Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
ALL tests find but still feeling bad
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

ALL tests find but still feeling bad

Hi everyone :)
I have had a TT for paillary Thyroid cancer and had my RAI and am now on 85 mcg of thyroxine daily. At one stage I was diagnosed iatrogenic hyperthyroidism with all my symptoms. At the moment my labs are fine and ALMOST all my symptoms have subsided. I still feel always dizzy, nauses, lightheaded, faint and find it hard to concerrntrate. I am not allowed to be on beta blockers as I have low blood pressure. Any suggestions of what tests/meds I should try???? Ps I am in Australia so it may vary but I am struggling with my Endo and GP.
97953_tn?1193367871
Would focus on trying to make sure you are on the proper amount of thyroxine for your hypothyroidism with regard to the risk of recurrence of thyroid cancer which based on your description is probably low.  It appears that the dose decrease was appropriate and has been done.  It may take more time for your symptoms to catch up with the "normal" labs.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank