Graves rash
Doctor,

Several years ago I had a biopsy on a rash on my legs  I was told that it was Graves rash and that I only had the rash and that a person could have just the rash and not Graves disease.  Is this correct?  My rash has returned after approximately 10 years and I am concerned as I have other health problems.  i.e. type 2 diabetes, low platlets, low B12 (receiving injections).  This rash is on both legs (shins) this time.
It is possible to have this rash on the skin and not have hyperthyroid Graves disease.
Would consider a repeat biopsy and evaluation by dermatologist -- if they still think Graves dermopathy then check thyroid antibodies (TSI, TBII, TPO-ab) and see an endocrinologist for further evaluation.