Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Hashi, please help
About This Forum:

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hashi, please help

I was recently diagnosed with hashi. Ive had same symptoms for years but tsh was always in range and symptoms were mild and would come and go. But they started to get worse with time.No dr bothered checking t3 or t4, even when i was treated for infertility. My tsh was only checked once. Progesterone levels were always low. I started having severe allergies to everything (foods, smells, weather changes, rain, wind, dust...life itself) along with horrible migrains and headaches that were getting worse and more frequent. For some periods i had to take one ibuprofen first thing in the morning every day so i could go to work. Then the overall ill feeling and migr would go away. Mri didnt show anything. My questions are:
-Can thyroid levels fluctuate from month to month?
-Can they fluctuate WITHIN the month making somebody feel sick and then go back to normal?
-Why do my legs hurt all day long and at night (horribly!)?
Im 34 years old, 5.2 feet tall, 149 lb now (had baby 9 months ago, thyroid 5.8, low good cholesterol hdl 45, everything else normal, ldl 100...etc) normal weight 125-135 lb
97953_tn?1193367871
TSh can fluctuate 0.5-1.5 points during the day and at other times. "thyroid" 5.8 must mean TSH which is slightly high -- would retest 5-6 weeks later along w/ TPO antibodies.  Especially important if you had infertility and/or plan another pregnancy.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
97953_tn?1193367871
Mark Lupo, M.D.Blank
Thyroid & Endocrine Center of Florida
Sarasota, FL
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now