278?1253665060
The Chronic Pain Couch User Group
would you like to help me begin a positive thread to brighten up our da...
About This Group:

This is a great site for anyone suffering from Chronic Pain or has a Family member or Friend who suffers. A place where you can tell your story, find others with similar conditions or pain, help someone in need, read up on the latest Chronic Pain treatments or simply sit for a while. Chronic Pain as we all know can be debilitating and relentless. It is not prejudice in any way, shape, or form. It can strike without warning and stay for life. The Chronic Pain Couch is a place designed for your comfort, and please note.. You don't have to suffer from chronic Pain to be a part of this community, we offer a variety of other topics as well. I truly hope that you will come and join us. And remember, there is never a need to worry whether or not your post has been read, a member or myself (Molly) are generally available to read and respond to all posts that come our way...... We are always here for you. Together We CAN Make A Difference in each others lives and how we manage day to day in coping with our relentless pain. Warmest regards, Mollyrae, founder of The Chronic Pain Couch.

Founded by Mollyrae on September 22, 2009
770 members

would you like to help me begin a positive thread to brighten up our days?

I am hoping to start an uplifting and encouraging positive place for us to share those things that help us each day. there are plenty of places for explaining and complaining (some venting definitely helpful) but let's have one place for
good thoughts   sharing   caring  you get the picture. C'mon  let's give it a shot. Maybe attract some more folks to this site!! What so ya think ???Yes    om   yogadon
Your intentions are very good. I am sure many members will come out to give help and to get help to brighten their lives. It will be attractive if each posting is accompanied with some technique for relieving pain or to become friendly with our own body.As we remain more with our mind, we lose communication with our body and we fail to understand the message given by our body.Our sub -goal should be how to communicate with our body..Dalubaba.
Well nice to see something like this. I know living with pain is the pits but keeping the mind busy helps the mind focus on something else. I know for me, it is music and stupid TV. I watch shows that involve solving mystery's. I like to try and solve the mysteries before they get solved by the actor. Music is also another distraction that I enjoy. I love to crank up my music and it takes me to a whole different world. Amazing when you enjoy it. Try it and see what you notice.
Great idea...
I like to get lost on the web reading stories of others seems to motivate me. Sounds corny but as madman said music i pick a different flavor each day, Jazz, Rock, Todays hits,The Classixs, RnB... you get the picture if nothing more at least 30min blared singing top of my lungs, hopefully no one is in ears reach of me because I cant saying. But getting the oxygen move in waking up metal cards activating the brain cells it helps. My family also like to do what we call screem Sarah p we all sit around cover our ears and scream as loud as we can for as long as we can and the last 1 standing is the winner this helps bring oxygen to all of your pores when you are done your skin is tingling and your throat is hurting so bad you have forgotten for a moment or 2 about the other pain. Plus makes everyone in the family laugh and the neighbors wonder what the heck are they doing. I also like to scrapbook I take a lot of pictures it seems that that is my link to the world lately. I like to print amount an add some flavor. I can do this laying on the couch sitting in the easy chair or at the table wherever my body will allow and the good thing is that it all goes in a box and sits in a corner when I can't attend to it. And when I can is still there waiting for me same as I left it. Hope this helps let's keep it going what else you got!  
Laughter is a good exercise as well as treatment. If one cannot laugh loudly, exhale doing ha,ha,ha (without sound), pressing middle finger, keeping time with Ha,Ha. This is equally effective as loud laughter. This is called cosmic laugh. Reference a book on Centic(sentic)cycle.Author?
Centic cycle is a guided instruction to pass through all 7 emotions mentally and press the middle finger on a cushion.The negative energy passes through the middle finger.This is tried on number of patients.
ok you guys here is a pastime you might like to try! Remember that laughter-humor really is the best medicine--as tested by science and by we who suffer--when we are laughing we are not crying--a smile feels better than a frown---so here it is

This is a story about how my grandparents thrived during the great depression by being very creative and resourceful. Lately there has been so much negative economic news and i would like to offer you readers and Times-Standard supporters a way to make a Very Good Living (more to follow about all the capitals!) by using some of our own local "stuff". Yes and bees. Here is why so many people want hives in their backyard. Or two hives!
-       My Grandaddy did it with bees. G'Pa saved our family from the pangs of outrageous depression (really, this is not much ado about nothing). And how did he do it?  I can't hear you?! Oh! Well he did it with late night--way late--radio ads. That's right. G'Pa invented the whole "But Wait There's More" sales technique! And what did he sell? I can't hear you (of course not don you got stung too many times.) He sold Very Special Beeswax!  
       We made this BW at home by a simple process my G'Pa taught me under Super Strict Security because the main ingredient that sold the product was---well---uhmmm--Medicinal as hell! And it wasn't illegal yet. Perfect Storm. More about that secret but first the process.
        You start with really healthy happy bees. They are gonna hafta work 24/7 if you want a lot of wax because it builds up in direct proportion to hours worked. But it gets dark you say (yeah i hear voices over the buzzing in my ears don't you)? Yes it gets too dark to work. And here comes my Texas Bred Grandaddy's Genius$$$--(-i did mention Texas before didn't i?). He crossed his bees with some Texas Lightning Bugs with great big 'ol 2 watt butts. He just replaced the bees stinger butts with the lightning bugs light-bulb butts. We've all looked closely at these bugs' butts haven't we? One tiny connector thingy right? Nothing to it.
       So now the bees can work all night and important for Humboldt they can work in the fog
because they now have foglights!  The wax just builds up like crazy. The bees are heavy with it! But you have got to have a safe and healthy way to collect all that wax from those tiny bees. And this is where my Texas Bred Grandaddy"s Genius kicks in again.
       I know you think that all you have to do is scrape off the honey and collect the wax. Well there you go thinking again partner! It is not that kind of wax. Not so simple. Not so easy. My G'pa sold late night radio Beeswax gleaned from the tiny little (i know) baby teeny ears of those Happy Texas Lightning Bees. And he used us children to collect it. Carefully! With Very Special Padded Tweezers to gently hold each of the happy tiny bees while you scooped out the golden wax with a Very Special Scoop. These very special products were only sold on the radio (hypnotically-barely-awake late night radio). But wait! There's more.
       Once you collect the wax you combine it with the secret ingredient. C'mon Humboldters-(-or something like that). I  have to pause for another couple of stings.  When these happy bees sting you you get what we keepers call "stunged".  Medicinally- only- stunged! The origin of the song Let's Go Get Stunged. The Very Special Secret? Yes! Those Lightning Bees were all lit up and Happy Bees because they were busy bathing and basking and breathing in Humboldt's finest pollen. Then heading over to Mad River to burp and belch a few brews. But Wait!  I did mention Texas before didn't I?  
in my above posting i talked about sentic cycle. The author is Dr.Manefred Clynes. If you google Sentic cycle there will be plenty of websites on sentic cycles. Music, laughter, emotions- all will be involved in making your life stress free. I had read this book in seventies. I just remembered when i read about music and laughter in the above posting.  I feel that "sentic cycle" is Panacea-therapy for ills of human being. I was surprized to see many websites on sentic cycles. Please navigate those sites and give feed back here. Many of our members will be benefited.
alright everybody it is a stupid story but i am not very good at jokes or stories. just an effort to distract for a minute---i bet it worked for that even if you said "What?" so   one of you be brave and try it yourself or som e more clapping---yelling loud (i love this one)---laughing on purpose even if you don't feel like it---  hey     your turn!!   om
I have a funny story or at least it is to me.
I was taking care of a veteran who had lung cancer related to Agent Orange. We went to visit his mother in Sacramento and stopped in a church.  He was in a wheelchair because of oxygen related problems. The church started getting crowded with services going on so we headed for the front door to get out but found steps to go down and I asked the vet if he could handle the stairs. He said yes he could, so we proceeded. Now this mans mother was VERY religious. My friend rose from his wheelchair and announced to all around, 'Look it is a miracle, I can walk'...
Needless to say, the was shock out of his mother face but it broke a moment of silence and added some laughter of us as we left. This man had a sense of humor even till his dying day and would always create something to smile about. I sadly miss him but have many happy memories of the laughter he brought. The stories could go on but some memories I want to keep private. I was very proud to share this mans life and have the laughter memories to prove it.
Here is another story I can share about this veteran. His name was Doc (nickname). Because of taking in too much oxygen from the tanks Doc passed out. I called the paramedics immediately. I forgot to tell Doc what the procedure was when the paramedics are trying to determine a persons mental capabilities. (the mental questions). When Doc awoke, the paramedics asked him what day it was and Doc looked at them calmly and told them, if you don't know I am not going to tell you. The next questions was, who is the president of the United States. Doc once again calmly replied, are we conducting a poll here? The next questions was, what is your name. Doc got angry at this question and replied, well if you don't know who you are treating, I think you had better leave.
I then explained to Doc that these questions we to determine his mental stability and his reply was, I am dying of cancer, I am not nuts! Oh the memories...
thanks for the story and for a few moments of humorous distraction. For some reason i am not liking the word "distraction". It was drilled into me to NOT be distracted and was considered bad in military circumstances. Hard to change the old conditioning! Madman--i now appreciate "distractions" from the pain and yours is a good one. has the elements of "gallows humor" and has a warm feel to it too. I bet it felt "warm" while sharing.  thank you madman   om   don
I understand the conditioning. Being former military I remember things we were not supposed to do or say but they always stick in the back of your mind. My veteran buddy had a funny sense of humor or you can call it gallows humor but he really made people around him think. That was just his way of dealing with his reality. It still made us all laugh or at least create shock in the face of reality. Sometimes that shock can really make you think and it is amazing that someone so sick could bring this reality to life as we know it.
I like what you wrote-those are the 2 things that have really helped me, too.  I put on a song I love and have it cranked so loud on the headphones that when my family comes in the room they can tell what song it is, and I have some really nice headphones-lol.  I watch a lot of reality tv and it takes my mind to that place where I am not focusing on my pain as much, plus I love drama and mystery movies and some of the mystery shows, too.  Like 48 hours and some of the ones on lifetime.  So ya, those are two really great ideas. We can never stop our pain but there are things that can help us not focus on it so much and maybe feel a little better.  Everyone on this couch seems very eager to help one another and listen.  That is a really good thing.  TY for listening.  MOmom02
That is so funny-I loved that.
ok,
thanks for the funny stories :)
I will post a joke that a friend gave me today.

A Rabbi Hears Confession !

A Priest in a small town was called away for an emergency on a Sunday ,afternoon while he was about to hear confessions. Not wanting
to leave the confessional unattended, and having no one else to assist him he called his Rabbi friend from across the street and asked him to cover for him.

The Rabbi told him he wouldn't know what to say or do.
The Priest told him to come over and he'd stay with him for a little bit to show him what to do.
The Rabbi dutifully came over. The Rabbi and the Priest were in the confessional working out the details.

A few minutes later, a woman came in and said, "Father, forgive me for I have sinned."
The priest asked, "What did you do?"
The woman said, "I committed adultery."
Priest: "How many times?"
Woman: "Three times."

Priest: "Say two Hail Mary,s, put five dollars in the donation box, go and sin no more."

A few minutes later a man entered the confessional. He said, "Father, forgive me for I have sinned." Priest: "What did you do?"
Man: "I committed adultery."
Priest: "How many times?"
Man: "Three times."

Priest: "Say two Hail Mary's, put five dollars in the box, go and sin no more."

The Rabbi told the Priest that he thought he understood the procedure, so the Priest left.

A few minutes later another woman entered and said, "Father forgive me for I have sinned."

Rabbi: "What did you do?"
Woman: "I committed adultery."
Rabbi: "How many times?"
Woman: "Once."

Rabbi: "Go do it two more times. We have a special this week, three for five dollars!"

I know it is silly, but I enjoyed it maybe you did too?
Enjoy the day everyone.  I am going to a pain support group tonight, that is my goal for the day.
Ttyl, Sue
Yes,it is hilarious one.
hey what do you guys think if we arranged a once a week (more or less) time for us all to log in and talk live at a designated thread for that purpose???  Really  i think it might be pretty interesting to see what might happen!!  Let me know..   om    don
I have become somewhat addicted to Turner Classic movies. These are the black and white movies when movie stars were real stars and acting was a serious thing. Some of these movies of the past show the times we lived in and the history of how we have developed as a society. There are no commercials and I find myself lost in the movie as a good distraction. This created an interest in biographies about the movie stars of the time and the contracts they were under, so I am looking for related books. Haven't found anything to brag about yet but it did create an interest in something else to focus on. Anything to keep the brain functioning. Back on the pain pills but hopefully only for one month. Now my only other choice may be a spinal cord stimulator but in the mean time, I need to get the anxiety and stress under control so watching these movies helps keep my brain busy. Also subscribed to Net Flicks where I can choose the movies I want to see so once I see a movie, it creates interests in something related that keeps my brain functioning. As long as the brain is still functioning, I know that I am in good shape and not dead YET!
Sorry for the double posting, see what the drugs do to the brain...
Hello omhome:

My name is Mollyrae, founder of the Chronic Pain Couch. I see that you've had some real interest in the group and I really appreciate that. Even though you don't see me much, I still visit the group. I see that you have some ambitions in the works. Can I be of some help?

Please feel free to send me a private message as I really do read them. Thansk for being so compassionate when helping those in the group.
My very best,
Mollyrae-Founder of the Chronic Pain Couch.
Hello Mollyrae and thank you so much for being the Founding Mother--the Pioneer-of Posts---the  ok   ok a little much there---But really   thanks for the Couch and what do you think of a thread to gather once a week in real time and talk together---problem solve--vent---etc.  It might be fun and keep the energy going.  And i would love love love it if you would just  jump right in and help or direct or energize or whatever Mollyrae wants to do> we need a little more help to  keep what you started working. So Yes you bet we could use your help Mollyrae.
     Madmad---keep it coming i love it and i too love the old classic movies even the westerns and series like Gunsmoke---big valley---and hello Palladin!!? Wagon Train.   Thanks for reminding us of those beauties.
      Alright everybody look sharp --the founder is in the building. All say hello!!!!!   I love you folks     om    yogadon
Went out to a veterans informational workshop today. Scared me to death. I visited the Hospice booth with was nothing but a referral area. The do referrals related to hospice care but that did not answer my question about what if I wind up in hospice care? I have one caregiver who is my only family and in the event I lose him, I may have no other choice. I am not terminal but will be if I do not get the proper care. Visited the nursing home and family assistance group which were all referral groups so they were of no help to me.
Now my advise. When you visit these groups, find out what they actually do and what they can do for you in your present situation. A referral does not help when you are in pain, need assistance immediately or want questions related to your health and you are referred to another group who 'generalizes' all the information they give. Learn to get smart and relate your immediate issues with immediate answers for the present. I learned nothing today except to stay away from these groups. I can investigate on my own or check with my social worker to find the same information. Beware...! (by the way, none of these groups were local and way out of my area.) Food for thought as I found out...
i bet you guys have heard this one but just in case you haven't---and hey--some people have told me it's a mean-spirited joke and brought up negative stuff for them---i don't know---to  me it is a surprise and darn funny---what do you think.    And was there a moment free of Pain while you considered it and what you thought of it?  That's important (if there was a moment free of pain---a very short moment even)because you can learn to "Expand" that space---that quickie moment free of the Pain. With practice---more moments Free.
           here it is after all the build-up And i know it is really duct-tape but i like Duck better.
    Oh Get On With the Joke would you Omhome!!!  
    ok

Silence is Golden  
    and Duck-Tape is Silver!

Happy Turkey Day everyone. I hope you are all enjoying to day and making it count for something. This is the first time in a long time we are actually making a turkey. It is only the two of us but it looks like it is going to be a fun day and why not?
For some reason, I am posting twice and I apologize for this. Don't know what I am doing wrong but I will watch the buttons I press (along with the medications I take) to make sure I am not seeing double. Sorry about the double postings.
I am sure double posing takes place because of some technjcal problem of the website It is not your mistake.
as I sit here being very thankful for my wonderful family and great Thanksgiving that we just shared. And even more thankful for this comfortable bed that I now lie in. Trying to recoup in reading all of your POS brings a smile to my face. Thank you all for the wonderful stories weather double posted or not. That's for you mad man! Lol

On our way home from Thanksgiving dinner we had several Tupperware containers full of leftovers we had prime rib Turkey and potatoes stuffing everything you can think of we stopped at a friends home to pick up a puppy for my daughter for Christmas they had no food for Thanksgiving dinner. We were able to give them all of our leftovers and there was plenty to set. Their table and bring them a warm Thanksgiving dinner even though we were stuffed to the brim we Sat around and enjoying their company while we attempted to eat 82nd Thanksgiving dinner. Not much food went in the mouse but a lot of laughter and good times. I feel very fortunate that we were able to do this what up my daughter how good it felt just to share a bit and see how fortunate we really are. Thank you for keeping the thread live and I hope you all had a wonderful holiday!

Sorry about the typos I am talk to texting on my phone and sometimes I don't catch the errors before I hit the submit button. Hopefully you can decipher what I meant. Lol
Well, the Thanksgiving holidays are over with and I can actually say I enjoyed them for the first time in years. My former years have been filled with drama, family problems and a lot of deaths. Trying to put this all behind me has been rough. In my selfishness, I did not celebrate the holidays because they brought back too many memories for me. I did not think about the others around me who wanted to celebrate the holidays. My caregiver who is the only family I have left, has 'tolerated' my selfishness and complained very little with understanding but reminded me this year, that I have to remember to let go once in a while. I never saw this from his point of view but I was too self absorbed in my pain and creating my own drama.
Well that is behind me now and Thanksgiving was wonderful. Quiet, and sensible and with food that I have not eaten in a long time. Two days after Thanksgiving I took out the Christmas decorations and started decorating the house. I still have a lot to do but the start has really got me in the mood. I have shopping to do for my caregiver and he has already done his for me. Now all I have to do is to get him to wrap the presents and help me with the decorating. Now is the challenge. He thinks I let him off the hook by just pulling out the tree but this is going to be a good year, in spite of all the medical treatments I still have to undergo but that is not the thought at present.
My thoughts are on the present and to let go of the selfishness I had created and learn to share and be thankful for what I can share with others. To see a smile that maybe I can create for someone who has done SO MUCH for me.
It may be hard to remember what it is that I am supposed to do for these holidays but I am sure I can find a way to remember. This year I hope to focus on doing something for someone else and be thankful for what has been done for me.
Well we have all passed the Thanksgiving holidays so far and I will say I enjoyed mine for the first time in years. Now it is time for Christmas and I have the tree all put up, the house decorated and spent three days wrapping gifts (I am horrible at wrapping but I insisted the be wrapped). Been so busy actually enjoying the festivities, haven't had much time to think of anything else although I did leave a note on find a grave for one of my relatives and family that I remember so well around this holiday time. Made it short and sweet and moved on without tears, just the memories which I can replace when I look at the tree and presents we have decorated the house with. Good feeling this year and thankful I can share it with the people who are here to care for me.Feels good!
soooo.......>>>>>>>laughter or at least a smile therapy for the day>>>>

hickory dickory dock
      the mouse ran up the clock
      the clock struck one
      and knocked the s***
      out of the little mouse!  

Hey! I'm tryin' here         omhome
you know---i like my little mouse joke!  Just was looking thru older posts and this mouse jumped out at me!!! and--well---   !    darn it! silence is golden---   and duct tape is silver!  And listen up! It is not duck---i said---not duck-(poor damn ducks)--nope----not duck tape.     om
if you missed reading these posts or would like to see them again here they are----well worth reading!!!
Well I know I am positive and it brightens up my day.
I am positive when I wake up in the morning because I do wake up and from there well?
I know I am positive when my pills don't work but the sun is shining and it is a beautiful day.
I know I am positive when I see my doctor and he schedules me for a follow up visit instead of pronouncing me dead.
Ah, hell, I am just one of those people who see the glass half full and it is loaded with whiskey?
the old zen master was asked that question----glass half full or empty?
In answer.........
Silence.............
And then he simply drank it!

om
Love it!
specialmom commented on melimeli's status
nursegirl6572 commented on 10356's status
nursegirl6572 "You accepted less because ... Comment
Aug 20