Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Calcific Tendonitis & Throid

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Calcific Tendonitis & Throid

This year I had calcium removed out of both my rotator cuffs, one shoulder doc removed about 6 viles full that was like toothpaste.  They were very painful and want to know what caused it.  I have had some signs of thyroid issues like weight gain, hair loss, dry skin, depression, just to name a few.  I had my thyroid checked and this is what  it was:  TSH 1.26, Free T4 1.19 and Thyroid Peroxidase Antibodies 16.6

Any ideas??  Doc just said my thyroid antibody titer is sightly elevated and that was that.  Ortho doc just says it is a fluke.  And total fluke it happened in both shoulders.  I am so scared it is happening in other joints because I am stiff and sore all the time and only a 41 year old woman.

Thanks!  
This is not related to your shoulder.  The TSH is completely normal, the slight borderline elevation in TPO antibody is not likely significant, recommend recheck TSH in one year.