Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Can thyroid nodules spread?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Can thyroid nodules spread?

I just recently found out I have a nodule on my right lobe thyroid gland. When I first found out a couple of months ago it was only like 3 mm in size. Now it is almost a centimeter in size. During a recent MRI of my brain there was a subcentimeter sized nodule in the anterior lobe of my pituitary gland. Can this be caused by a possible thyroid cancer? The nodule in my thyroid hasn't been investigated by my doctor, and I am dealing with chiari malformation on top of everything else. My neck is very swollen and I have had a terrible sore throat for a couple of weeks with difficulty swallowing. I also coughed up a small blood clot yesterday, but I am not experiencing any chest pain that would suggest it was caused by a URI. I think the nodule on my pituitary gland could be causing some of the visual disturbances I have been experiencing, but then again Chiari could be the culprit as well. Is it possible that I am going through early thyroid cancer stages? I don't have a very good relationship with my new PCP, but I know that I should have this investigated.I have also had weird stabbing pains in the right side of my head right above the temples that I don't think is caused by chiari. I wonder if this could be from pituitary nodule? I have been treated like a hypochondriac though. (I have learned a while ago that doctors don't know a damn thing about chiari malformation in my area) It has even been suggested that I be placed on Haldol. UGH!!! I am almost afraid to go to the doctor because of the way I have been treated. But then again, I need to have further diagnostic testing to rule out early cancer. Has anyone else experienced the same issues as I in regard to the thyroid and pituitary gland nodules? Any advice would be appreciated. And if you don't mind sharing your stories with me, I would be grateful to hear your stories as well.

Thanks everyone and GOD BLESS