there can no group. It would be crowd. You have set a tone of humor in our group. You have made the environment lighter in a serious group.
I understand we follow a yes mantra. Let us not include 'no' into it.
Reading your comments makes me wonder. Are we being sexist here? Men gab also. They just gab about these conquests. Does that sound familiar?
Let's all move on with the issue at hand here. I put my two cents worth in and don't need to comment any further. I apologize for my comments if they offend anyone including the testosterone types. I am included in the testosterone types also. I gab and I know it. I just try not to make it my public business. Thank you for listening and learning.  
It seems we have typed the our messages simultaneously. Quite a coincidence.All is well.
When you settle in your yoga house, do invite us all.
Thank you for asking. Things are well for me and doing better. I am staying as active as I can with walks every other day and very happy with my new pm doctor. He is not forcing any drugs on me, listens to what I ask and treats accordingly. Hopefully the weather will be a little warmer and I can do some work out on my patio. Spring planting season. Look forward to new plants playing with the soil and watching the beauty of life unfold. Great way to start the morning.
i am sorry shinty . You can say whatever you like however you want to say it. Not my place to correct you.   om
Your attitude is super positive. Your doctor appears to be full of empathy.It is rare to find such a cooperative doctor.If they just hear the patient compassionately, most of the agony of the patient is reduced. A funny situation;I went to a new ophthalmologist for a second opinion on the subject of cataract operation. He examined me, then he tells me 'First let me tell you everything, do not ask any question in between, when finish telling you, you can ask any question.' He spoke is such a sing-song way, I could immediately judge that he must asking every patient to do the same. I asked him why? He says I lose my link about  your case. I asked him How about my link?They are not prepared to hear anything. I am sure if they behave well and explain everything to a patient, I am sure there would not be any forum and lot many questions. I spent my whole life with doctors as I was in sales of pharmaceuticals,canvasing for my company for 37+10 yrs. Though I have many doctors as friends, and i have many doctors in my family, I do not have a good opinion of medical profession.They are puffed up with pride.Sorry for"hyperventilating'
Thanks for the thoughts. Understanding your background, I have dealt with many pharmaceutical salesmen who want to 'catch' the doctors attention in the middle of the day. I have see this countless times but obviously these were new salesmen to the area. After speaking to the nursing staff and the doctors, they advised, the best time to talk to the staff is early morning and make it short. I passed this on to the salesman who were willing to listen and the results were beneficial to both parties.
As an administrator who had to wear many hats, I really took on a heavy job but it was most gratifying and educational.
Some doctors are just 'closed in' to what they think they know and are not willing to open the door to new possibilities. I had the pleasure of firing on doctor for his treatment of patients. His callous regard became noticed by staff and the patients suffered because of this idiot doctor.
I have had a few rounds myself with doctors but have also met a few doctors that are willing to listen to the patients concerns. These are the true professionals and I make sure I write to the hospital director acknowledging this doctors accomplishments with patients.
I have known my family doctor for over 30 years and he has advised me to search out of the hospital he works at (off the record of course) because of the limited education of some of the staff there. Because of that advise, I have received a more professional doctor who actually listens to patients concerns and thankful for the advise I received. What an education I have received all the way around. Kept me going!
alrighty men enough of us "gabbing" HA!
We might have to tell some sexist jokes to get their attention. Please ladies!
Don't force our hand.
om
I hear that men passing a kidney stone is much like a women giving birth.
Any comparison out there to talk about?
Villagers - Father and Son were looking at a mulch-storied in a city. The Father saw an old woman entering a lift. The life cane down and a young woman came out of the lift. The father asked his son to bring his mother to the city so that he can send her in the lift and receive her back as a young woman.
if i am that father i am gonna be the one getting in the lift! Hello?
yes, I did not think about this double advantage. Yes, It is very correct, otherwise there will be an imbalance. It is warning to all except me as I am a widower.
i didn't say to put his wife in the lift!
At the age 82 one is apt to misunderstand. Joke is joke. My misunderstanding is also a joke.
Hi omhome,

So, you're looking to hear from the feminine voice. You guys are not
doing anything wrong on this forum. Please don't resort to sexist jokes
to get our attention. I'm new to this website, so I'm finding it interesting
looking at all the forums that are available on the entire website and
there are many. I joined the chronic pain couch as a member because
my mom has chronic pain as a result of a very bad fall she had about
eight years ago. It's especially frustrating for her because the doctor's
cannot figure out what is wrong with her. Anyway, now you've heard
why I joined this forum. As her daughter, I am trying to help her in any
way I can. Hope you're having a good day. Eve :)
nursegirl6572 "Patience is the calm accep... Comment
Sep 16
nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status
Sep 16
chesbeach joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 13