Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Are fluctuating thyroid levels (tsh) normal?

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

A couple years ago my tsh was 2.7, now it's 0.8 something. Is this normal? My doctor said my thyroid felt enlarged, but a sonogram showed it's in normal range. I have symptoms such as weight gain, rapid heart rate ( no physical reason for) and declining hair quality. The docs say my tsh is normal all the time, but should I have a free t3 and t 4 test? THANK YOU
This is normal fluctuation.
Thank you Doctor
hi im carmell..i am 24 years old...i have been diagnosed by hypo...since august 2012 i discover that i had a goiter which is hypo...my doctor biopsy me then the result it is NORMAL...then he gave me a med (levothyroxine 150mg)..after 2 months of taking it, since we live in urban most pharmacy here had no complete med, they do have only 100mg of the same brand so i have no choice but to buy it...is it ok that i only take 50mg? instead of 75mg a day? i have go to doctor once..since that i never go to him...until now...then january 2013 i discover that my heart palpitates and i have hair loss..

is it normal that my hearts palpitates faster? is it dangerous? what should i take to be my heart back to normal beating? can it cause a heart disease? any comment plsss....i need some answer