Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Daughter is 7 with unknown bruises and yellowing of skin

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

My daughter is autistic and had several red spots on her head last week and then on Friday woke up with a swollen eye that turned to a bruise as the day persisted. We have no idea how she got these red spots or bruise. Her scalp now looks yellow and behind her ears as well. She hasn't had blood drawn since 11/11/11. We took her to the doctor back then because she easily bruises for unknown reasons. Her blood work came back with TSH, 3rd generation of 3.28, T4 free of 1.2 time activated 33 sec and prothrombin time-INR of 1.1 and PT of 11.4. Her LYMPH was 39.6 and MID 8.5 Gran 51.9 and PLT 326 K/uL. Is there any chance that even know this bloodwork was ok, that she could have ITP or some type of platelet disorder?
The platelet count suggests against that - unless the count is normal but the platelet function is not (ie, von-willebrand). The thyroid levels are normal for age.  Would work with her pediatrician to get to the underlying cause and she may need additional labs and possibly hematology consult.
Hi Dr,

Was wondering if all hard none movable thyroid nodules are cancerous? 20 month ago i felt a hard lump non movable on my left side right beside my adams apple.

Thanks in adavence