Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Elevated Thyroglobulin Antibody Levels
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Elevated Thyroglobulin Antibody Levels

My blood tests show elevated levels of thyroglobulin antibody and ANA.

T3, T4, TSH, and Thyroid Peroxidase AB were normal.

TP, CPK, Uric Acid, CRP, urinalysis, SPEP, CCP, ESR, Scleroderma ABS, JO-1 AB,  Anti-DS DNA, C3, and C4 all normal.

Negative for lupus, RA, and parvovirus.

Symptoms: Mild fever, fatigue, joint/muscle aches that have migrated up my body starting in lower extremities to back to shoulders and now in the neck.

I've felt miserable for about a month now. My doctor has all the lab data, but is taking his time getting back to me on what might be going on. I just want to figure out what is going on with my body and get started on the path to fixing it. Hopefully someone understands my frustration and anxiety over this and can help.
97953_tn?1193367871
An elevated Tg-Ab is nonspecific - if the TSH is normal, then thyroid function is not the likely cause of symptoms.  We sometimes see Tg-Ab in thyroid nodules - so an ultrasound would not be unreasonable but this does not at all increase the risk of thyroid cancer in the nodule and would not explain the other symptoms either.  you may have had an infection of some sort with a reactive joint inflammation...
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank