Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Does anyone know who can test for Nonylphenol

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

I would like to have myself tested to see how much Nonylphenol is in me which is an endocrine disrupter that gives an estrogenic effect. This in turn disrupts the thyroid. I had a mesh TVT for incontinence OP in 2003 and have had problems since 2005. At the moment I am in the process of having tests, but the NHS do not carry out these types of tests. I have learnt that this mesh is made from polypropylene and leaches out nonylphenol especially caused by warmth. I need somewhere in the UK
Sorry, I don't know anything about this type of testing.
Since posting this I have found out that there is such a test in some parts of USA for BPH/TRICLOSAN/NONYLPHENOL, and all these are endocrine disruptors. I have located a lot of research on these chemicals which leach out of plastics. This test has not yet been acredited for use in the UK. Is it no wonder that cancer rates have gone up with the increase in plastics. Cancer comes about when the immune system has been pulled down by these endocrine disrupting chemicals that leach out of these plastics such as Polypropylene. They use urine samples for this test which is quite expensive but will be worth the money.