Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Addisons Disease
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Addisons Disease

I hope I am in the right forum.2 years ago I was diagnosed with Addisons Disease after nearly dying.I have been on medication for this ever since. Recently my blood pressure has fallen. Most of the time it gets no higher than 90/60. For most of he past week  it has been all over the place on the low side. I went toy doctor and he ordered a blood test which showed a potassium level of 9.6 and a low sodium count. The next day I tested at 7.8 potasium with a low sodium reading also.3 days ago he also had me do a 24 hour urine test at which time it was completed another blodtest was done. At this time I have not recieved the results.I have increased my addisons medication as my Endo doctor has told me but it I still can not get a hold of my bloodpressure. I have constant light headiness and when I satnd up I get extremely dizzy. As the day progresses The dizziness lightens up but it  still there. By the way the urine test is being done as he said my kidneys were not working fully. Is this another flare up of my Addisons possibly?  I just can,t seem to get my primary doctor to answer me.  I do not want to end up like I did before. Also my thyroid is bouncing all over the place. Every 6 weeks a get retested and they adjust my meds. Thanks for any help you might be. I cannot get an appointment with my Endocronlogist till October and I hate to go the ER if it isn't/