Thyroid Cancer / Nodules & Hyperthyroidism Expert Forum
Hashimoto patients life expectancy?

Questions in the Thyroid forum are answered by Mark Lupo, MD. Topics covered include Goiter, Graves Disease, Hyperthyroid, Parathyroid/Calcium Problems, Thyroid Cancer, Thyroid Nodules/Cysts, Thyroiditis, Thyroid & Pregnancy, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone (TSH), Thyroid Tests, and Thyroid Surgery.

Hashimoto patients life expectancy?
I have the following questions:
1- What id the TPO antibody level that is considered dangerous? Is 30 times more than normal fatal?
2-What is the life expectancy (prognosis) of the patients with Hashimoto's Disease?
3-Is there any other way to treat the patients beside Levothyroxine (hormone therapy)?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Hamid
The prognosis is excellent (with normal life expectancy) given proper replacment with levothyroxine (this is the treatment, no good alternatives).  The level of antibody has not been correlated with a worse outcome, only confirms the diagnosis of hashimotos