Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Getting worried...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Getting worried...

I posted a similar question (to the following) a few days ago & it was moved pretty sad considering what Ive been through to get a docs opinion on whats going on. This is the only doc forum this Q falls under so please be kind.

I am currently not on any meds. I was diagnosed with Hashis ('05ish), but my doctor at the time said my symptoms werent "bad enough" to be on meds, and I was trying to conceive. However now I feel very sick. I have almost every hypothyroid symptom, but Ive been to a few docs who say Im fine & that I do not have Hashis. One main problem is my throat always hurts, and its not like strep throat or sore throat from a cold. There are no cold symptoms with it. Sometimes I have to strain to get anything to come out. It's very disheartening when trying to read to my kids. I have the WORST headaches nearly every day. Ive tried pain and migraine meds but nothing works. They get so bad I see colors, vision blurs, I get shakey (shaky) & nauseous. Most mornings I wake up feeling hungover but I dont drink. These are only a few of the symptoms I experience & it gets worse daily. Feb 13 labs were tsh at .41 & free t4 at 1. I know these are within normal range but they are on the lower end. Im concerned about my tsh, it keeps getting lower. First tsh in June '09 was .72, Jan '10 was .64, now it's .41. Labs were all done @ 8am. + since tsh is low, free t4 should be high. This makes me wonder about a pituitary problem. Had cortisol tested @ 8am in Jan & it was 5. I did ACTH stim a few days later & @ 8am base cortisol was 11. Again within range, but on low side. My adrenals did react to stim, going from 11 to 27 to 33 every 30 min. Thats great but Im left wondering why cortisol is low & there was no base ACTH serum. My endo has tried everything but looking at the pituitary. Do you think it should be adressed?