Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Colloid cyst
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Colloid cyst

" UCG of neck is performed using 7.5Mhz linear transducer. study is as follows : right lobe of thyroid 4.1x2.3x1.5 cm.
left lobe of thyroid measures 4.1x1.7.1.3 cm. Isthmus measures 2.8mm.
mutliple tiny nodules with hypoechoic rim and predominant peripheral vascularity is seen in both the lobes of thyroid. Largest in right measures 0.7 x 0.7 cm. There is a evidence of cystic lension at the junction of left lobe and isthmus measuring 1.2X0.7 cm. no eveidence of internal septae or echoes within. Features may be suggestive of  colloid cyst.
great vessel of neck appears normal. no significant cervical lymph adenopathy seen. "
The above is the report of UCG when I sensed some cyst near my throat suddenly ( in an hr or so after eating one chocolates) . I am sure that it was not existing. But Dr. feels that it must be existing for many months.
Me confused. What could have caused this?  How can people avoid?

Appreciate your expert's repsonse..
Thanks,